Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"I''d prefer to sacrifice 15 months of my life than working 30 years for the bank"

Shouldn't have taken out a mortgage, so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ben Dunne looking for attention. Next caller please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We have taken the hit already Joe:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've no problem paying for property tax because my family gave me millions to get me out of the business all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

"does the communion grant still apply if I move north Joe?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

what if u call the bank but reverse the charges Ben?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

He's right though. If you bought an apartment in the middle of Ireland for 350K its probably worth 100k now they will never see the value return. Why be in that situation for 25 years when all you have to do is go to the UK and get declared bankrupt and bye bye huge debt. I think Ben is a bit of a clown but hes dead on here!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Typical Irish crap, dramatising everything..... these properties are now being likened to prison cells????? The people in them BOUGHT the fcuking things Ben, if they're prison cells now, they were prison cells without flat screens and leather couches when the owners bought them, but they still bought them!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ben Dunne looking for attention. Next caller please.

Why does he get air time, seriously ? He's not like he's some great en-trap-an-air. His pack them tight, sell em cheap gyms do well but any of his other ventures have been failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

If all these people up and go and do as Ben Dunne suggests, you may be sure it will be the taxpayers who stay behind who will take the hit and not the banks

• Advertisement

So to speak and as I said to your researcher, all within 5 seconds of each other. Mega bingo.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Why does he get air time, seriously ? He's not like he's some great en-trap-an-air. His pack them tight, sell em cheap gyms do well but any of his other ventures have been failures.
    At least it's not Bill Cullen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

If I move to the north Ben will you give me money to open up a Ben Dunne gym

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have just copped that this is Joes way of getting back at the government over his wages:D

DellyBelly wrote: »
    He's right though. If you bought an apartment in the middle of Ireland for 350K its probably worth 100k now they will never see the value return. Why be in that situation for 25 years when all you have to do is go to the UK and get declared bankrupt and bye bye huge debt. I think Ben is a bit of a clown but hes dead on here!

Even if they can afford their mortgage ?

We will soon own the British Banks as well weeeee

"Just go to the High Court"

Presumably you have to play a barrister.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Great, he's money for a holiday but won't pay his debts!! This is where the moral hazard arguement comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

I have just copped that this is Joes way of getting back at the government over his wages:D

I love it!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Government and Banks are going to be freaked with Duffy for giving this airtime, a lot of liveline listeners would not have thought of this option, so now Joe was responsible for a run on the banks and a run up the M1

• Advertisement

That will end well Francis you Plank

Yaay, learn a language, move out of Ireland to one of those many lands paved of gold dotted all around the world and walk straight into a job, everything will be perfect then.

Alternatively, stick your head in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Suicide.............................Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

what are the names of the boys joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So your suggestion is just to go anywhere? Stupid woman

aubrey has the lavlahn on speeddial he ll be on soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

You have to admit the Ben sorted out Charlie Haughey's debts.........thanks big fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

shockingly irresponsible broadcasting....just go bankrupt up North and then it all goes away....
    Will appeal to a lot of the listnership to this program (who might not have come up
    with this idea themselves)

really not a good idea to advertise this...

15 months of travelling around in a 12k camper wagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

"Have you got Sky"......He just squeezed that in there nicely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement