Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change LTD company name

Options
  • 09-04-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

A regular Limited company; we'd like to change the official company name.

Anyone experience of this? How much does it cost, is it time-consuming, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Changing a company name is a very simple task, requires a special resolution of the company and amending of the company's memo and articles of association to be filed in the CRO.

Provided all relevant information is available I would expect €150 plus vat (plus outlay) to be in the ballpark figure.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

you will need to amend the original Memorandum and Articles of Association for the Limited Company to include the new name.
    Have a special resolution passed by the Board of Directors of the Limited Company.
    Change the Company Seal and Company Register if you have one.
    The CRO will issue you a new Certificate of Incorporation with new name change.

It will take about 10 days for the changes to take effect and shouldnt cost you more than €150 but that depends on who you use as prices can go from €150.00 up to €245.00

Get a price of the crowd who originaly set up the company as all they will have to do is change three lines on the AOA & MOM and prepare the rosulation.
    Pm me if you need anymore help

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You could ask DeVore about the story of and paperwork for getting boards.ie, though capefear probably has it covered.
    Ironically, Murphy would never have founded Boards.ie if he hadn’t won a bet with his friend John Breslin. Breslin had been trying to register his nickname ‘Cloud’ as a domain with IE Domain Registry (IEDR). However, at the time, IEDR policy prevented the registration of generic terms. At around the same time, Breslin and Murphy had been discussing setting up a public bulletin board system similar to the one they had set up based around the Quake computer game. After his experiences with the IEDR, Breslin was not confident that the chosen name could be registered. “So I made him a bet,” says Murphy. “If I secured the domain name, would he build the site? And he agreed. Murphy then proceeded to change the name of his company from Spin Solutions to Boards for one day, gathered all the paperwork and submitted it, and was granted rights to the domain. “True to his word, John put the site together,” says Murphy.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080222135825/http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single4427

Advertisement