Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Child is a brat ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Right. And you're only ringing up about this now caller? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Child is a brat ffs.
    The child was under the age of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Child is a brat ffs.
    Have much experience with two-year olds, do you?
    Being strapped into a chair is a completely over the top response for the actions of someone barely old enough to walk, let alone reason what they are doing is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe doesn't like to have to pay a replacement presenter out of his fee to go down to the court for a libel process!

By replacement presenter, you mean Damo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

syklops wrote: »
    By replacement presenter, you mean Damo.
    Well I always hope for PBH, so didn't want to jinx it by naming him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe: "Mary, you didnt watch last nite"
    Mary: "No, Joe I didnt".
    Joe: "Whoooooiiiyyyyy??"
    Mary: "Cos I have Sky, Joe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

15 minutes in and there has been no callers on yet saying a mothers place should be in the home raising the kids. Joe is a bit slack today.

And we are back to blaming the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

And we are back to blaming the government.

I blame Lehman Brothers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

ThisRegard wrote: »
    15 minutes in and there has been no callers on yet saying a mothers place should be in the home raising the kids. Joe is a bit slack today.

And nobody phoning in saying that this stuff could equally as well be going on in the child's home. Equally as horrendous, but no inspections there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"You watched the show. And aren't RTE great aren't they?"

With all the families struggling, and all the hundreds of thousands of people out of work, why is childcare so expensive? Someone said earlier that they spend a mortgage a month on childcare. Instead of sending your kids into a creche where there is 10 kids to every adult, surely arrangements can be made with people you know?

My mum was trying to watch it, Joe, but the baby kept crying so she had to give the child a clatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

My mum was trying to watch it, Joe, but the baby kept crying so she had to give the child a clatter.

that was a good laugh. Bravo

With all the families struggling, and all the hundreds of thousands of people out of work, why is childcare so expensive? Someone said earlier that they spend a mortgage a month on childcare. Instead of sending your kids into a creche where there is 10 kids to every adult, surely arrangements can be made with people you know?

Not all families are struggling. And professionals generally are friends with other professionals who all probably work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is there going to be any balance to this subject. As usual RTE do a hatchet job on an entire industry.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Is there going to be any balance to this subject. As usual RTE do a hatchet job on an entire industry.

Joe does a hatchet job, not unexpected really. Even the way he says "these operators" has a bit of disdain in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I blame Lehman Brothers

They must be first cousins of the Lenihan brothers ? ;)

so it's car-creche radio for the day. hmmm, sun shining out there, half price fish'n'chips at all the Italian chippers today.......think I'll take a walk. By the time I get back it'll still be Groundhog Day on Da Lahhhvhlahn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

They're the lowest payed in the country and thats why they turn on the kids.

Thats ok then, Keep bashing away then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not all families are struggling. And professionals generally are friends with other professionals who all probably work too.

Well I know not all families are struggling. I was recently looking for someone to go and pick something up for me between the hours on 9am and 4pm, and everyone in my circle of friends was working.

"Are they unionised"

Good idea, Joe, create the circumstances where none of the staff can be fired, just like the public service..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Being poorly paid doesn't give you a licence to terrorise toddlers :mad:

Current caller basically saying that stupid girls are the ones that go into childcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Blame the Career Guidance Teachers

They're the lowest payed in the country and thats why they turn on the kids.

Thats ok then, Keep bashing away then :rolleyes:

And if you're paying a mortgage a month(~1000?) and according to the report, and correct me if Im wrong, the ratio set down in the guidelines is 10 kids to ever 1 adult, it doesn't sound like they are too badly paid to me.

-- oh lovely a preacher teacher... did he say she's from the wesht ?
    Whats her point here. We need to look at who's minding the children.
    Great stuff

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fallout from a property boom is the answer to that. People end up living all over the place these days, it's impossible for a lot of people to make arrangements with family to cover childcare. Besides you don't want to dump your kids on grandparents who might just be beginning to enjoy retirement.

Outside of close family, you'd be paying the same to anyone else to mind your kids as you would to a creche, or close enough to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

There are no working terms and conditions that warrant or justify the treatment of small children as seen on last night's program.

• Advertisement

this is the new ear candy for Joe and the liveline... This will probably go on for a while. Its one of those eternal subjetcts, we could talk about it forever and after.
    Joe has a few kids, were they in the little angels creche ? or did Mrs Duffy take control ?

In any case the press media coverage of this cant do any harm and might have some benefits for the little sprogs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement