Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I'm surprised she hasn't told Damian to "shut up" and stop interrupting her never ending flow of how great she is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

AK333 wrote: »
    sending children to creches is expensive - why then do I hear that the carers are paid badly? If 20 kids are paying 150/200 a week, thats in excess of €3,000 - why then cant the staff be paid well? If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys

Light
    Heat
    Food
    Rates

But yeah it's strange the way the staff are so badly paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Are all women who run crèches so mouthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She'll be claiming she founded the crèches in Ireland next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"I don't advertise"

Well what was the last 5 minutes about so, missus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'd run a mile from her tbh, she sounds painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

with care, love and a very loud voice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"I don't advertise"

Well what was the last 5 minutes about so, missus?

Aubrey would have been proud of the way she got in that final plug.

Fitted in right over her halo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Meathlass wrote: »
    Light
    Heat
    Food
    Rates

Profit!
    We have very high residential taxes and rates here, and creches cost half what they cost in Ireland.

Meathlass wrote: »
    Light
    Heat
    Food
    Rates

Those are things that are tax deductible including toys/books/etc and in lots of creches the parents supply the food, not the creche.

Someone is making money - especially in Dublin as I hear the rates up there are something else - at least us culchies have access to the next door neighbour who takes in children for a few euro;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Along with the multitude of people who think they'll make a fortune from selling "cupcakes" that look like they've been iced with multicoloured dog****.

Great American comedy show called Portlandia about people like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

sudzs wrote: »
    Is there anyone actually literally starving in Ireland??

No. But literal starvation is very rare outside of wars or famines - malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and the general unpleasantness of beans and bananas for dinner does happen.

Is this just going to be a "Aren't we all lovely in Ireland" story?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Do they teach the kids in the crèche how to scurry like rats? This is now an essential like skill!

Apparently in Stockholm......sorry Stock-hollum (Joespeak)....it's a matter of survival. We must learn the basics of how to scurry properly from the other ones' website ;)

Those are things that are tax deductible including toys/books/etc and in lots of creches the parents supply the food, not the creche.

Someone is making money - especially in Dublin as I hear the rates up there are something else - at least us culchies have access to the next door neighbour who takes in children for a few euro;)

Oh yeah, I completely agree. Someone is making a killing with creches and it's not the lowly paid staff.

I don't mean to sound sick in the head but when I see old people falling I do find it very funny, I will help of course, but piss myself later

I don't mean to sound sick in the head but when I see old people falling I do find it very funny, I will help of course, but piss myself later

But you do sound sick in the head! Laughing at someone's misfortune is not a very nice trait:(

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

-- yep a bit sick in fairness !

He pointed out that he doesn't smoke. Are they breathalysing people for smoking now?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I wonder if Damien is keeping a straight face listening to all this blowing

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He pointed out that he doesn't smoke. Are breathalysing people for smoking now?

depends what you smoke, but its more a pee you need for the smokies..
    of course you can also find excuses to refuse the pee.. pity no caller on it.

Am I on the liveline, oh sorry, wrong number

Jaysus, I don't know where all these Guards are hiding cos I have NEVER been stopped by a Guard in Ireland for a breathalyzer, and maybe only 4 or 5 times for tax/insurance. I never see the Gardai out on the roads. Maybe I need to go to Specsavers

this fellow is smart

whats a copd...

great idea to get an old inhaler.. Damien your the man

Jaysus, I don't know where all these Guards are hiding cos I have NEVER been stopped by a Guard in Ireland for a breathalyzer, and maybe only 4 or 5 times for tax/insurance. I never see the Gardai out on the roads. Maybe I need to go to Specsavers
    Are you that Polish guy they spent 2 years trying to track down only to discover that the name translated as driving licence.:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

TheVman wrote: »
    whats a copd...

great idea to get an old inhaler.. Damien your the man

I'm in.

Gonna get myself an old wheelchair now as well, take advantage of all that unused disabled parking at the shops. :pac:

Theres too much bl00dy discretion going on. I don't care who you are if you drink and drive, your booked and that's it. If you speed, you are booked, that's it. There is absolutely nothing going on in the Dail that is so urgent that you have to break the law to get there. If the ffn guards don't enforce the law we might as well give up

the irish guards hide in the bushes, ambush style check point, its in our culture...

not sposed to see them

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'm in.

Gonna get myself an old wheelchair now as well, take advantage of all that unused disabled parking at the shops. :pac:

You only need a colour photocopier for that and some contact :)

• Advertisement

aahhh its over already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement