Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

scargill wrote: »
    when they talk about €1,000 for box of drugs, €50 for 5 mls of something else - does the Drug Treatment purchase fund not limit them to €144 per month? Am I missing something here?

Also - what does the Medical Card give them that they wouldn't otherwise get as a matter of course (even without medical insurance?)
    Its all about the €144 a month. Not a fortune compared to the total cost of treating a patient for cancer which is typically €20,000 to €30,000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Also - what does the Medical Card give them that they wouldn't otherwise get as a matter of course (even without medical insurance?)
    almost free basic healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Looks like Joe won't get around to that pesky Oireachtas Communications Committee meeting on RTE presenters salaries today.

what a pity!........ eh?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

With the amount of money that was, at one time, floating around this country, we should have a health care system second to none and the amount of tax we pay should facilitate free healthcare for all.

I have every sympathy for parents of sick children and the care they receive should not be based on their ability to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thank heavens for conference calls. I dont have to listen to anymore of this sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Seems to me that all the Government needs to do is tax Apple another 0.5% and a lot of funding issues would be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

uh-oh, on air breakdown imminent! :eek:

sudzs wrote: »
    uh-oh, on air breakdown imminent! :eek:
    Donnybrook being hit by a lightening strike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well thanks for that Joe.. I'm well and truly depressed now..

Suicide..
    Kids with cancer..

Up next a squirrel that was run over by a steamroller ..

LOL
    RTÉ propaganda advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Its all about the €144 a month. Not a fortune compared to the total cost of treating a patient for cancer which is typically €20,000 to €30,000.

OK. I know all about the 144 a month! I have meds to take which cost €120 a month. The DPS used to limit me to €75 a month, it has crept up gradually over several years. So in effect I'm pay an extra €500 a year!
    snubbleste wrote: »
    almost free basic healthcare

Do they not get that anyway? Not arguing - just trying to figure out what the obsession with Medical Card is this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Why don't they just fill in these forms and have it done with. Then keep all the paperwork in the one place in case they ever come looking for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Do any of these callers realise that they're speaking to, and expecting sympathy from, one of the public purses' most highly paid individuals?

Maybe the irony probably just flies over their heads.

Jesus - 3 kids with disabilities - what are the odds of that. Poor woman.

Do they not get that anyway? Not arguing - just trying to figure out what the obsession with Medical Card is this week.
    If you don't have a medical card or insurance, you will have to pay a capped amount for all medical care ranging from GP visits to hospital beds.
    The reason the MC is an issue recently is because they are rigorously enforcing and tightening MC eligibility

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

The whole drugs schemes/medical care schemes etc etc seem to be rolled up in so much red tape and regulations, its no wonder that HSE is such a monolith

Meathlass wrote: »
    It is a life sentence. She should be given a medal

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

I just realised that I was listening to yesterday's episode on the RTÉ website. I was late tuning in yesterday so I had missed the beginning of it and then I was thinking that it sounded similar to yesterday.

The comments here still tallied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

3 kids with disabilities :(

The HSE budget is multiples of what it was 10 years ago, almost all of it swallowed up in salary costs. There's far too much administration overhead in these places and not enough front line staff.

This woman puts two lesbians getting unreasonable customer service in a retail establishment into perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Three kids with disabilities!? Bad genes much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We save the state thousands by looking after our own children"

And all sympathy vanishes through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

3 kids with disabilities and a new baby in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Don't worry. Someone offering free wheelchair will be on shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

In fairness, 1000mg is just two panadol.

Three kids with disabilities!? Bad genes much...

Yeah was thinking that myself. Very unPC I know but if it was me I certainly wouldn't be chancing having another child.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I am being too harsh thinking if they cant afford a new wheelchair why did she have another baby recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And all sympathy vanishes through the window.

Why? This poor woman is doing multiples of the work another parent with the same amount of kids has. She's at her wits' end, I'd cut her some slack.

"They don't care"
    the way she said it in such a scaling tone of deflation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yeah was thinking that myself. Very unPC I know but if it was me I certainly wouldn't be chancing having another child.
    Maybe you'd be trying your luck for a child with no disabilities?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement