Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another victim of violent Republicanism...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    That's because if you do anything bad your automatically in the IRA :rolleyes: I cant believe people believe all that media garbage

Its not garbage. Check the facts.

And im not saying anyone who does bad is automatically in the IRA. But to say there were no drug dealers is false.

The same way there are and were drug dealers in the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Being convicted of being a member is kind of an indication...

You don't need evidence in the Special Criminal Court to secure a conviction in IRA membership charges.
    It simply takes a hunch from a Garda Superintendent.
    It's internment basically.
    I would not take the SCC as an indication of anything, and nor would most functioning European nations.
    Even in Britain, many of the IRA membership charges accepted in Dublin would be laughed out of court.
    (Incidentally, people were duped in the GFA debates of 1998 that this Court would be broken up, and the draconian emergency legislation be scrapped...it has been made more draconian)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

coolemon wrote: »
    Its not garbage. Check the facts.

And im not saying anyone who does bad is automatically in the IRA. But to say there were no drug dealers is false.

The same way there are and were drug dealers in the Gardai.

But most of the time there is never any proof at all, it will be some person who knows someone that was in the IRA and then automatically that person that commits a crime is linked in dissident activity and is now a member of some version of the IRA. Its all bollocks.

Being convicted of being a member is kind of an indication...

A member of what though. Her "RCIRA" can hardly be seen to be synonymous with the other "IRA's".

If it were, anyone could say they were in the IRA and go around shooting people, and then claim it was political.

This Limerick gang were just that, a gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

You don't need evidence in the Special Criminal Court to secure a conviction in IRA membership charges.
    It simply takes a hunch from a Garda Superintendent.
    It's internment basically.
    I would not take the SCC as an indication of anything, and nor would most functioning European nations.
    Even in Britain, many of the IRA membership charges accepted in Dublin would be laughed out of court.
    (Incidentally, people were duped in the GFA debates of 1998 that this Court would be broken up, and the draconian emergency legislation be scrapped...it has been made more draconian)
    Except she confessed. And shouted Republican slogans infront of the victims family. Pure scum. Yet to some posters here she's more honourable then Thatcher. Seems your position on the political spectrum speaks more of your nobility in these parts then your actions. Very sad.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    But most of the time there is never any proof at all, it will be some person who knows someone that was in the IRA and then automatically that person that commits a crime is linked in dissident activity and is now a member of some version of the IRA. Its all bollocks.

Look. the individual in question was already accepted on the E3 landing in Portlaoise. He was then expelled when his criminal background emerged.

That, and he has been charged with IRA membership in the company with 7 others.

There is no point denying it. Criminal elements can get involved with the IRA. But that should not necessarilly be a reflection on the broader organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Except she confessed. And shouted Republican slogans infront of the victims family. Pure scum. Yet to some posters here she's more honourable then Thatcher. Seems your position on the political spectrum speaks more of your nobility in these parts then your actions. Very sad.

What posters would those be? I think I'm familiar with all the posts in the thread and don't recall seeing anything like that.

A member of what though. Her "RCIRA" can hardly be seen to be synonymous with the other "IRA's".

If it were, anyone could say they were in the IRA and go around shooting people, and then claim it was political.

This Limerick gang were just that, a gang.
    There is no one IRA, and yes if I made up my own group called "IWF's IRA" then went around shooting people in the name of the republican movement then yes, those deaths would be political. Providing I could justify how their deaths further my goal of a UI. They don't even have to make sense. I could be bad **** crazy but as long as politics motivates me then it follows the killings were still politically motivated.

Look. the individual in question was already accepted on the E3 landing in Portlaoise. He was then expelled when his criminal background emerged.

That, and he has been charged with IRA membership in the company with 7 others.

There is no point denying it. Criminal elements can get involved with the IRA. But that should not necessarilly be a reflection on the broader organisation.
    Or it could be this criminal was NOT a member of the IRA.
    He hasn't been convicted of IRA membership.
    Nor has any of the 8.
    Within hours of their arrest, it was described as a "sting" operation by the Indo.
    They were arrested in a Commercial premise, in which some time later a gun was found.
    The gun may have belonged to just ONE of them, and the other 7 innocent.
    It may even have been planted later by the Gardai.
    Had you wandered in off the street to this public premise, you'd have been charged as well.
    This would be laughed out of most Western Courts.

Nodin wrote: »
    What posters would those be? I think I'm familiar with all the posts in the thread and don't recall seeing anything like that.
    Seems, perspective tense. As in my perspective having read over the other posts in this thread. It's pointless pointing posts out to you because your perspective will be different and we will end up in a circular argument. The number of circular arguments you and I have engaged in must easily be in double figures by now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Whilst they are shooting each other rejoice, rejoice.

There is no one IRA, and yes if I made up my own group called "IWF's IRA" then went around shooting people in the name of the republican movement then yes, those deaths would be political. Providing I could justify how their deaths further my goal of a UI. They don't even have to make sense. I could be bad **** crazy but as long as politics motivates me then it follows the killings were still politically motivated.

But perhaps politics did not motivate her. Rather, that she just adopted a socio-historical identity label. What she was, perhaps, was someone involved in an Irish ganglike 'socio-identity' group like we see in the US. Where black gangs have elements of a socio-historical identity, but in practice are just drug pushers and a criminal underclass. Different labels, different slogans, different tattoos. But the same social phenomenon.

A very different phenomenon than with a guerrilla army.

Or it could be this criminal was NOT a member of the IRA.
    He hasn't been convicted of IRA membership.
    Nor has any of the 8.
    Within hours of their arrest, it was described as a "sting" operation by the Indo.
    They were arrested in a Commercial premise, in which some time later a gun was found.
    The gun may have belonged to just ONE of them, and the other 7 innocent.
    It may even have been planted later by the Gardai.
    Had you wandered in off the street to this public premise, you'd have been charged as well.
    This would be laughed out of most Western Courts.

Yes this is all possible. And of course he has not been convicted. But he has been charged.

And it wont look good that he was arrested whilst in the company of, or involved with, the others.

But perhaps politics did not motivate her. Rather, that she just adopted a socio-historical identity label. What she was, perhaps, was someone involved in an Irish ganglike 'socio-identity' group like we see in the US. Where black gangs have elements of a socio-historical identity, but in practice are just drug pushers and a criminal underclass. Different labels, different slogans, different tattoos. But the same social phenomenon.

A very different phenomenon than with a guerrilla army.
    Gangs in the US don't tend to have 50 year old women as members. Her involvement would imply a more centralised, organised group indicative of the IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seems, perspective tense. As in my perspective having read over the other posts in this thread. It's pointless pointing posts out to you because your perspective will be different and we will end up in a circular argument. The number of circular arguments you and I have engaged in must easily be in double figures by now.

Well as I'm hostile to the dissident movment, I'd imagine I'd have no problem seeing such. Evidently theres more to your perspective than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gangs in the US don't tend to have 50 year old women as members. Her involvement would imply a more centralised, organised group indicative of the IRA.

So sexist and ageist... you should be ashamed of yourself :pac:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/women-run-daytoday-criminal-business-of-leading-drugs-gangs-28954821.html

Excuse me? Where was my post sexist or ageist? As for your link I said indicative I didn't say if was total proof.

Well you may have cultural variations which may explain why a 50yo woman was involved. Certainly you would have 50yo men involved in the US if they dont get shot or locked up.

What I am saying is that it would seem possible that criminal gangs may adopt socio-historical identities. And that, from this, there has to be a point by which we distinguish between gangs with a socio-historical identity and actual politically motivated guerrilla groups.

Her group were the former, I suspect. Or at least are something of a transitionary hybrid between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Excuse me? Where was my post sexist or ageist? As for your link I said indicative I didn't say if was total proof.

I wasn't being wholly serious.. but you'd be naive to think that women don't play an integral (although usually more hidden) role in gangland criminal activity, dissident or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Not a single Republican is in jail for dealing drugs.
    There are scores of articles where Republican groups have destroyed or handed over tens of thousands of euros in drugs.
    Counter their politics by all means, but don't just parrot propaganda and misinformation.
    I come from a strong Republican area in the North and I know nobody who believes any of the IRA's deal in drugs or tax dealers either.
    Over 200 hundred dealers have been forced from Derry alone. Why force them out if it's alleged they are making millions from taxing dealers.
    It's all lies.

what about this lad?

http://www.herald.ie/news/ira-kicks-heroin-dealer-off-its-landing-in-prison-29176395.html

in case somebody argues that he hasn't been convicted (yet!) - why was he allowed on the republican wing in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Not a single Republican is in jail for dealing drugs.
    That doesn't mean they don't sell drugs. Down south they were always associated with bringing drugs into the country.

Why force them out if it's alleged they are making millions from taxing dealers.
    Because with all the other drug dealers gone they have the run of the place. It's drug gang rule number one, destroy the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

ScumLord wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they don't sell drugs. Down south they were always associated with bringing drugs into the country.

Because with all the other drug dealers gone they have the run of the place. It's drug gang rule number one, destroy the competition.

I never heard about them bringing drugs into the country,where can I read about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

The actions of this Woman have as little to do with Republicanism as the actions of Michael Stone and Lenny Murphy have to do with Unionism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

realies wrote: »
    Ok I get the ICA :D

This woman was the wife of the leader of the continuity IRA in limerick who himself is now locked up, AFAIK the shooting was connected to different factions between the CIRA,open to correction on this.

I think it was his daughter not his wife. Either or, a complete joke.

what about this lad?

http://www.herald.ie/news/ira-kicks-heroin-dealer-off-its-landing-in-prison-29176395.html

in case somebody argues that he hasn't been convicted (yet!) - why was he allowed on the republican wing in the first place?

First, that was a past conviction.
    Secondly, it's unlikely he was or is an IRA member (he was simply in a commercial building when the gun was found.)
    Third. The Authorities put him in the IRA landing.
    Fourth. The IRA kicked him out.
    Fifth. This was a sting operation. One of the 8 may well be an agent provocateur...who may have planted the gun and lured others into the building in order to be framed.
    Sixth. Gardai are corrupt to high heavens and this one stinks.

• Advertisement

I never heard about them bringing drugs into the country,where can I read about this?
    Yes, where can we read about this?
    For the Internation Monitoring Commission (which incorporates MI5, Garda intel, CIA and Interpol) have never alleged Republicans of drug dealing.
    The people bringing in drugs to Ireland tend to be FG/FF voters, pillars of society, members of the local golf club/Rotary Club who own yachts off Spain, private jets and multiple homes in Ireland.
    IRA members tend to live in council estates with no visible signs of wealth.

According to the Omagh Civil Case, the RIRA leadership were personally penniless and eligable for free legal aid.

CAB have never investigated a single member of any dissident group.

Yes, where can we read about this?
    For the Internation Monitoring Commission (which incorporates MI5, Garda intel, CIA and Interpol) have never alleged Republicans of drug dealing.
    The people bringing in drugs to Ireland tend to be FG/FF voters, pillars of society, members of the local golf club/Rotary Club who own yachts off Spain, private jets and multiple homes in Ireland.
    IRA members tend to live in council estates with no visible signs of wealth.

According to the Omagh Civil Case, the RIRA leadership were personally penniless and eligable for free legal aid.

CAB have never investigated a single member of any dissident group.

Ah but you see the herald and Sunday world mixed in with a bit of garda whispers,is the gospel nowadays.

Paul Williams is the peoples source....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Ah but you see the herald and Sunday world mixed in with a bit of garda whispers,is the gospel nowadays.

Paul Williams is the peoples source....

Fastest researcher on boards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

They have, however, alleged the IRA were connected international drug trafficking.

In the 90s US drug trafficker (Robert Flint) was hired by the Provos to transport cocaine to Iran to be exchanged for weapons which would be trafficked back into Ireland.

So while they never directly touch the drugs they do get involved in trafficking and supply when it suits.

Article; The IRA and the Colombian Connection

Edit - Corrections and link

Seachmall wrote: »
    They have, however, alleged the IRA were connected international drug trafficking.

In the 90s US drug trafficker (Robert Flint) was hired by the Provos to transport cocaine to Iran to be exchanged for weapons which would be trafficked back into Ireland.

So while they never directly touch the drugs they do get involved in trafficking and supply when it suits.

Article; The IRA and the Colombian Connection

Edit - Corrections and link

From your very own link,
    "The IRA had nothing to do with the cocaine. If you know anything about the IRA, they want nothing to do with drugs." Robert Flint.

The dissidents would have a similar attitude to drugs. Slightly right to the Taliban when it comes to drug dealers.

• Advertisement

From your very own link,
    "The IRA had nothing to do with the cocaine. If you know anything about the IRA, they want nothing to do with drugs." Robert Flint.

They never touched the stuff, but they were happy to profit from it and train those directly involved in it's production.

And there's also this bit,
    Although very few IRA members are directly involved in drug dealing in Northern Ireland, RUC and Army intelligence officers state that the organisation "licenses" drug dealers in nationalist areas and takes a portion of their profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnny Tillotson

Nodin wrote: »
    No, I was pointing out the nature and intent of the thread -

REPUBLICANS!!!!! *poke with stick, *poke with stick

EVIL REPUBLICANS!!!!!! *poke with stick *kick *attempt to provoke

Would this be anything like the nature and intent of the immigration threads which occasionally crop up on boards, which you more often than not partake in -

RACISTS!!!!! *poke with stick, *poke with stick

EVIL RACISTS!!!!!! *poke with stick *kick *attempt to provoke

They never touched the stuff, but they were happy to profit from it and train those directly involved in it's production.

And there's also this bit,

RUC and British Army intelligence officers???
    Really?
    You don't think they might have an agenda or vested interest in disinformation.
    From the people who gave us "WMD".

Dealing in drugs or profiteering in drugs is punishable by death.
    Thats what the IRA do to their own members who try to engage in this activity.
    Of the 200 dealers kicked out of Derry, not a single one mentioned that they were "taxed" by Republicans.
    Never mind the ridiculous notion that the IRA "train" druggies.

RUC and British Army intelligence officers???
    Really?
    You don't think they might have an agenda or vested interest in disinformation.

OK, so the claim that nobody has accused the IRA of drug related activity is true as long as we don't take the opinion of the investigative services into account.

Sounds reasonable.

OK, so the claim that nobody has accused the IRA of drug related activity is true as long as we don't take the opinion of the investigative services into account.

Sounds reasonable.

They are pretty accurate in all fairness,they got it bang on with Iraq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

OP you're an idiot.
    The man is a victim of a violent woman who claims to be a republican, not of violent republicanism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Would this be anything like the nature and intent of the immigration threads which occasionally crop up on boards, which you more often than not partake in -

RACISTS!!!!! *poke with stick, *poke with stick

EVIL RACISTS!!!!!! *poke with stick *kick *attempt to provoke

Can't keep away, can you? Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

carolmarx wrote: »
    OP you're an idiot.
    The man is a victim of a violent woman who claims to be a republican, not of violent republicanism.

Yet to see the organisation she claims to be a member of distance itself from her

They are pretty accurate in all fairness,they got it bang on with Iraq.

I'm glad you concede.

And to bring it to a complete circle lets go back to the first quote,

Really?

The [INLA] is heavily involved in criminality, especially drugs

- Source
    CIRA members continue to be involved in a large range of other serious criminal activity, including drug dealing

- Source
    [INLA] remained involved in organised crime, including drugs
    - Source
    We believe that [RIRA] members robbed a public house in March and that they have obtained protection money from local drug dealers
    - Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then this woman is proud to have killed an innocent man.

In the name of what exactly?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    So then this woman is proud to have killed an innocent man.

In the name of what exactly?

There is a lot more to this story,she isn't a member of any group.

Edit-just heard on radio she was a member of rcira or whatever their calling themselves,seems it was retaliation for another murder,madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

IRA ah a great bunch of lads.

Able to blow up and shoot their own in the name of Ireland.

If there is a hell I hope they get what is coming to every single one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The IRA seem to work like a corporation, the terrorists themselves are the employees and Drug dealers are their contract workers. So none of the employees are involved in drugs, but they are happy to take a portion of the profits from nasty dealers under the cover of being anti drugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

IRA ah a great bunch of lads.

Able to blow up and shoot their own in the name of Ireland.

If there is a hell I hope they get what is coming to every single one of them.

I'm no apologist for the IRA but they don't actually exist anymore. What you have now are fringe groups, random die hards and extremists who are not part of the peace process and don't want to be.

The dizzies have very little support for their "campaigns" and rightly so.

Sounds reasonable.
    To appease Unionists, the British set up the International Monitoring Commision (with intel from ALL the foreign and domestic spy agencies) to deliver annual reports on "paramilitary" groups.
    Show me one report that states Republicans are dealing in drugs or profiteering from drugs.
    Obviously, certain elements of the spying community are going to feed misinformation to friendly journalists as part of the "War for Hearts and Minds".
    This happens in all conflicts.

To appease Unionists, the British set up the International Monitoring Commision (with intel from ALL the foreign and domestic spy agencies) to deliver annual reports on "paramilitary" groups.
    Show me one report that states Republicans are dealing in drugs or profiteering from drugs.
    Obviously, certain elements of the spying community are going to feed misinformation to friendly journalists as part of the "War for Hearts and Minds".
    This happens in all conflicts.

^^ 6 posts up. ^^

The IRA seem to work like a corporation, the terrorists themselves are the employees and Drug dealers are their contract workers. So none of the employees are involved in drugs, but they are happy to take a portion of the profits from nasty dealers under the cover of being anti drugs.

Take some time out to familiarise yourself with the topic first.
    Here's an Australian documentary on the matter.
    Something we are deprived of in Ireland. ...an impartial, insightful and fair report.
    Interviews with anti drugs activists, drug dealers, and local police.
    The Drug Dealers (hundreds of individuals) mention nothing of these allegations of "taxes or bribes".
    The police mention nothing of the allegations made by the likes of Paul Williams or Tom Brady etc.
    The police and dealers clearly state that it's a matter of the IRA trying to combat the drug problems in their areas.
    Incidentally, it's the community itself who demand the IRA take action against drug dealers.
    Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIr2rVaQaI

Press Release/Preas Ráiteas

Clarification from Republican Sinn Féin

Some of todays newspapers (April 10) carried reports that Joe Lynch, Limerick, father of Rose Lynch, is a member of Republican Sinn Féin.

Neither Joe Lynch or his daughter are members of Republican Sinn Fein, nor have they been since April 2010 when they were expelled. He is part of a group usurping the name of Republican Sinn Féin to cover their nefarious activities.

ENDS

https://lists.riseup...4/msg00001.html

Still will make no difference to the family who lost a loved one.These wannabe groups who are in it for personal gain and destroying republicanism should pack up and go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

This scumbag and her father were thrown out of RSF for being criminal scumbags which says a lot

• Advertisement

GRMA wrote: »
    This scumbag and her father were thrown out of RSF for being criminal scumbags which says a lot

ye and hearing she is getting treatment for mental issues.

That limerick crew are destroying republicanism,wish they would give it up.

Advertisement