Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my website

Options
  • 09-04-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have my own muay thai website just for the club to get more out there but i run it all off of free services like 000webhosting and dot TK and so if i was to pay for 000webhosting and then make my own domain would that be ok and i wouldnt have to change anything cuz i dont want to have change it becuase i dnt want to go though all the effort of re designig and writing everything up again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

LukeyKid wrote: »
    I have my own muay thai website just for the club to get more out there but i run it all off of free services like 000webhosting and dot TK and so if i was to pay for 000webhosting and then make my own domain would that be ok and i wouldnt have to change anything cuz i dont want to have change it becuase i dnt want to go though all the effort of re designig and writing everything up again.

Yes you would need to change anything. If you are targeting Irish customers I would recommend using an Irish web host

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Yes you would need to change anything. If you are targeting Irish customers I would recommend using an Irish web host

serious :/ what webhost and is it exspensive ? but by changing host and domain does this mean i have to rebiuld my site from scratch ? :/

No. Most web hosts will move the files for you. If you are looking for a .com it would be around €7 a year and hosting would be €20 a year max.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    No. Most web hosts will move the files for you. If you are looking for a .com it would be around €7 a year and hosting would be €20 a year max.

ohh thats good and not expensive :D thanks for the help do you no any good irish hosting sites ?

There three that I have used in order of preference. There are plenty more out there though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

You don't need to switch hosting... just buy a .ie(preferably) or .com (anywhere) and point the nameservers to 000webhost servers. Copy your sites files over and continue to enjoy your free hosting until such time as your site becomes busy.

PS: talking about hosting providers, I believe is not allowed on boards.ie

OneIdea wrote: »
    You don't need to switch hosting... just buy a .ie(preferably) or .com (anywhere) and point the nameservers to 000webhost servers. Copy your sites files over and continue to enjoy your free hosting until such time as your site becomes busy.

PS: talking about hosting providers, I believe is not allowed on boards.ie

Ha thanks man i sorted it all out :) thanks for the help and yeah i just found that out :/

Advertisement