Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My landlord won't accept a write-down on my rent. Why should I be exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

snubbleste wrote: »

Because you didn't party? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

my friend wrote: »
    Damien..

Ask David Hall how screwed he personally is?

ask him what his borrowings are.

do it, or drop him.

Or how much he is making on the back of the mortgage crisis?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

They want people to pay back only the "negative equity" price, they also defend people who have jobs and can afford to pay their mortgage but default because they don't want to pay their original loan mortgage.

So they defend people who can afford to pay a mortgage but choose not to? Have you evidence of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Same here, we need a rental sector version of "New Beginnings".

• Advertisement

Was today's show a concerted effort by David Hall et al to put forward their agenda on the national airwaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mooney's Malmo...........we've been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Did I hear that right mooneys in sweden .....and joe and ronan are MIA!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

gjc wrote: »
    One of my pain in the arses is from Ballyfermot

Ballyer - Mighty place altogether !
    321662_300178433448511_385738291_n.jpg

Aah bless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"...going forward"

AAAARRRRRRGH!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

We're skinted!! SKINTED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

PauloMN wrote: »
    So they defend people who can afford to pay a mortgage but choose not to? Have you evidence of that?

On various radio programmes (Pat Kenny, Live Line, Newstalk) where people like your man complaining about not been able to move to Limerick were on saying they couldn't pay their mortgage because of negative equity he was agreeing with them. You are very naive if you think that people aren't taking advantage of that.

i cant understand why everyone is standing up for james- hes an arrogant tosser, not to mention triumphant in his attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

wtf?? eurovision?? I thought the germans had cancelled that bastard thing till the feckless PIGS had got finances sorted????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

They defend people who simply cannot pay, job or no job. What has a job go to do with it if you cannot pay the mortgage?
    If they cannot pay, then get the hell out of the house they cannot pay for. Renters can't hang around if they 'can't' (or won't) pay the rent, can they?

This country stinks. Everyone trying to live on everyone else's dime.

Was today's show a concerted effort by David Hall et al to put forward their agenda on the national airwaves?
    David Hall and the New Beggings mob have a total monopoly of the airwaves. Nobody is allowed put across the cost to the taxpayer - I wonder why?

There seems to be a massive drive to share the debts of the foolish and lucky with those who were sensible during the bubble. What's the point of doing the right thing in this country? That's the lesson I'm learning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Anynama141 wrote: »
    If they cannot pay, then get the hell out of the house they cannot pay for. Renters can't hang around if they 'can't' (or won't) pay the rent, can they?

This country stinks. Everyone trying to live on everyone else's dime.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. What I want is the solution that is cheapest to the tax-payer, and that is not necessarily chucking people out of their houses. If we as a country started chucking everyone in financial trouble out of their houses, we'd have a lot more problems than we do now.
    Anynama141 wrote: »
    David Hall and the New Beggings mob have a total monopoly of the airwaves. Nobody is allowed put across the cost to the taxpayer - I wonder why?

There seems to be a massive drive to share the debts of the foolish and lucky with those who were sensible during the bubble. What's the point of doing the right thing in this country? That's the lesson I'm learning.

There's a massive drive for common sense. The right thing is the best balance of the most cost effective solution to the state and being reasonable with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Hmmm a call for 'common sense'?

From Irish people? In this country? 3 FF governments? Jackie Healy Rae? Michael Lowry? Joe Duffy?

Get up the yard!

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. What I want is the solution that is cheapest to the tax-payer, and that is not necessarily chucking people out of their houses. If we as a country started chucking everyone in financial trouble out of their houses, we'd have a lot more problems than we do now.
    Very often it will be the cheapest way for the taxpayer. New Beginning and David Hall do not give a toss about the taxpayer. In some cases it might be cheaper to let the borrower surrender the the house and pay MARKET rent plus a portion of their outstanding debt. In other cases again, bankruptcy will be the solution.

Debt write-offs where the 'owners' keep the houses they are not paying for will NEVER be a fair solution.
    There's a massive drive for common sense. The right thing is the best balance of the most cost effective solution to the state and being reasonable with people.
    Sadly, the debt forgiveness brigade - remember, the same people who told us moral hazard would NOT be a problem - have very little time for common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm gonna go out and get hammered next Saturday to celebrate the end of the current run of the Tom Crean play at the Olympia !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Duffy back today seeing as the buses are back up and running? Maybe he,ll have a few poor publicans on from their conference about how much their suffering and no ones looking after them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

he likes fire engines or model trains??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

One minute in....

Suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Sow-a-soide again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

First day back and its suicide ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

70 animals?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Discussing her son's depression on the national airwaves isn't going to help him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Should she not be talking to her son rather than Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's now over a month since I last listened to The Lahv Lahn. I had thought about breaking my period of abstinence today but if the topic is suicide it'll be a no............

Let me know if a row breaks out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement