Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Hobbs.. Energise?????

• 09-04-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I noticed a big add on the business post for Eddie Hobbs looking for anyone with €500000 or so to invest to give it to him and sit back and let him make money for you. So before i post off the cheque;) I dug out my copy of Energise to see what it cost me NOT to take his reckonamadations in that book. "How to survive in and prosper in the age of scarcity" is the tag line.

This is not in any way a thourough analysis, its just a quick look. It was writen around 2010 so i looked at his picks on 1/1/10 and checked todays price. The S&P is up from 1150 to 1564. the NY Index 100 is up from 56 to 73. the NASDAQ 100 is up from 1850 to 2787. most of his picks are from the US. I checked 56 of his picks. 6 were around even:o. 12 were up:cool:. 38 were down:eek:. Some of the down were almost total wipe outs.

Thank God the wife forgot to post that cheque.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭whippet

sure jump on board either one of his Property Portfolios which he was pimping for a couple of years .... Cape Verde? Anyone? Ryanair would be flying 8 or 9 times a day as so many irish would have 'gaffs' out there. Whole towns would be renamed as Little Birr and Little Monasterevin ....... the guy has very little credibility; in the same league of Brendan 'Fill your boots with AIB shares' Burgess ... but both are wheeled out on RTE / Newstalk / Today FM regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

lucky john wrote: »
    I noticed a big add on the business post for Eddie Hobbs looking for anyone with €500000 or so to invest to give it to him and sit back and let him make money for you. So before i post off the cheque;) I dug out my copy of Energise to see what it cost me NOT to take his reckonamadations in that book. "How to survive in and prosper in the age of scarcity" is the tag line.

This is not in any way a thourough analysis, its just a quick look. It was writen around 2010 so i looked at his picks on 1/1/10 and checked todays price. The S&P is up from 1150 to 1564. the NY Index 100 is up from 56 to 73. the NASDAQ 100 is up from 1850 to 2787. most of his picks are from the US. I checked 56 of his picks. 6 were around even:o. 12 were up:cool:. 38 were down:eek:. Some of the down were almost total wipe outs.

Thank God the wife forgot to post that cheque.

That's over 3 yrs ago,i presume he was going to trade and not just buy and never sell again no matter how low they go (caus the bank manager said they'll go back up next week/month/year ) ,a tactic used by all the poor fools who are now crying into their porridge about loosing all their money by buying bank shares,if you don't know what your doing,put all your eggs in one basket(unless your Buffet) and set no stop loss,sooner or later your going to be raped.
    Fools............................................................Money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Stay well clear of Eddie Hobbs and his crap. He has a very poor reputation.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Eddie Hobbs lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

whippet wrote: »
    sure jump on board either one of his Property Portfolios which he was pimping for a couple of years .... Cape Verde? Anyone? Ryanair would be flying 8 or 9 times a day as so many irish would have 'gaffs' out there. Whole towns would be renamed as Little Birr and Little Monasterevin ....... the guy has very little credibility; in the same league of Brendan 'Fill your boots with AIB shares' Burgess ... but both are wheeled out on RTE / Newstalk / Today FM regularly.

He's been ridin' for years and its obvious someone in RTE thinks he's a good rider!!

Haven't seen his best selling publication for ages? Another classic?

I'm waiting for his next bandwagon, what to watch when buying frozen burgers? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭whippet

He's been ridin' for years and its obvious someone in RTE thinks he's a good rider!!

Haven't seen his best selling publication for ages? Another classic?

I'm waiting for his next bandwagon, what to watch when buying frozen burgers? :D

actually .. he had a nice corner ad in the Business Post yesterday ... Ask Eddie ... all about investing in US Property !!! Single handedly he will rebuild Detroit and turn it in to a new commuter town, he just needs loads of your cash to do it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

whippet wrote: »
    actually .. he had a nice corner ad in the Business Post yesterday ... Ask Eddie ... all about investing in US Property !!! Single handedly he will rebuild Detroit and turn it in to a new commuter town, he just needs loads of your cash to do it !!

I haven't read the SBP in 5 years or more but I can imagine the ad, Irish Leprechaun with a Crock of **** Gold.

What a langer!

Advertisement