Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Name a bridge after a missing person......bad taste or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I don't know but this is a bit morbid - these public areas are usually named after dead people who have achieved something in the locality e.g. gaa figures, politicians.

I really feel for this family and their grief but it's not something I'd like to be reminded of every time I went over the footbridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm glad Joe isn't doing this.

Imagine the verbal overdose of the following words & phrases.

God willing - Petal - In our thoughts and prayers - How are you coping - Mind yourself.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

wah wah wah

Misery guts with the most woe filled tales compete for their names to be stuck on a pedestrian bridge in Tullamore

FFS

No surprise suicide rates are so high in Ireland, sad bastards love misery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Ohio mentioned? fer chris sakes!

• Advertisement

Does Ger Killaly have a basement in his house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Insensitive question there I think. Do you think that maybe your daughter has spent the last 10 years in a house getting raped, and does that fill you with hope. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

What gives you strengh .

I ask that meself listening to liveline sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Good man Damo give out her address as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

What gives you strengh .

I ask that meself listening to liveline sometimes
    :) The caller is supposed to say 'I have a great devotion to Saint ....'.

• Advertisement

I might be completely wrong but I always thought that these things can only be named in memory of dead people and since it is still a missing person's case how could that be possible.

Now D'omen saying people in Tullamore didn't know what they signed. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was that a cricket? Is he out camping?

I'd dare anybody to ring in and suggest it should be called the Alex Ferguson Bridge..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Name a bridge after a missing person......bad taste or what??

Who........... Joe? ;)

Meathlass wrote: »
    I might be completely wrong but I always thought that these things can only be named in memory of dead people and since it is still a missing person's case how could that be possible.

Now D'omen saying people in Tullamore didn't know what they signed. !
    Given that the number who are supposed to have signed, (13,000 out of a population of 14000), has to include a lot of small children, I think it might be a bit suspect.

domen you rat pee sipping fiend

Get off the air

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

WHAT sort of a laugh was that??? :eek:

Since when in the history of everything has any local council given a reason for anything ?

Given that the number who are supposed to have signed, (13,000 out of a population of 14000), has to include a lot of small children, I think it might be a bit suspect.

Yes. Maybe it was one of those facebook petitions which people sign even though it's got nothing to do with them. Either that or they're going door to door in Tullamore :rolleyes:

Why do they keep advertising the John Murray show when there's no sign of John Murray? Where is he anyway?

• Advertisement

Always found it a bit odd that Ian Dempsey would put his voice to the "choose Lidl" message.. For how many years have the Irish listeners/businesses been supporting him. Has he ever been asked about this or does he take the Joe Duffy "head in the sand" approach to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sudzs wrote: »

It's called a " john bruton"

:D

Why do they keep advertising the John Murray show when there's no sign of John Murray? Where is he anyway?

Very far away with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Probably off with joe on the way to the bank having a laugh

Presumably if the budget is really tight it's the children who have more severe issues who need the resource hours more.

Thankfully this child sounds able to manage a mainstream school.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Always found it a bit odd that Ian Dempsey would put his voice to the "choose Lidl" message.. For how many years have the Irish listeners/businesses been supporting him. Has he ever been asked about this or does he take the Joe Duffy "head in the sand" approach to it?

wouldn't say ian has revert graced the inside of his nearest lidl. Id day he's more a superquinn man

sudzs wrote: »
    Manic sobbing. There IS medication available for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

I dont mean to offend anyone, but I have met so many people like this woman who are kind of in a state of denial. Child 'well able' to go to mainstream school, but uet she still want resource teaching. In an ideal world yes, but with limited resources for the education budget, well....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I miss Tom Crean :-(

• Advertisement

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    I dont mean to offend anyone, but I have met so many people like this woman who are kind of in a state of denial. Child 'well able' to go to mainstream school, but uet she still want resource teaching. In an ideal world yes, but with limited resources for the education budget, well....

I'm really offended... oh hang on..

*postpones feeling of offence until liveline rings*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement