Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They should change that Alzheimer's ad...

"Do you sometimes think you're listening to the same Liveline show again and again, do you sometimes thing you're listening to the same Liveline show again and again... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

The tax issue is a separate issue.

Stick to the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

And here's another daft old biddy...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You're like many of the callers and missing the point completely - Shatter shouldn't have had the information about Mick Wallace. What other information does he have?
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point. The question is how did Shatter get the information which was a little more than a conversation between a citizen and a garda. It was not officially reported. How does he justify using it in the way that he did. It really has nothing to do with Mick and his merry band.

I'm not missing the point at all, his explanation was that it was in the recent report in the issue. I'm uneasy that he may have gone looking for such info, but if is is found to be in the report provided to him it's not really an issue is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pointless caller alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bloopy

"Give up your right to privacy and some of your civil liberties because Wallace is an Eejit."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

so if ya did nothing wrong youve nothing to worry about ?

ask frank connoly that.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm not missing the point at all, his explanation was that it was in the recent report in the issue. I'm uneasy that he may have gone looking for such info, but it is is found to be in the report provided to him it's not really an issue is it.

But it wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Bored to tears over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is this a party political broadcast for FF by JD?

• Advertisement

Pointless caller alert

I think Joe has disabled the alarm for that at this stage..

But it wasn't!

I'm not disagreeing, but his explanation only came out at lunchtime, where was it shown not to be in a report not provided to him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Joe probably shopped Wallace to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'm not missing the point at all, his explanation was that it was in the recent report in the issue. I'm uneasy that he may have gone looking for such info, but it is is found to be in the report provided to him it's not really an issue is it.
    It was NOT in any report.....are you following the argument or just throwing chaff around?

Micks flowing locks out the window when the wind is blowing.

what a brilliant description of mick wallace there by Joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Joe "Micks flowing locks ..out the window" !!! Goldilocks and the three bears springs to mind

I'm not disagreeing, but his explanation only came out at lunchtime, where was it shown not to be in a report not provided to him ?

I suppose we're all in the dark still but on Newstalk at lunchtime it came out that it wasn't in the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm going to start carrying the garden shears in the bag in case I see the "flowing locks" in future.....

I think Joe has disabled the alarm for that at this stage..

yeah your right, he now uses that alarm for callers who have a real, valid, and intelligent point to make

Alan Shatter apologise!!!......Newsflash: Icebergs reported in Hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Micks flowing locks out the window when the wind is blowing.

what a brilliant description of mick wallace there by Joe :D

Ah! da poe' Duffy, wan a da great wurrkin' class potes Jasper. up dere with Jem Casey....

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It was NOT in any report.....are you following the argument or just throwing chaff around?

Again, simply asking where it was proven to not be in a report. My questions are fairly simply, don't be getting your knickers in a knot.
    I suppose we're all in the dark still but on Newstalk at lunchtime it came out that it wasn't in the report.

Cheers, I listened to the start of the show but had to leave when they started to get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Use ALL the metaphors!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"It's a disgrace"

BINGO!

would that be the explanation where he said no personal information was released ?

:D:D:D

blokes making it up as he's going along. seriously WTF is a warning to someone doing in a report unless its one specifically compiled to target peole like wallace ?

i got a warning off the gards back in the ninties for littering outside a night club, did the minister of the day get that? did he fup.

one of the journos at the weekend had it right. two of the four people behind blowing the whistle on this whole penality points affair have now been targeted by the state and that no coincicence.

shatter got the info IMO specifically to ambush wallace on primetime. simples.

What is she doing with the phone?

Joes brilliant description of Mick got me thinking.

dum dee dee dum dee dum, poor mickey wallace, driving through clontarf, where are you going with your phone in your hand and your Blonde locks flowing......in the wind.

I'll get me coat.

WTF is up with that line and how come duffy cant hear it ?

No mention of su-a-soide today......strange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Joe should know all about dirty tricks and the power of information to undermine your enemies - see for example the incident with Shane O'Curry. Within 3 minutes of him being on the phone, Joe had pulled out all the stops to get "the dirt" on Shane O'Curry to make him look like a loon

At the time I googled Shane O'Curry and could find nothing related to him and his political leanings, so it's possible Joe and his Reseacher Army had a different source of information :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement