Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Interesting they are discussing the license fee on Moncrieff with 270 people jailed last year for not paying, something you'll never hear on Duffers show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

51056_7931483_i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

What part of a hiring embargo does this woman not get ffs. Why doesnt her son set up his own volunteer fire dept.nenough already

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Any more plugs from this woman of places her son has worked ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭rollcall

If I heard my aul one ring Joe about me, she would need an ambulance!

• Advertisement

What part of a hiring embargo does this woman not get ffs. Why doesnt her son set up his own volunteer fire dept.nenough already

Hiring embargo it seems.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just tuning in is he moaning he cant be a fire man? Listen buddy you can't always get what you want!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"As a Mother".

What the hell difference does it make whether you are a mother or not.

How does that determine that your son (who worked in an off licence) is qualified to put out fires and rescue cats from trees ?

You know in fairness to the guy on at least he had the stones to ring up himself unlike the other fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Those fekn monatariums.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I can't understand why somebody would train for a job with a view to getting a job in the public service, with the embargo in recruitment. It's like training to be an auctioneer, a banker or a construction worker. Where would you be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

rollcall wrote: »

Mine would need a flippin undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Whatever about the legitimacy or otherwise of the argument, it's all invalidated by having your mammy on arguing for you.

"My mom thinks I'm cool"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

rollcall wrote: »

Ive often wondered what level of crazy you'd have to be to ring in to Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A degree in journalism in Scotland ? And he is bitching about not getting a job in the brigade ?

And he had a book published...

book_embarrassed.jpg

pc7 wrote: »
    Just tuning in is he moaning he cant be a fire man? Listen buddy you can't always get what you want!

Good Rolling Stones song.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does Joe have a batch of 'english' accent callers to ring in?

The IMF?? The ECB???

Jesus wept Joe, it's only a couple of fire brigade jobs. Get a grip.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good Rolling Stones song.

I was humming it to myself as I typed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Token English person rings in, Joe is international.

• Advertisement

Listen Joe I wanted to be a millionaire but hey that hasn't worked out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

200 vacancies? probably due to the ridiculous voluntary redundancy scheme where people took big payoffs and retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

unions = shower of self serving b*stards.

And Joe, well he's just plain rude..

Token English person rings in, Joe is international.

global!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

If I was overcome by fire I would much rather that mothers son save me than some road sweep or bin man.

Whatever happened all the bin men in the councils that are no longer needed now that they sold off the bin collection service?

pc7 wrote: »
    Whatever happened all the bin men in the councils that are no longer needed now that they sold off the bin collection service?

Leaning on a shovel somewhere?? Scratching their *****

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I shudder to think of who within the existing public service will be applying for the job. I know that redeployment must take place because of the recruitment embargo, but in my experience of working in a large organisation, the people or 'excesses' who are deployed are the people who are poor performers where they already are, good people wont' be moved. Or am I just being cynical?

Had to laugh at Joe a little back there when he said "It's not what you know, it's who you know"

So Man-o'-de-peeple got his foot on the RTE ladder through hard work, sweat and tears did he?

And there was foolish me thinking Dear old Uncle Gabriel had some small hand in pulling the Student Union head from Ballyer into the Montrose honeypot :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »

And there was foolish me thinking Dear old Uncle Gabriel had some small hand

Is Gay really his uncle?????? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement