Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Joe never asked them to cut the Sky today did he? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Taxes go to other groups that you may not be a member of. Why draw that kind of distinction?

Maybe we should apply for a grant for posting on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Lapin wrote: »
    Maybe we should apply for a grant for posting on Boards.

I'm already drawing unemployment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

PauloMN wrote: »
    This country is social welfare mad.

It is crazy.. A lot of people see any work as just secondary to their primary source of income, the state subsidy.. A lot of private business people I know are FAR worse off than those on the dole, and this sends a really bad message to society..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm already drawing unemployment

They give grants for drawing now ?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Meathlass wrote: »
    As a S V de P volunteer I'm delighted at their comments. Unfortunately some people get into ridiculous debt based on these ceremonies. It should be based on need (as the exceptional payment grant is) and not automatically given out to families celebrating one of these ceremonies as it was in the mid 2000s.

+ 1

S V de P is for every day needs food/heating/clothing etc. not spray tans, fancy dress and cocktail sausages!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This is a Catholic country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

withless wrote: »
    This is a Catholic country.
    There is a separation of Church and State, allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

There is a separation of Church and State, allegedly.

yeah right, after John Charles McQuaid writing our Constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

When the Catholic Church ruled this country with an iron fist there were none of these so called 'problems'.

A locked door, a high wall and a few masses will put people back on the right track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just listened to the first communion part of the show...the lad who spoke about separating church and state didn't last long. The real losers of this allowance been abolished is the poor man who rents the bouncy castles

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hitchens wrote: »
    After a lotta people rang this guy he listened to two days worth of Joe's drivel on podcast..................the mind boggles :rolleyes:

I did that once. Never again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

RTE 'stars' to face another 40% pay cut according to this mornings news.

Expect Joe to be bulling today!

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

RTE 'stars' to face another 40% pay cut according to this mornings news.

Expect Joe to be bulling today!

Happy days.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/overpaid-rte-stars-will-have-40pc-slashed-from-their-wages-29191202.html

Jesus ...... Duffy will be ringing in to himself today ...... There ll be a riot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So deffinitely the RTE pay thing we think? "Ahh joe sure ya deserve alot more for teh service you provide to teh people"
    No more communion? Im sad we only really got a taste of it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

VinLieger wrote: »
    So deffinitely the RTE pay thing we think? "Ahh joe sure ya deserve alot more for teh service you provide to teh people"
    No more communion? Im sad we only really got a taste of it yesterday

"Shure as me ma says I only answer de phones and all of a sudden ders 300 grand in de bank account"

JM Skipton wrote: »
    "Shure as me ma says I only answer de phones and all of a sudden ders 300 grand in de bank account"

I can see Duffy doing a few nixers like mrs browns boyz again or perhaps national lottery ( "get up and run..... 31....... Two can chew 69...") ........ There's no way he's going to become accustomed to a more "modest" salary.... Can I just say as much as I love this thread I don't feel the love for Duffy...... You could train a monkey to do his job........... The monkey could probably do a better job......... Jesus he'd be the highest paid trained monkey !!!!! When you think about it.............. I still can't see him disconnecting sky from Duffy twin towers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He will be like a bull in a china shop today

"Would ya get a gripppppppppp!!!!"

No ...... This is the lavlahn were on about... I'd have used .... Like a hedgehog in a condom factory

• Advertisement

Ben Dunne. Someone mentioned him a day or two ago. Whoever it was, I blame you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What will this wonderful idea be that Ben will spend an hour talking and bigging, as usually let by Joe, but is never implemented because it's usually useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What will this wonderful idea be that Ben will spend an hour talking and bigging, as usually let by Joe, but is never implemented because it's usually useless.
    Yep.

Sure if someone genuinely can't afford to pay their mortgage how can they just move to the North and set up a new life there? We're not all ex-Westlife members...

I cant afford to go bankrupt

Credit rating?

Getting more loans is the last thing people want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

We own it Joe

Ben is 100% correct in his ramblings

Ben's voice is bloody irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What about our NAMA Joe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Aubrey will be on to endorse this amazing idea to move everyone up north.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement