Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stuck in neighbours basement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

shane9689 wrote: »
    well amongst the chaos of moving in over the week my hamster escaped. i chased it into their shed but couldnt find it. they found me standing in the shed and didnt realise i was their new neighbour, it lead to alot of confusion and they almost called the gardí :/ they arent the nicest of neighbours, but id like to get along with them since i just moved in. showing up in their basement wont look very good!
    Chasing your hamster into their shed still doesn't explain what you are doing in their basement?!!
    Now if they are not the nicest neighbours would you not maybe taken a moment to think logically about this and maybe then you might Have decided not to break into their house??:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

to be fully honest, i dont think i should be in their basement in the first place :S

id prefer not say too much incase they find this forum! but it really is just a misunderstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

You live in a semi detached Georgian house ?

yes! theyre leaving in an hour, i heard them shouting. sound serious, but i dont care, freedom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Just tell them that you get severe vertigo and had to go to the lowest place you could find. Then mention that they have a beautiful basement and stroll off into the sunshine with your head held high. (But not too high - 'cause of the vertigo and all.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

to be fully honest, i dont think i should be in their basement in the first place :S

id prefer not say too much incase they find this forum! but it really is just a misunderstanding

If they find you, you will have to explain that to the gardai and probably catch a charge of breaking and entering.

Notify your neighbours that you are in their home, explain, apologise profusely and stay out of their way for the foreseeable future.

You said that there is a washing machine down there - what if they go down to put on a wash?

Bite the bullet, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

cant find any rope...theres some tools and a washing machine though...

but in all seriousness, im not sure i want to go back upstairs. theres usually only a middle-aged couple here, but it sounds like theres more than the usualy around tonight :l

it would seriously not look good if they found me, as ive been trying to give a good impression all week. i need help!

they could be hosting a swingers party tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If they find you, you will have to explain that to the gardai and probably catch a charge of breaking and entering.

Notify your neighbours that you are in their home, explain, apologise profusely and stay out of their way for the foreseeable future.

You said that there is a washing machine down there - what if they go down to put on a wash?

Bite the bullet, buddy.

If this guys serious, I don't think a little apology is going to cut it! " Terribly sorry, I guess I thought it was my basement, but apparently not, silly misunderstanding, toodle doo. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

yes! theyre leaving in an hour, i heard them shouting. sound serious, but i dont care, freedom!

Ye they're having a row. Husband is probably pissed off and angry now and going down to the basement to cool off

• Advertisement

Why did you break in to your neighbours house ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

OP, have you not ever watched McGyver? try to download an episode you will be sorted in no time.

In the OP you said you climbed in to the basement, now the window is too high up, which is it ?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Okay everybody, grab your gun and git down your basement. There's gonna be a lynchin tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

OP, what if they prime the burglar alarm before they head out for the evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Bate yourself over the head with the hammer then rip up your clothes and lie down somewhere.
    Then when they find you they'll think you were assaulted and thrown down there.
    For extra sympathy make sure they find you with your pants pulled down and your arse in the air, they'll think you were raped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

How is it a misunderstanding? You obviously shouldn't be in their basement full stop. Did you just pop in to leech their wi-fi?

If you were so concerned about what they thought then I don't think you would've done whatever it is you were doing in the first place.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

who the hell has a basement in Ireland?
    second of all why would you go there to steal wifi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

chasmcb wrote: »
    OP, what if they prime the burglar alarm before they head out for the evening?
    He could escape through the holes in his story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

You've already told us that you moved in a week ago, next to a middle aged couple who live in a house with a basement, who found you in their shed after you lost your hamster, who are now having a bit of an argument upstairs while about to go out to something at about 8. Exactly how many people do you think will fit that description if your neighbor finds this forum?

If they were still a little bit unsure they could click through to the website in your sig, and see your picture as well as your full name

The only bit you seem unwilling to divulge is the misunderstanding that made you end up in the basement in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lies.

All lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

stuck in neighbours basement, :confused:

cant alert anyone, otherwise theyll know i climbed in. im using their wi-fi at the moment, could really use some help

ideas for escape?

How did you get their wi-fi password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Sorry op, but you're shagged, in every sense of the word.
    They'll have you in a gimp mask by morning. You are now the sex slave of two pensioners.

ps: We would appreciate pics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Have you considered looking for them on boards and then inviting to the local dogging spot

That gives you a 30min window at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

get a wheelchair,start a facebook campaign saying you are the victim here!
    sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

While your running out the door, could you take a quick peek at their wireless router?

If you can get signal in there basement id to get me one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Law now allows homeowners to use force, up to and including lethal force.

Moments silence for the OP please.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MadsL wrote: »
    Law now allows homeowners to use force, up to and including lethal force.

Moments silence for the OP please.

RIP.

Lik if u cryd xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sorry to say man.

But if all this really is true you are..well... a bit of an eejit to say the least :P

i see from another post that you were looking for a boat.
    looks like you'll be needing it sooner than you thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

There has to be a way. How about a mass?

OP do tell us if you make it alive and how many other bodies are down their with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Run in to them and shout

"Troll, in the dungeon!"
    and fall flat on your face.

Hopefully they'll see the funny side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tell the truth now OP,you're a criminal aren't you? Are you a burglar or a sex offender? There is no party,they know that you are hiding in their basement and they're toying with you. She's upstairs laying out her naughtiest knickers on the bed for a tumble later on after he's beaten you to a pulp and he's following this thread to keep track of your movements.

There is no hamster,never was op,was there? The guards won't buy that excuse. Your neighbours are waiting on some of their friends to arrive to help them give you a serious hiding. On the plus side, when you're in jail someone might introduce you to a hamster, although you might not like where they want to put it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

[QUOTE=kinkygirl;84065492]Sorry op, but you're shagged, in every sense of the word.
    They'll have you in a gimp mask by morning. You are now the sex slave of two pensioners.

ps: We would appreciate pics.[/QUOTE]

I just chose to highlight some significant words along with your apt username.
    All we need now is some Pulp Fiction music.

https://www.google.ie/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZitvI9TfQnw2DHiDh4LZoBxUSa4EJL-xL2FSdvIwGEktDNkQFf2eO1a0o9VbRAWp5fkFc0KCYjdQ0hof7ioUQj850ucuw_1cdKgnGIM0V0QUeu7AdWUOCspby9QWh_1xtB8eCODnCLSP8ltUN-0OxXUTdCRAeeZD5pUC9j_13XsnEzr5DRkwbcr3ZBungokxbaoO4oFYgLSdsDgMPEDAvJCh-o6ktEB5fxlY7tWwCxcFLZIO5vuHsWq_1_1FrrhwKCq0M6Eyga7JXbKZsSC73P-AxmTOgx4nq-jOy7ik87DMmugwz4U3F53nmFtTclgfsRYIAwVUl6vpZdRNzTjMKoOnXzhC_1eshfe9XvQfXFYNnp1cHdZ7vyesSUYC-8KPvmVmV16wvpcnoawxLJfFb9Fd--gdvTDQEtq6hwCkEj0GwApEnCdjSyFSM0uTMhBezgQmm94fzKgbg5BKMSFq4VVfWFN_1Oh6NpT4UMCJXnpiMpVa9U8a6zgHtJJ_1LhKyj7ESLf6oqyQ5MtmtaDVStWE3OCt6bDrFB0ZnJZYd45UU1G0w8SzetFw_1K0XsydSANa1QLb61eEIWC7MIM4jJRvjz0dM6MFyGb6MCppTzMl4FccIgI6BZgKLEA0VnpGwwmLkAHEoX2gGc0adWf5bjXlRac-L1RmInb3LYQ2sil3VmjITx9FFt_1_1Y-gJd62afsyievH_1d_1tW2y7Nc3owXVSxtkpohvrPpL-2n4BKlK9ZVDYERFekYYgLJOsSMGeIgJPmeo0cBleCNWlu0FLqsWIkjYbq0DRkaaK7TczPAd1g_1mjGXziBsS5SuP1r7du8X9guXnkD_1KxP-1i5OUdT3KXs4Br9JeJWoWqUL0b2xJ6rMEPxRYMh47yUu539ROc8xPkyUEipWh0HuZrZIxwFaBiXhTRdCbdYPA_1urEdND8BWGre9K09X0fux0tda_1JGbCXFrO4D_1sVkei7xmpnjFPEHOM8y_1eiLnITtpPEErF_1kjcWewMAgzY9CckYhR0WRJCWqonziD-WUO2X5aEYNA3DNnSkRlfQVxPHzKAa5cTomqK8UYdWShJBER-IrkfGg7bHw9Uwxbwyfgzs-bVD4w6qnN2GKtFDzMQYq3Te5B4ZA1eymMseyADulmbvXitH84R6L1lHyLw30GcujtnFXCjDH4KyQyKzPNElavryyAB4dkUd_1R22W_163HDSpLHNy_1YH0QYlttkZuAl2Djc9gRZgpY1nTBVO1B57kdIMa2hxb4QAfPEApV62e8ghUMY&btnG=Search%20by%20image&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=800&bih=485&authuser=0#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Give us pictures of the window and washing machine and any underwear for proof, you will have to run the same tests as the safe guy to fool us again. We wont be waiting 5 days for you to get your lazy ass out of there this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dan dan

Hide yourself behind something and wait. Hours on end if necessary.
    If you are discovered. rock continiously back and forth but SPEAK NOT A WORD. Later ,much later. slowly divulge to police you were walking outside,you do`nt know why. Dazzling bright light over you. Nothing until this dark place. Then you ask the unending questions Where am I? Someones basement? how did I get here? Who did this?WHAT did this? WHY? WHY? WHY/.
    Slowly days later you get (better).But you still ask questions. You appear very wary of the neighbours,as you suspect them of being somehow complicite in your ordeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Tabloid headline tomorrow

"Shane9689 ATE my Hampster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

if you can find an apple, cut it in half. then you will have two halves.
    two halves make a whole.
    climb out through the hole and the you're outside.
    then scream until your voice goes horse.
    get on the horse and ride to freedom :)

theyre gone, but have locked the doors in the house and now its getting dark... :l

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

theyre gone, but have locked the doors in the house and now its getting dark... :l

We need proof. give us a picture and we will believe you. You have been off danger **** for the last hour and a half and we have seen nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Find a ladder / stand on a chair to reach the window then prepare a good story for the guards. I wouldn't worry too much about fingerprints because I'd imagine the first person your neighbours will think of is "shed guy" so you're pretty fukd anyway :)

i figure if i can pick the door ill be fine, anyone know how to access this kind of lock?door lock

Brilliant!!!
    I want an exciting ending to this!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

i figure if i can pick the door ill be fine, anyone know how to access this kind of lock?door lock

Not too sure. But in a few hours time you can try and pick this - http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/10/1257862742284/A-prison-cell-door-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Yes, but that's not a door lock.

Anyway, the only possible means of escape is to throw the washing machine through the window, then climb up the dangling hose pipe to freedom, using the electric cable as a safety harness.

• Advertisement

seriously guys! now i have a bag of wet clothes no light and its getting cold. not sure if i can wait this out any longer, ideas please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I once lost the key to my deskdrawer and used hairclips to make a homemade lockpick. It's not that hard. Also there maybe spare keys somewhere in the house.

Look up homemade lockpicks on youtube. See if that helps.

Are the windows locked? How'd you get in if they weren't home earlier?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Uh, call a friend... I don't know why you haven't done so already. They can, in theory, reach in and pull you up?

Rocket science???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Is it the door to the basement that is locked or just the outer doors of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement