Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe must have a strange selection of music at home.

The old song "Eight thousand tuk-tuks in Bangkok" doesn't ring a bell :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

"I,m a taxi man..i have to go and earn money" yeah right your off to do the school run, then hoover the car out for two hours chatting to your fellow taxi man neighbour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bangkok, Beijing, Ballyfermot.............

This is an awful load of sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She was in a crash?

gjc wrote: »
    "I,m a taxi man..i have to go and earn money" yeah right your off to do the school run

Bit of a Liveline first there. It's usually "Joe, I've been sitting here in a queue of 220 taxis on Woe-is-me Street since half past ten and all I got was 3 euros, the price of the Daily Sun, a hang sangwidge and an itchy hole Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Taxi man lost, with his nasty comments. I drove a taxi in the late eighties, we were called Cosies or partime drivers, the treatment we got from the so called professional drivers was nasty and aggressive. The regulator sorted that out, for the selfish gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

"escaped" from a creche. It's not prison, girl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"she was after escaping from the creche..."

lol! What was the creche called, Kidz-Kolditz?!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Too late missus, I'm offended already. You're just projecting your own guilt onto everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Aulwan alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Queue outrage........ Smug cow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

sudzs wrote: »
    "she was after escaping from the creche..."

lol! What was the creche called, Kidz-Kolditz?!! :D

fair play to the kid if he had the know how and resoureces to escape alkatraz for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Shut up missus with your "I don't want this to be taken the wrong way"

I know exactly what you mean.

We should all be home minding the babies, leaving the jobs to the men.

(Also her talk about staying at home is bull. You get help, yes but it does not compensate for not working).

There he goes....off on another tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

wicked expensive in france, im finding out all about it at the moment... definitely not france. However the creches and nannys are usually pretty good, trained, do activites with the childre etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

My nieces are in this lady's creche. Excellent creche in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

"escaped" from a creche. It's not prison, girl
    What word would you use to describe how the child managed to actively get out of a place she was meant to stay in, under the alleged watchful care of responsible adults?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

TheVman wrote: »
    wicked expensive in france, im finding out all about it at the moment... definitely not france. However the creches and nannys are usually pretty good, trained, do activites with the childre etc etc...
    Have you contacted the CAF? If your income is below a certain level they'll pay part of the cost.
    I actually found getting a place in a creche a bigger problem than the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Yakuza wrote: »
    What word would you use to describe how the child managed to actively get out of a place she was meant to stay in, under the alleged watchful care of responsible adults?

Incompetence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

gjc wrote: »
    fair play to the kid if he had the know how and resoureces to escape alkatraz for kids.
    an kid being sent to a creche should watch a few McGyver vidoes first ...well just in case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Incompetence

She incompetenced out of the creche? Naah. Try again.

I agree that it was incompetence that allowed it to happen, but from the child's or the parents' perspective, "escaped" is a perfectly good word.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Yakuza wrote: »

Left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

We top the list for legal highs Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Wonder will Gerry Adams be on today to deny he was ever a member of the IRA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That's great everybody paid the property tax... That'll save the public service having to reform themselves or shed a few wasters..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

the people couldn't see joe, couldn't see at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

the people couldn't see joe, couldn't see at all at all.

"It might as well have been in Latin Joe for all I knew what was going on Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"There could have been an incident"

Riiiiight

• Advertisement

That's great everybody paid the property tax... That'll save the public service having to reform themselves or shed a few wasters..

As if they'd threaten any of them or the vast over-supply of local Councils with the bully-boy tactics Revenue have employed in the "campaign".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement