Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC Course help

• 09-04-2013 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi. I wish to do a PLC course and it asks for the following:

''Students will be expected to have passed at least 5 ordinary Leaving Certificate subjects with a C3 grade or higher in Mathematics and a D3 grade or higher in English; or Leaving Certificate Applied Examinations (Distinction Level) or equivalent.''

I do:

English (HL)
    Irish (FL)
    French (OL)
    Business (OL)
    Chemistry (OL)
    Biology (HL)
    Maths (OL)

However I keep failing maths and wish to do Foundation. Will I be able to get in?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's looking for at least a C3 grade in Ordinary Level, so Foundation Level, even an A would not be enough.
    There must be a certain amount of Maths in the course that they specify people need at least that level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

spurious wrote: »
    It's looking for at least a C3 grade in Ordinary Level, so Foundation Level, even an A would not be enough.
    There must be a certain amount of Maths in the course that they specify people need at least that level.

Damn it so I'm stuck. Thank you anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wouldn't let that stop you from applying.
    You never know what might happen in the exam. If there is an interview, you could stress how you would be willing to do extra Maths classes etc..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

spurious wrote: »
    I wouldn't let that stop you from applying.
    You never know what might happen in the exam. If there is an interview, you could stress how you would be willing to do extra Maths classes etc..

Thank you very much. You are always a helpful member.

Advertisement