Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Damo thought he was still serving out in Palestine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lol.. I didnt know that.... Why the hell did this man think Liveline rang him.. :D:D

withless wrote: »
    Who would bother themselves to invade us?

This fella.

epa_kim_jong_un_speech_nt_130101_wg.jpg

(After learning of the salaries Joe, marzie, Tubs and all the gang are on he wants some :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When some one interesting like William's on they should be allowed to eat into Mooneys show time, there's only so much Eurovision news that one needs.

Mooney visits the Abba Museum :eek:..............bring back WW2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

withless wrote: »
    Who would bother themselves to invade us?

Back in 1945 we were of great strategic importance. If we fell to German control it would mean Britain would be surrounded. The Dublin bombings happened because the German planes got lost, but if they could launch from Ireland they could concentrate their efforts. Also, setting Ireland up as a major naval base they could have interrupted American supply routes. Supply aircraft from the US used to fly over Ireland to get to the UK. A German-controlled Ireland would have meant the aircraft would have to make a detour around the island which would take longer and possibly mean less made it. If Germany had invaded and taken over Ireland in 1945, you and I would probably being speaking German now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

syklops wrote: »
    If Germany had invaded and taken over Ireland in 1945, you and I would probably being speaking German now.

Jesus, Funny Friday in German.... can you imagine? Never thought FF could be any worse, but in German I reckon it would be! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Back in 1945 we were of great strategic importance. If we fell to German control it would mean Britain would be surrounded. The Dublin bombings happened because the German planes got lost, but if they could launch from Ireland they could concentrate their efforts. Also, setting Ireland up as a major naval base they could have interrupted American supply routes. Supply aircraft from the US used to fly over Ireland to get to the UK. A German-controlled Ireland would have meant the aircraft would have to make a detour around the island which would take longer and possibly mean less made it. If Germany had invaded and taken over Ireland in 1945, you and I would probably being speaking German now........so to speak. :rolleyes:

Wonder would Joe's parents have christened him Adolf?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Jesus, Funny Friday in German.... can you imagine?

In a word, no, I can't.

...so to speak :rolleyes:

:confused:

• Advertisement

:confused:

Joe's new catch(all)phrase......have you being paying attention at all?!!!

Joe's new catch(all)phrase......have you being paying attention at all?!!!

Sorry, but Friday was a FF, so I didnt listen in, he wasn't on on Monday, and it was Damo yesterday, so its nearly a week since I actually heard him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Joe will be flooded with desperate Utd supporters.

Sorry, but Friday was a FF, so I didnt listen in, he wasn't on on Monday, and it was Damo yesterday, so its nearly a week since I actually heard him.

I hear you. I've been very good lately, I'm over 3 weeks on the dry without hearing Joe's dulcit tones now. It's funny, my anger and stress levels have decreased significantly in that time as I haven't been subjected to a daily dose of stupidity, entitlement and rabble rousing - and that's just from Joe, nevermind the callers.

In a word, nein, I can't.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Only MU fans need tune in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Only MU fans need tune in today.
    That's me reaching for the "off" button for one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm not so sure.

Joe wouldn't know a football if one landed on his desk.

Now if he can find a way of bringing up the increase in the price of Ryanair flights to Manchester on match days in Old Trafford......

Or maybe we'll get a half hour of chat from a painter and decorator from Ballyfermot who happened to see Fergie driving by one day as he was half way up the ladder.

Perhaps a publican from Ballywherethefuk in the bogs of Offaly will be on to tell Joe how he has discovered that Fergusson's great great great grandmother's step brother's wife's sister was born in the parish before emigrating to Scotland 3 weeks later.

We could be in for a treat from Sister Loyola Agnes Cierán Alphonsis who talks to Joe in the hope that Sir Alex may now take the spiritual path to God now that he has more time on his hands.

Or Joe might spend an entire hour talking to tearful Mary, (not her real name) as she recounts the depression she suffered following United's hammering by Liverpool in Old Trafford in 2009.

Lapin wrote: »

Perhaps a publican from Ballywherethefuk in the bogs of Offaly will be on to tell Joe how he has discovered that Fergusson's great great great grandmother's step brother's wife's sister was born in the parish before emigrating to Scotland 3 weeks later.

I've just heard that this fella won't be talking to Joe.

Mooney has him booked and Brek is on her way to Ballywherethefuk as we speak! ;)

Might be able to sneak a listen today - have we had the preview yet (not that that ever has any relevance to the show of course)?

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    I've just heard that this fella won't be talking to Joe.

Mooney has him booked and Brek is on her way to Ballywherethefuk as we speak! ;)

Why? Is Ferguson a big fan of Eurovision? Or Jedward? :rolleyes:

Dunno, but Mooney and Brek are big fans of all that Irish ancestry bullshít. :cool:

D'Omen won't be able to handle the amount of grieving Man-Uni-red followin' taxi-drivers today. Worth the admission charge alone to hear them reverently refer to "Sir" Alex.

Now if only it was the manager of the Kilkenny hurlers or Donegal footballers who quit Damo might be at home with the subject.

btw, someone told me that the then breaking news of Ferguson's departure was discussed on the John Murray Show by none other than those two sporting experts....Miriam O'Callaghan and (compulsory insert here)....Celebrity Solicitor :) gerald Keane.

One for the archives there Gilesey!

europa11 wrote: »
    D'Omen won't be able to handle the amount of grieving Man-Uni-red followin' taxi-drivers today. Worth the admission charge alone to hear them reverently refer to "Sir" Alex.

Now if only it was the manager of the Kilkenny hurlers or Donegal footballers Skibbereen Cattle Mart who quit Damo might be at home with the subject.

QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

No, he had fling with MAAARY BYRNE.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    No, he had fling with MAAARY BYRNE.

Now that would be an attractive child....and by attractive I mean ugly.

This farm safety ad is really appropriately placed at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ffs:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Let the outpouring of grief commence...

• Advertisement

Only threadwatching....worth tuning in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement