Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

The inhumanity of it. Imagine being made pay back what you borrowed. It's a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There's a happy ending to this. By the time James' story finishes, Ireland is in the middle of another property boom..

My birthday is in January, should I hold off on it ? Ah Christ James we don't need every little detail. I don't care what you had for breakfast.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

PauloMN wrote: »
    Much as he's been daft to get into this situation, he does have a point in so far as you can't get blood from a stone. Surely it's better to get something from him than nothing (which would seem to be the case now).

He's working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That debt needs to be unsecured to be cleared in the UK

his house needs to be sold by the bank first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

James at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. James, if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well done Damo, that's the question I wanted to ask..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Da Brits" :)......I bet James has his ticket booked for the game in Wembley in a few weeks time. In Da Brit end. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He flew to the UK but he's going to walk back to Dublin.

Not much joy on the bankruptsy front there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What did he say his name is? I didn't catch it at? :D

The children of lir lived shorter than this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Some professional classes cleaning up

VS

Some crap radio program milking peoples misery for ratings

Tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

" I have researched this Damien I've looked at youtube....I've even read a Jim Power book"

MrsD007 wrote: »

"I'm entitled"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

PauloMN wrote: »
    Much as he's been daft to get into this situation, he does have a point in so far as you can't get blood from a stone. Surely it's better to get something from him than nothing (which would seem to be the case now).
    My issue with that is, he was fine living it up when he had his credit card etc. Now he has nothing, he doesn't want to pay what he owes. I never bought a house in the boom, and he wants a write down?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    "I'm entitled"
    I hate when people overuse their own and other people's names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

He pissed of after amassing huge debts through his own fault what does he want a medal? "I'm not one who runs off from debts" The cheek of him saying that!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    " I have researched this Damien I've looked at youtube....I've even read a Jim Power book"

Jim corr researched stuff on youtube....

MrsD007 wrote: »

He just reminds me so much of this fella....

davy-fitzgerald.jpg
    :D ..."c'mere Mister Banker"...

It is Keith Duffy isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Where is this goof from, his accent is brutal. He should learn to pronounce the letter I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought Niall Hatch being the head of Birdwatch Ireland was funny, but the head of the bank being called "Mr Banker" is one hell of a coincidence..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

If someone from the UK or any other country could they come over and declare bankruptcy?? If youve lived your life in one country and few months in another how can they let you declare bankruptcy. When this gets to court the Judge should tell this guy to feck off back home and stop wasting the time of the UK court system

I don't want to be here either................. listening to this whine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

My issue with that is, he was fine living it up when he had his credit card etc. Now he has nothing, he doesn't want to pay what he owes. I never bought a house in the boom, and he wants a write down?

He made a financial mistake, he didn't commit a crime. He's been trying to sort it out for a few years, the banks won't let him and irish bankruptcy laws are unreasonable compared to UK ones. He's taking the obviously sensible course of action.

He's going to hop on a bus.

g'wan Skippy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yeah I know, I don't disagree with you, it's frustrating. But we end up paying even more now that he's gone tbh.

How the hell did he ever get €320k as a single person (I'm assuming he got the loan and house in his name because there's no mention of the girlfriend being caught in this mess). Seriously, a €320k loan for one person!!!! :eek:

On another note, nice guy or not, I hope he is never let have a credit card/loan/overdraft or mortgage if he ever sets foot in this country again. For everyone's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Ive only tuned in i havent listened to live lahn for a week what juncket is joe on coz ronan collins is off as well???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Damien, he's mentioned three times that he's paying a deposit this evening. Why aren't you asking where he got the money if he has no money as he says? Surely the deposit on a flat in London would cover one payment on a mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

25 minutes later..................liveline listeners are now just bones sitting at their kitchen tables

• Advertisement

never mind the bus strike Damo or any other topical issue...............................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement