Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just thinking, and I'm sure Joe was leading the rally at the time, but when you give Medical Cards to all over 70s regardless of need then these are the cases and the people who suffer.

There's only so many ways the budget can be divided up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

snubbleste wrote: »
    This woman puts two lesbians getting unreasonable customer service in a retail establishment into perspective

Jesus :eek:

What did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I am being too harsh thinking if they cant afford a new wheelchair why did she have another baby recently.

I would think so too....or if I had two children with disabilities I would never consider having a third child...it just wouldn't happen. It's a terrible situation to be in but god, draw a line in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

god moves in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I love the way when somebody mentions a politician by name and Joe shows us his knowledge by saying what constituency that TD represents.

Or when somebody says "The Minister for Agriculture (or whatever)" and Joe says his/her name, usually twice.

I can just imagine him at home, on Christmas Day. The 2 twins testing him out on TDs before Brush and Doc arrive for the game of charades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Maybe you'd be trying your luck for a child with no disabilities?

No, after 2 kids I'd be having an operation, just in case. Couldn't take the risk. Horrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I would think so too....or if I had two children with disabilities I would never consider having a third child...it just wouldn't happen. It's a terrible situation to be in but god, draw a line in the sand.

I have to say that I would feel the same way as well. I know its not right but if you have 2 children with disabilities and you are struggling would ya not just say ok thats enough we have what we have and lets make things as good as we can for those kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

anybody find out what drug was ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

BPKS wrote: »
    I love the way when somebody mentions a politician by name and Joe shows us his knowledge by saying what constituency that TD represents.

Or when somebody says "The Minister for Agriculture (or whatever)" and Joe says his/her name, usually twice.

I can just imagine him at home, on Christmas Day. The 2 twins testing him out on TDs before Brush and Doc arrive for the game of charades.

Or more likely, his bias when his beloved FF are not sitting in their rightful place in the Dáil.

You can be sure if Joe's Soldiers of Destiny regain the reins of power that little trick will vanish from Joe's agenda.

(P.S. It's the 3 twins ;)... a.k.a. "a Duffer")

Big C wrote: »
    anybody find out what drug was ??

Having listened to today's hour and a quarter of depression, it mightn't be a good idea to publicise it. Not just yet anyway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

europa11 wrote: »
    Or more likely, his bias when his beloved FF are not sitting in their rightful place in the Dáil.

You can be sure if Joe's Soldiers of Destiny regain the reins of power that little trick will vanish from Joe's agenda.

(P.S. It's the 3 twins ;)... a.k.a. "a Duffer")

Of course I meant the 3 twins! But its from the Pat Shortt and John Kenny sketch at the back of the church all those years ago its embedded in my brain. I'm struggling with the other reference;)

BPKS wrote: »
    I'm struggling with the other reference;)

The 3 Twins is (as you know) one of Joe's gems....so credit where it's due, hence "A Duffer".:D

That show was almost as depressing as your typical Unfunny Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

3 twins = 6 people
    Joe has triplets dont ya know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I did not realise Joe Duffy wrote for the Mail.
    Here he is pontificating on austerity and reduced government spending http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010090011B136923164132358

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

joe6pack wrote: »
    3 twins = 6 people

Joe has 3 twins. He told us himself one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Here he is pontificating on austerity and reduced government spending http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010090011B136923164132358

Joe Duffy really has gotten too big for his boots.. He now seems to think of himself as a social commentator and defender of the working man, when he really has nothing in common with the working man.. He has more in common with the union leaders who speak with the common tongue and align themselves with the working classes, but in reality stuff their own pockets with money from the the pockets of the average "Joe"...

As the presenter of Liveline, he is meant to be objective and essentially not have any opinions, so I dont know how RTE let him away with this.. How can he be trusted to chair any future discussing relating to an ESRI study, given the strong opinions that he has aired in this article? You wouldnt see a professional broadcaster like Pat Kenny doing something like this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

joe6pack wrote: »
    3 twins = 6 people
    3 twins is Joe's little joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010090011B136923164132358

I little nixer on the side

That show was almost as depressing as your typical Unfunny Friday.

Reminds me of my leaving cert days....emily dickenson springs to mind..."I felt a funeral in my brain"..jesus she was misery personified...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

gjc wrote: »
    Reminds me of my leaving cert days....emily dickenson springs to mind..."I felt a funeral in my brain"..jesus she was misery personified...
    Ah Emily Dickinson was known to enjoy a few 'Wild Nights' in her time ;)

Local Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"The Nation's Voice" ????????????

Who gave him that impression?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Sow-a-soide and cancer again today.......anything to cheer us up?

Roger_007 wrote: »

maybe the ad breaks

Roger_007 wrote: »

Mattie McGrath's allegations might tempt Joe to lighten proceedings a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Unlikely, due to the Posisible expungenery nature of the subject, that would mean he'd have to get out of the comfy chair and concentrate on whats been said

Is it just me or all these people who 'don't want to fill out a form' coming across as not quite as sharp as they might be?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have I missed anything worth podcasting the last few days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Another Garda leak?.. A recent report said that Gardaí were accessing the files of famous people on Pulse effectively just cos they were curious. We also have the Commissioner himself passing on bits of gossip to the Minister. And apparently every Guard between the Commissioner and the first guard who pulled up beside Mick Wallace has been passing on the story like Chinese Whispers. What a bunch of old fishwives they really are..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement