Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed prior to travelling!

Options
  • 09-04-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey guys.. k heres the deal myself and my fella are thinkin of going to Canada, we have a house in Ireland which we are going to rent out. but we have no family around , so im worrying what to do with our household items?! ... anyone any ideas .. we will probably be going for a year or 2 .. so we will be leaving our car here also. any advice on this ????? ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Rent a storage unit if you have no-one else to store your things while you're away. Some places store cars as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frazzlecase

Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bluejay01

Will you not rent out your house furnished?

Storage units will cost a fortune over the course of a year or 2and why not just sell your car and use the money for set up costs in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frazzlecase

We don't have much furniture but I was thinking more on the lines of personal items ... u know like vases and memorabilia that we wont be bringing with us!! ... as for the car .. well 2 cars we have them for almost 20 years so we are keeping them for vintage!!!!!

Advertisement