Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

snubbleste wrote: »
    She'd have been put into a magdalene laundry and have to give up her baby ?

She had a boyfriend who helped her..so probably not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You'd swear she was barren after the termination. You wouldn't think from listening to her that she has 3 grown up healthy kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why do you want to go down this, Ruth.. I mean go down this route, Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

She made the wrong choice, so she's blaming the fact she had a choice for making the wrong one. Hmm. Does she have sky sports?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She appears to be more intelligent than Joe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

Presumably, for balance sake, Joe will now have a half hour conversation with a woman who has never regretted having an abortion?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wonder will Joe now have someone on who had an abortion and doesn't feel a terrible loss and has moved on after it. Or a woman for medical reasons who was sent to the UK like a dirty secret to have a termination rather than deliver a dead child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Thanks Mee-Shell.

Everyone..........you can wake up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Lets wait for a suicidal young woman being refused an abortion under this new legislation, who then commits suicide and we have yet another year long debate on whose responsible.

Can the state and the church just get out of the bedroom and mind their own business

Dub. wrote: »
    Presumably, for balance sake, Joe will now have a half hour conversation with a woman who has never regretted having an abortion?

"Best thing I ever did Joe! The pounds fell off, and I got my life back. Id recommend it to anyone Joe"

Yeah I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Dub. wrote: »

- And I'll tell you why I never regretted having one, Joe.
    - Why's that, Mary?
    - Because I never had one, Joe! HAHAHA
    - HAHAHA! Take care, Mary. Foiv wan dubbl foiv wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I wish the government would just grow a pair and legalise abortion once and for all. At least it would put a stop to all this sanctimonious hand-wringing. :mad:

After such a gloomy week on liveline, how can Joe go into the studio tomorrow and listen the shyte coming from Syl, Doc & co

signostic wrote: »
    After such a gloomy week on liveline, how can Joe go into the studio tomorrow and listen the shyte coming from Syl, Doc & co

Apparently he enjoys it. :confused:

So long story short caller did you have the abortion?

Did it with the help of a Catholic priest... Well, I guess seeing as how he was the father it was the least he could do.. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Someone get this one a bottle of benilyn

pc7 wrote: »
    Someone get this one a bottle of benilyn

The American version of our Marzie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why did you pretend to be suicidal, well given the subject matter why do think Joe.

edit: Eh, what ? She lied to get an abortion but yet is not happy we're going to go down that road in Ireland ? She said that didn't she ?

another one who "found" herself pregnant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Well this one clearly has an agenda.

• Advertisement

Another one who was damn glad to be able to get an abortion, but doesn't want anyone else to have the choice.

I smell something fishy.

What's Joe at with this "gatekeeper" crap?

I would be happy enough if the three person panel was Joe Duffy, Doctor Phil and Judge Judy... Record it and put it on the telly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why doesn't Joe confront her about her blatant hypocrisy ?

Oh great! Brek, Eurovisiomooney, Bláníd Ní Chofaigh and dirty pillows coming up on Ireland's flagship station.

Moncreiff here I come...............

Just off the top of my head I know 5 people who've traveled to the UK, rough count 1 it was due to the child not being compatible with life (hate the term but it was thd cold sad truth), 1 due to a genetic disorder, 1 an abusive husband who had 3 children already and couldn't have managed with another, 2 I suppose life style choice? they were young and their contraception didn't work. None of these now women have any issues, 3 went for counseling before and after, the 2 medical cases are very angry that they had to travel for this.
    Ireland wake up its happening!

eta - I probably have more in my circle who have had them also but have never shared their stories (nor should they have too its their business)

Shots fired at ex FF TD... well it's about time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

There's a lot of 'pillow talk' on Mooney recently. They seem to be checking for bugs in pillows for the last 2 weeks.

Is this a new public service? Bring your pillow into rte and they'll debug it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I would be happy enough if the three person panel was Joe Duffy, Doctor Phil and Judge Judy... Record it and put it on the telly..
    ...and if they can't agree the deciding vote goes to Jeremy Kyle :)

• Advertisement

Meathlass wrote: »
    There's a lot of 'pillow talk' on Mooney recently. They seem to be checking for bugs in pillows for the last 2 weeks.

Is this a new public service? Bring your pillow into rte and they'll debug it for you.

Mooney is a bit like Joe in that, whatever he says will be on the show, is what won't appear on the show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement