Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another victim of violent Republicanism...

• 09-04-2013 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Another victim of violent Republicanism - a butcher's van driver murdered by a middle-aged woman. I'm not quite sure how the terrorists think this strikes a blow for Ireland or improves the lot of their countrymen, but she seems quite proud of herself. The only thing I can think of is that this was another squabble over the proceeds of drug dealing.
    A Limerick woman has pleaded guilty at the Special Criminal Court in Dublin this morning to murdering a father-of-two as he sat in a van on the driveway of his home.

Rose Lynch (50) gave a clenched fist salute and exclaimed “Mná na hÉireann, tiocfaidh ár lá” as she was led in to custody after unexpectedly pleading guilty to the murder of David Darcy (39) on the day her trial was due to commence.

The call was returned by shouts of “you should be ashamed of yourself” and “scumbag” from members of Mr Darcy’s family sitting in the public gallery.

Lynch was charged in December 2011 with the murder of Mr Darcy, who was shot dead while sitting in his van at Cherry Orchard Avenue on the morning of November 28th, 2011.

Mr Darcy, who was employed as a driver for a local butcher and was originally from Ballyfermot, had been about to go to work when he was killed.

Lynch, with an address at Oakleigh Wood, Dooradoyle,Limerick is also charged with membership of an illegal organisation styling itself the Irish Republican Army, otherwise the IRA, otherwise Oglaigh na hEireann on November 28th, 2011.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/female-assassin-pleads-guilty-to-murder-29184761.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

What a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Incredibly sad in this day and age.

Go home terrorist, you are drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Other than her membership of an illegal organisation claiming to be republican, I don't see what the murder actually has to do with republicanism.

She may as well have been a member of the ICA. It has nothing to do with republicanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Other than her membership of an illegal organisation claiming to be republican, I don't see what the murder actually has to do with republicanism.

She may as well have been a member of the ICA. It has nothing to do with republicanism.

Whats the ICA ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

She can't be mentally stable to think this was in anyway beneficial to the "cause" of the IRA.

Was this just a random murder by a woman who happened to be a member of the IRA and who used the media attention as a platform to shout a load of republican nonsense?

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Whats the ICA ?

Very dangerous people.. best not to ask too many questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Big thick Limerick knacker, hope she rots in jail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats the ICA ?

http://www.ica.ie/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Irish Countrywoman's Association
    Institute of Contemporary Arts

Take your pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ugh more evidence of republican retardation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would doubt it was a republican hit, maybe she had other reasons for doing it but at least it gives the court another charge to throw at the stupid cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

* Irish Citizens Army, to add to your list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

donvito99 wrote: »
    * Irish Citizens Army, to add to your list.

And the Irish Cycling Association

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ugh more evidence of republican retardation

Yup. I believe that she signed the Poblacht na hEireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

How do you know that? :eek:

It seemed to me she was making it pretty clear that this murder was 'political' and not done in a private capacity.
    Rose Lynch (50) gave a clenched fist salute and exclaimed “Mná na hÉireann, tiocfaidh ár lá” as she was led in to custody after unexpectedly pleading guilty to the murder of David Darcy (39) on the day her trial was due to commence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Irish thugs have a history of portraying themselves as freedom fighters while they shoot innocents and deal drugs.

Seachmall wrote: »
    She can't be mentally stable to think this was in anyway beneficial to the "cause" of the IRA.

Was this just a random murder by a woman who happened to be a member of the IRA and who used the media attention as a platform to shout a load of republican nonsense?

Ok I get the ICA :D

This woman was the wife of the leader of the continuity IRA in limerick who himself is now locked up, AFAIK the shooting was connected to different factions between the CIRA,open to correction on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

biko wrote: »
    Irish thugs have a history of portraying themselves as freedom fighters while they shoot innocents and deal drugs.
    Well, you could say the same about criminals in a hell of a lot of other countries to be honest.

Anynama141 wrote: »

It seemed to me she was making it pretty clear that this murder was 'political' and not done in a private capacity.

Just because she calls herself a 'republican' doesn't make her one. I could call myself a Jedi and go out on a murderous rampage, but people wouldn't say things like 'grrr... typical retarded Jedi's'

It has nothing to do with republicanism. It's just plain scummy criminal behavior... there's no need to add a political slant to it. The only reason those scobes do it is to make it seem like they're doing it all for a 'cause' other than lining their pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

God help us if they're involved in this.

• Advertisement

Just because she calls herself a 'republican' doesn't make her one. I could call myself a Jedi and go out on a murderous rampage, but people wouldn't say things like 'grrr... typical retarded Jedi's'

It has nothing to do with republicanism. It's just plain scummy criminal behavior... there's no need to add a political slant to it. The only reason those scobes do it is to make it seem like they're doing it all for a 'cause' other than lining their pockets.
    Yes, but SHE is the one clearly linking it to violent Republicanism (note the distinction from simple 'Republicanism'), not me. She was also charged with (some version of) IRA membership - clearly the state good has evidence for this too.

It will be interesting to hear in the the coming hours and days whether RIRA or whatever bunch of thugs she is associated with disown her or disavow her actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Could we just take all her ilk, and all the limerick drugs gangs, and just send them off to an island with John Lonergan and a camera crew where he can teach them to behave themselves and act in some sort of circus together?

We could use the ad revenue from the reality show to hire Tom Cruise for the next season of love/hate - win/win

Does no one read my posts :-(

thought so.

Does no one read my posts :-(

thought so.
    I saw it after I wrote my last, sorry :)

So it was very much a Republican matter, if you are correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Riddle101 wrote: »
    God help us if they're involved in this.

The Irish Cycling Association would run you over :D

• Anynama141 wrote: »

Sure that crowd of scum only need to cross the road and they'd be shouting slogans they probably can't even translate. Any excuse.

I saw it after I wrote my last, sorry :)

So it was very much a Republican matter, if you are correct?

Yes inner feuding within the CIRA.

Hmm...16 thanks and counting for a post that says it has "nothing to do with Republicanism".

Zero thanks for the post from Realies which says that it had everything to do with Republicanism.

What gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hmm...16 thanks and counting for a post that says it has "nothing to do with Republicanism".

Zero thanks for the post from Realies which shows that it was everything to do with Republicanism.

What gives?

Well, full marks for transparency at least.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Well, full marks for transparency at least.
    Either it was a 'political' murder or it wasn't.

It seems it was. And a rake of folks are applauding a post that has it completely wrong.

It seems it was. And a rake of folks are applauding a post that has it completely wrong.

That wasn't what I was getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just because some nut ball kills someone and shouts some **** and another poster who says its this and that followed by a I MAYBE OPEN TO CORRECTION don't make it a political murder.

In the words of Happy Gilmore

" Who Gives A **** "

That wasn't what I was getting at.
    Oh right, you were going straight for the ad hominem. How unlike you.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just because some nut ball kills someone and shouts some **** and another poster who says its this and that followed by a I MAYBE OPEN TO CORRECTION don't make it a political murder.
    If Realies info is correct, it was political. IF.
    In the words of Happy Gilmore

" Who Gives A **** "
    Well you took the time to write a post and come up with a literary quote to add colour... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

It has nothing to do with republicanism?

Is that the same as kingsmill having nothing to do with the provos? - it was the south Armagh republican action force!

• Advertisement

Oh right, you were going straight for the ad hominem. How unlike you.

No, I was pointing out the nature and intent of the thread -

REPUBLICANS!!!!! *poke with stick, *poke with stick

EVIL REPUBLICANS!!!!!! *poke with stick *kick *attempt to provoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If Realies info is correct, it was political. IF.

Well you took the time to write a post and come up with a literary quote to add colour... ;)

Cause these posts just get old, Everything these days is violent republicanism :rolleyes:

If i step on a spider,you'd be sure somewhere out there someone would try and say i'm a violent republican, ira mudering bastard.... blah blah blah

Stop using violence and people will stop bashing your beliefs.

Considering that you deny being a Shinner, it's odd that you can be reliably counted on to react in a Pavlovian manner to anything you deem even slightly negative towards Republicanism.

How. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It has nothing to do with republicanism?
    There is no real way to confirm who is and isn't in a genuine republican gang, all they can go off is her saying she is.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she did this off her own bat.

• Advertisement

Considering that you deny being a Shinner, it's odd that you can be reliably counted on to react in a Pavlovian manner to anything you deem even slightly negative towards Republicanism.

How. Odd.

He accused me of inciting hatred for asking why we are housing 70 different nationalities in Fingal. Yet here he is, defending violent republicans.

It is a mad old world.

ScumLord wrote: »
    There is no real way to confirm who is and isn't in a genuine republican gang, all they can go off is her saying she is.
    Assuming they have zero intelligence on these groups. Quite an assumption there, you'd probably admit. You'd also have to wonder why she'd bother. And surely the CIRA will be disavowing her?

Considering that you deny being a Shinner, ....

I do wha?
    Yet here he is, defending violent republicans....

Where did I do that in this thread wayne?

Cause these posts just get old, Everything these days is violent republicanism :rolleyes:

If i step on a spider,you'd be sure somewhere out there someone would try and say i'm a violent republican, ira mudering bastard.... blah blah blah
    I presume you don't belong to the CIRA, or a group that supports political violence, so I don't really see how it reflects on you or SF at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

That explains the drugs connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i thought this was about republicans not a woman mudering a man

i thought this was about republicans not a woman mudering a man
    Uh...you did read the link, right?

I do wha?
    Oh apologies - I seem to have misunderstood this post you made yesterday.

So you are a Shinner. Fair enough.

A female assassin who was caught with bullets in her handbag as she was on the way to carry out a second murder in a fortnight holds the key to smashing the Continuity IRA terror organisation.

Well over 100 gardai are working around the clock to keep a lid on the bitter gang war which started when Continuity IRA member Liam Kenny was shot dead at his Clondalkin home in June.

The CIRA have declared war on the Ballyfermot man – they accuse him of being a drug dealer. They shot David Darcy because they say that Darcy is linked to this man.
    “They say that Darcy provided information that led to the murder of Liam Kenny.”

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=woman%20arressted%20over%20ballyfermot%20murder%20cira&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.herald.ie%2Fnews%2Fvicious-feud-between-cira-and-gang-boss-led-female-assassin-to-shoot-dad-david-27996413.html&ei=2UdkUeO5LsenhAfd3IDoBQ&usg=AFQjCNFmqzOCXUUn1nDshUMQuUyBLggEwA&bvm=bv.44990110,d.ZG4

This might help.

Oh apologies - I seem to have misunderstood this post you made yesterday.

Yep. You seemed unable to accept the notion of Republicans objecting to Thatcher on grounds unrelated to the hunger strikes and having beliefs unrelated to NI etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement