Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Can't believe Joe is doing this:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

"I know whats its like to live in a pressure cooker".....drugs hookers, kidnaps, yeah he can speak as an ordinary joe...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm only 24 and I'd rather stay here to be honest. I'm sick of this bullshít about people thinking that moving abroad fixes everything.

I'm hoping to study social care. If I'm learning here I'd rather contribute to society here but given the way things are in this sector I may not have any choice but to move.

If I have to move I'd rather it be out of necessity rather than blind hope tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

le la rat wrote: »
    15 months of travelling around in a 12k camper wagon
    Is that guy working, or on welfare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

:eek: People who are considering the idea want to run it past you ?

That's it, Ben is getting comfy in preparation for his Ask Ben the Personal Finance Expert slot. Is Joe really advocating that people ring in to ask people for Bens advice on going to the north for bankruptcy ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Tisserand wrote: »
    Is that guy working, or on welfare?
    I think he said both he and his wife are working

Within 3 years he's fallen behind on a €400,000 mortgage. That's pretty shocking but its not just the banks fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Even if they can afford their mortgage ?

Yes of course. If you are in neg equity of we'll say 200k that's 200k you'll never see as the value will never return and you can wipe that off in 15 months then you'd be a fool not to do that.

Now I know the argument is you took the loan now pay it back but if the avenue is there that you can start with a clean slate then you should look after numero uno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Surely it's not just as easy as moving to Newry for a year? Serious question?

I would be heading to the airport if i was him

• Advertisement

"I was speaking to Ben Dunne..":D

Meathlass wrote: »

The north is too close

London is where you go

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

To Hell or to Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Aubrey listening with glee. Newry here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

God bens got the answer to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

The more I listen the more I think this is really irresponsible boardcasting. Ben Dunne is encouraging people to do something which may not work for everyone. He has no financial background and he's not outlining what I'm sure are the serious consequences of these actions. It's ok for BD to advocate this, as the old saying goes "If you owe €100,000 you have a problem but if you owe €10m the bank has a problem".

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Yes of course. If you are in neg equity of we'll say 200k that's 200k you'll never see as the value will never return and you can wipe that off in 15 months then you'd be a fool not to do that.

Now I know the argument is you took the loan now pay it back but if the avenue is there that you can start with a clean slate then you should look after numero uno

So your advocating the following, you get a mortgage for whatever amount for whatever term. The property is worth less than you purchased it but it doesn't matter because the mortgage is still the same as what it was when you took it out.

And you think you should run from this mortgage ? It's idea like this that encompasses the model hazard issue which is delaying any sort of movement in this problem much to the disadvantage to people who are in real financial trouble.

Breaking news: Rent increases in Newry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Joe is our very own Moses as history will record that in 2013 Ben Dunne and Joe Duffy were responsible for the migration of 300,000 people over the border.
    Joes next project will be the parting of the red sea

The more I listen the more I think this is really irresponsible boardcasting.

This subject comes up the day Joseph's wages are going to be slashed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

CRY!!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Joe is our very own Moses as history will record that in 2013 Ben Dunne and Joe Duffy were responsible for the migration of 300,000 people over the border.

He ll have to do the loaves and fishes trick on his salary.

That_Guy wrote: »
    CRY!!

He's pushing her, give him time to get those tears.

Plenty of room in Dundrum love

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good riddance. Greedy feckers who ruined the country. I'll drive them all to the airport, free of charge.

Don't bother coming back after 15 months either please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Oooh shes close to cracking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Jesus, those bankers are monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Whats this one on about?

Boo f**king hoo

We are going over the edge here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 borderbadger

JM Skipton wrote: »

If anybody is responsible for 300.000 or 30000 people going over the border its the banks and our idiot politicians that came up with the bankers insolvency charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement