Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

But sure couldn't you say that about lots of careers? Like if you can get 600 points in your leaving, you'll be pushed into medecine, even if you have the bedside manner of an armadillo.

I agree with that lady, the girls in my year with zero ambition not to mention anti social tendencies were pushed to apply for plc childcare courses, it was the easiest course to get into, that's a great criteria for minding kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ah piss off with your bs gift from God crap ...

idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

syklops wrote: »
    And if you're paying a mortgage a month(~1000?) and according to the report, and correct me if Im wrong, the ratio set down in the guidelines is 10 kids to ever 1 adult, it doesn't sound like they are too badly paid to me.

It would appear however that creche owners are well paid. 10 euro an hour is very low pay for anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The best gift he's, ever got. Bet he won't be saying that in 17 years time when he's got to call to the local garda station to pick up his best gift for being drunk & disorderly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There are no working terms and conditions that warrant or justify the treatment of small children as seen on last night's program.
    I completely agree, there was a lady on the programme last night, she expected a toddler to go to sleep after she grabbed his cuddly toy off him and told him that she was putting it in the bin. What a heartless witch:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

the_monkey wrote: »
    ah piss off with your bs gift from God crap ...

idiot

He's right. Most parents view their children as extremely precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Commoditised, I think she means. This Liveline is horrendous, tarring all crèches with the one brush without any balance - it's the equivalent of his show that almost caused a run on the banks a few years ago.

I haven't seen the show yet, I'm not sure I want to. Anyone who treats a small child in the way that has been described should be fired at the very least and jailed (or horsewhipped, I'm not fussy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Did you see the one child that they flushed down the toilet Joe... It's a disgrace Joe and disgrace".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I completely agree, there was a lady on the programme last night, she expected a toddler to go to sleep after she grabbed his cuddly toy off him and told him that she was putting it in the bin. What a heartless witch:mad:

My jaw was on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

But sure couldn't you say that about lots of careers? Like if you can get 600 points in your leaving, you'll be pushed into medecine, even if you have the bedside manner of an armadillo.

:mad:

I am outraged at your comment. For your information armadillos have excellent bedside manner.

Educate yourself about the gentle and intelligent personalities of armadillos before you go pointing fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

didn`t see the Prime time program last night, but I heard a suggestion somewhere this morning that the workers involved in the mis-treatment were not Irish?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And if you have a child which died you'd appreciate them even more.

:mad: I am outraged at your comment. For your information armadillos have excellent bedside manner.

I think you are a bit oversensitive and need to grow a harder shell..

signostic wrote: »
    didn`t see the Prime time program last night, but I heard a suggestion somewhere this morning that the workers involved in the mis-treatment were not Irish?

All the ones I saw were Irish.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That girl is a childminder or a teacher? Sounds a tad "Aww" "Oh" condescending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That's alright then. :rolleyes: What is it with our obsession with distancing ourselves for our own problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!

This has nothing to do with MONEY. its about the mentality of the Minders, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Giving out about Fianna Fail. This won't last long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

All the ones I saw were Irish.

Damn thats put the skids on the xenophobes and bigots. :P

I think you are a bit oversensitive and need to grow a harder shell..

I am a bit soft, on the inside.

Crunchie on the outside though ;)

I really dont understand RTE.. Promoting John Murray's show... While he's away on sick leave and Miriam is like, presenting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Absolutely, I do too, but saying they are a gift from God is arrogant and selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Current caller basically saying that stupid girls are the ones that go into childcare.

not entirely false. But if we attach low wages and low prestige to jobs, it's not surprising that only 'the dregs' end up doing them (especially when there is significantly more prestige and money in doing the similar job of school teaching)
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Joe does a hatchet job, not unexpected really. Even the way he says "these operators" has a bit of disdain in his voice.
    He does seem to have a disdain for business people (except the ordinary Joe builder/carpenter type) - rather like an aristocrat with 10,000 acres looking down on factory owners for seeking 'profit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

What was that ad about 6 bottles of wine for free or something in Supervalu?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bloody Foreigners, if its not bad enough that they come in here and Take our Jobs, Women and Social Welfare, now their Bashing our Kids.

Is there no stopping them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

"Did you see the one child that they flushed down the toilet Joe... It's a disgrace Joe and disgrace".

mad story from china. thay also have baby milk powder that kills the babbies. And a one child per family legislation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

the_monkey wrote: »
    Absolutely, I do too, but saying they are a gift from God is arrogant and selfish.

If I'd been trying for years, or on a waiting list for adoption, or after spending thousands on IVF, I might look on a child in such a fashion. Why what *he* thinks of *his* child warrants such a disparaging post from you escapes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

i see blaming the maFFia didnt last long!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement