Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Meathlass wrote: »
    There's a lot of 'pillow talk' on Mooney recently. They seem to be checking for bugs in pillows for the last 2 weeks.

Is this a new public service? Bring your pillow into rte and they'll debug it for you.

At least the wildlife can't ring in to mooney.....it's days like today that they should take one of those ratings polls.... A lot of off button action today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

syklops wrote: »
    Mooney is a bit like Joe in that, whatever he says will be on the show, is what won't appear on the show.

Mooneys "Fairy" tales of rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

gjc wrote: »
    At least the wildlife can't ring in to mooney.....it's days like today that they should take one of those ratings polls.... A lot of off button action today...

I turned it on for 5 mins, thought it was a repeat of yesterdays show. At least funny Friday will cheer us up.....or perhaps not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

At least funny Friday will cheer us up....

wash your mouth out with carbolic soap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

In a strange way, all things considered, I think Joe, Joe, did quite well with the 'debates' this week.

I will attempt to follow the Irish model for dealing with unpleasantness and bury my head in sand in preparation for tomorrow. The thoughts of Doc Savage cracking wise about buying ru486 from Murphy the Pharmacist are too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Loved the liveline reference in this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

^^^^^^^^

:pac::pac::D Excellent Syk.

PS ...is the Duffer really going ahead with an FF today? So few plugs during the week I was hoping he'd forgotten to book the hotel in time.

europa11 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

:pac::pac::D Excellent Syk.

PS ...is the Duffer really going ahead with an FF today? So few plugs during the week I was hoping he'd forgotten to book the hotel in time.

AFAIK, there will be an FF, but it will be in studio not in the Ballydehobb Raddison

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will the Brush make his long awaited comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ah FúCKNUTS.

Was looking forward (it's a relative term in this context) to a dose of "The Lahv Lahn Radio & boards.ie thread combo" today only to find it's a Funny Friday. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Will the Brush make his long awaited comeback?

Or more appropriately perhaps, in Brush's case.....Resurrection :D

Maybe he'll share some more of his visions of light with the crew ;) ....listeners can ring in with their near-death experiences "I stayed tuned to FF until 2:30 Joe, it was weird, I just remember a voice like Syl's saying 'come closer, everything is fine Murphy' and feeling a sense of utter calm........then I saw the bird....and ...South Georgia!...'bout the size of my thumb"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah FúCKNUTS.

Was looking forward (it's a relative term in this context) to a dose of "The Lahv Lahn Radio & boards.ie thread combo" today only to find it's a Funny Friday. :mad:

Me too. It's only the thread that makes the show at all bearable. I'm in north Donegal in an absolute monsoon and getting cabin fever, guess I'll have to find a book to read now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ah FúCKNUTS.

Shouldn't the word Funny in this context be in quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Me too. It's only the thread that makes the show at all bearable. I'm in north Donegal in an absolute monsoon and getting cabin fever, guess I'll have to find a book to read now :mad:

joe-duffy.jpg?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is it ff? is that allowed its May already he missed his last friday of the month, there should be a law!

joe-duffy.jpg?

Or this:

Heidi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

yeahhhhhhh its funny friday. i cant wait

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right I'm going to listen and see how long I can last, anyone with me?

pc7 wrote: »
    Right I'm going to listen and see how long I can last, anyone with me?

Im with you! We can do this!

Im with you! We can do this!

Im starting to weaken....

• Advertisement

Im starting to weaken....
    Sweet suffering Jebus its woeful, I'll give it to the next comedian (using that term very lightly), why is he laughing at his own jokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who is that wheezing old gobshíte?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who is that wheezing old gobshíte?

Joe?

:P

pc7 wrote: »
    Sweet suffering Jebus its woeful, I'll give it to the next comedian (using that term very lightly), why is he laughing at his own jokes!

I can't stand the laughing at their own jokes.

"Theres a few ghost estates around me. The window cleaner goes around with a sander"

:confused:

Can anyone explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Joe doing jokes now.

Fcukin' hell.

I'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Mother of dragons. It is even worse than I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

"Theres a few ghost estates around me. The window cleaner goes around with a sander"

Can anyone explain that?

Windows boarded up I assume.

My side is still splitting.

Can anyone explain that?[/QUOTE

Is it that they are so old and unused that he needs a sander to get the dirt off?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 The Ferrit

THIS SH1TE IS WHAT WE PAY OUR TV LICENSE FOR

A FCUKIN JOKE

• Advertisement

Charlie McCreevey? ffs how long is he out of politics, next they'll have someone doing Dev.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement