Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

I hope those abusive "child minders" who were featured in last night's programme are prosecuted for assault and child abuse, although seeing as this is Ireland, I wouldn't be banking on it.

These sons of b's need to be identified and lynched.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

She SKY PLUSSED IT :eek:.

I hope she doesnt complain now that she has no money
    Good Cop/Bad Cop.....This is good (child minder) cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"Little Harvard" :rolleyes:

Pretentious much?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

So if you had a child that can crawl...where do you put them when you need to have pee? Or a shower? :)

(Don't worry, these are things I never thought of before I had a kid myself!)

Ivy, I'm delighted to hear that you still can put children in a playpen, believe me. It's just I have never ever seen one in any of my family or friends houses who have children. and I simply assumed they weren't used any longer. If I had a toddler, and i needed to do things, then a play pen it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

joe316 wrote: »
    Whats the betting this one has the manager about to scream into her face if doesnt big it up enough.
    Sure they have had people posting on boards in the last week as well saying that the mistreatment was the fault of the undercover reporter who wasn't pulling her weight and so putting stress on the one that was abusing the kids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You can take the woman out of D4, .. etc

Tisserand wrote: »
    Ivy, I'm delighted to hear that you still can put children in a playpen, believe me. It's just I have never ever seen one in any of my family or friends houses who have children. and I simply assumed they weren't used any longer. If I had a toddler, and i needed to do things, then a play pen it would be.
    Oh there are a lot of people that frown on them but if the child isn't walking, I can't see a problem with them personally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

whats this girls point, im lost now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

You can take the woman out of D4, .. etc

.....toad-alley!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Sure they have had people posting on boards in the last week as well saying that the mistreatment was the fault of the undercover reporter who wasn't pulling her weight and so putting stress on the one that was abusing the kids!

Didnt see that, was that in AH? Would love to meet any of those b***hes (and lets be honest they should be called worse) if any of them did anything like to my baby (and even before this he was never going in a creche) I would put them through a wall, wouldnt care if they were a woman, they are beating up babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fab roight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Thank god!!!

Someone said it!! Fair play to that woman.

I applaud you!!

whats this girls point, im lost now :confused:

She thinks she's on hold chatting to some bored receptionist in RTE while waiting to get on Mooney's money quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Tisserand wrote: »

None of our kids could stand being in a pen for more than a few minutes - we have a travel cot with mesh sides, rather than the wooden bar style playpen.

IRRC, the cot was used as a temporary holding pen while ablutions were performed (that, and timing said ablutions when they were napping!)

"He was a better worker than I was"...

That's a great point to finish on..

joe316 wrote: »
    Didnt see that, was that in AH? Would love to meet any of those b***hes (and lets be honest they should be called worse) if any of them did anything like to my baby (and even before this he was never going in a creche) I would put them through a wall, wouldnt care if they were a woman, they are beating up babies.
    There was a thread in AH last week/end when the leak came out about the primetime special.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That is disgusting, the fact that a male cannot be left alone with kids. It's sick, it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

europa11 wrote: »
    She thinks she's on hold chatting to some bored receptionist in RTE while waiting to get on Mooney's money quiz.

She would'nt be far off with that taught to be fair :D

Yakuza wrote: »
    None of our kids could stand being in a pen for more than a few minutes (now, we have a travel cot (with mesh sides, rather than the wooden bar style one).

IRRC, the cot was used as a temporary holding pen while ablutions were performed (that, and timing said ablutions when they were napping!)
    God my little fella loves the playpen! It's a big one with wooden bars, so he has a lot of space to move around. And now he's pulling himself up with the bars and learning to walk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Didn't see the programme but haven't all high chairs got a safety harness, to strap a child in, for their own safety??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Talking about forum on the internet = next caller.

Didn't see the programme but haven't all high chairs got a safety harness, to strap a child in, for their own safety??:confused:
    Yep but you don't leave the child in one for 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeah but they left the poor childer in it for 2 hours

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes, for when they are being fed. They're not a holding pen to be used for hours on end.

God my little fella loves the playpen! It's a bit one with wooden bars, so he has a lot of space to move around. And now he's pulling himself up with the bars and learning to walk in it.

tumblr_m8ljbld1vW1rvjt2vo2_500.gif
    ;)

withless wrote: »
    Talking about forum on the internet = next caller.

Joe doesnt believe in anonymous polls, unless their HIS anonymous polls... well unless there his anonymous polls that havent been hijacked by the shinners.. AND give him the result he wants..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

These werent high chairs, they were kiddie chairs. If a child fell out of one it's behind would fall about 6 inches. One little fella was trying to walk with his chair still strapped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

syklops wrote: »
    These werent high chairs, they were kiddie chairs. If a child fell out of one it's behind would fall about 6 inches. One little fella was trying to walk with his chair still strapped on.

Sorry, thought someone said they were strapped into high chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yakuza wrote: »
    I haven't seen the show yet, I'm not sure I want to.

Bah, it's not on the RTE player. I didn't watch or record it last night as I'd assumed I'd be able to catch it online.
    A discussion chaired by Claire Byrne into the standards in childcare in Ireland. Wherever possible, we endeavour to make as many programmes as possible available to our audience on RTÉ Player. With regard to this edition of Prime Time: A Breach of Trust, RTÉ made an agreement with the parents that the footage would be broadcast last night only. An on-demand viewing facility would clearly breach that agreement. It was also the express wish of the parents of the children involved that no creche footage be reproduced in broadcast, print or online. We regret that, on this occasion, it will not be possible to facilitate requests to view this edition on RTÉ Player.

On reflection, I guess it's fair enough that the parents of the kids in question would only want it broadcast once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I think people are misunderstanding me, lets leave it there - maybe I can't express myself well.

Or maybe I have a begrudery toward religion.

But I never meant to imply he doesn't have anything but positive feelings towards his kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement