Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA and DRM question

Options
  • 09-04-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Have just bought the Mass Effect trilogy set to play it all through and am wondering just how intrusive is DRM /Securom and is it possible/legal to remove it from my computer without damaging my gaming experience.Also if I uninstall the game will the drm be removed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

if I uninstall the game will the drm be removed

No, like any other piece of spy/malware, SecuROM will not be removed simply by uninstalling the program which infected your system in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

so can it ever be removed at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Oh, it can be removed. You'll find instructions online. SecuROM also offer a "removal tool" but how far they can be trusted is a different matter. I mean, you wouldn't task a robber who broke into your house with the installation of an alarm system, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

just how intrusive is the program on my computer ie how does it effect my computer asides from the mass effect game also is it dangerous in terms of damaging my computer

Advertisement