Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can you blame those staff members for losing the rag, even hardman Arnie can't handle it....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That_Guy wrote: »
    Which one of ya owns the fake Joe Duffy account on Twitter?

:pac:

Just on your wan the other day, this is class. Which one of you is Seamus?!
    Dr Danielle Meagher ‏@DanielleTV2012 28 May
    Just on the JoeDuffy Show talking about the rickshaw accident ....Joe was ever so nice and can't believe I was finally able to talk about it
    Seamus McGinty ‏@Finn_Mc_Cumhai 28 May
    @DanielleTV2012 jesus you sounded like a complete twat.just whats wrong with this country
    Dr Danielle Meagher ‏@DanielleTV2012 7h
    @Finn_Mc_Cumhai obviously you're illiterate as you cannot spell & your grammar is appauling but are you also THICK?
    Seamus McGinty ‏@Finn_Mc_Cumhai 7h
    @DanielleTV2012 Thank you for the lesson on my grammer and spelling.But you are still a self centered,obnoxious egotistical unimportant twat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Quote:
    Dr Danielle Meagher ‏@DanielleTV2012 28 May
    Just on the JoeDuffy Show talking about the rickshaw accident ....Joe was ever so nice and can't believe I was finally able to talk about it

She should have a look at her own grammar. Or maybe it's Joe who can't believe she was finally able to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

you're illiterate as you cannot spell & your grammar is appauling but are you also THICK?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dr Danielle Meagher ‏@DanielleTV2012 7h
    @Finn_Mc_Cumhai obviously you're illiterate as you cannot spell & your grammar is appauling but are you also THICK?

McKean's Law strikes again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Delighted methanol poisoning in Indonesia will be discussed today. It is still happening in Bali and some of the other smaller islands and is probably a result of both a) poor distilling and b) adding methanol deliberately to make it stretch further. It's usually only mentioned in official warnings as only affecting arak but people have died from all kinds of cocktails and 'sealed' bottles of spirits too. This almost certainly claimed the life of my friend and boardsie Rozabeez whose second anniversary occurs tomorrow but she is unlikely to be mentioned as there was an open verdict. Please listen up though and get anyone heading there to listen too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good man Frank Nama

confidence and stability for the elite while the rest of us are thrown to the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yakuza wrote: »
    Bah, it's not on the RTE player. I didn't watch or record it last night as I'd assumed I'd be able to catch it online.

On reflection, I guess it's fair enough that the parents of the kids in question would only want it broadcast once.

Its up on youtube if anyone wants to see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Delighted methanol poisoning in Indonesia will be discussed today. It is still happening in Bali and some of the other smaller islands and is probably a result of both a) poor distilling and b) adding methanol deliberately to make it stretch further. It's usually only mentioned in official warnings as only affecting arak but people have died from all kinds of cocktails and 'sealed' bottles of spirits too. This almost certainly claimed the life of my friend and boardsie Rozabeez whose second anniversary occurs tomorrow but she is unlikely to be mentioned as there was an open verdict. Please listen up though and get anyone heading there to listen too!!

Happened in the Czech Republic only 9 months ago. 38 people died.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Czech_Republic_methanol_poisonings

edir2: In that case it had been added into the food chain deliberately/knowingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jesus. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Very sad item, it reminds me of Rozabeez (RIP) :(
    Popular blogger dies during dream holiday to Bali

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/popular-blogger-dies-during-dream-holiday-to-bali-26741244.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus !! , im just on, how was she poisoned ? deliberate or accidental ?

Methanol poisoning can be treated with ethanol(alcohol).

As he said though, if you're on a remote island, only a doctor would know the right dosage.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Jesus !! , im just on, how was she poisoned ? deliberate or accidental ?

She was poisoned with methanol. It wasn't on purpose, but its unclear whether it was in the food chain as a result of poor distillation, or from people adding it to spirit bottles to 'cut' or spread out alcohol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Remember -

You can't travel the world thinking that everyone is a 'potential friend'

my friend wrote: »
    Remember -

Says 'my friend'.

I thought that the methanol threat would have been potentially threatening to tourism in Bali, however the prospect of meeting so many Australians would be more off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

my friend wrote: »
    Remember -

Yes, but did you hear him say that they used to add it to Smirnoff bottles, no one could be expected to know about that.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Yes, but did you hear him say that they used to add it to Smirnoff bottles, no one could be expected to know about that.

I consider Smirnoff a health threat anyways, wouldn't drink that piss.

Abbey Street again. They should just nuke that part of town with out warning.

Joe:"They're unwell"

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nothing like a bit of prejudice on da liveline.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of prejudice on da liveline.

And this is nothing like a bit of prejudice on liveline.

Unwell

real social worker speak there Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wow, Rachel died 4 years ago tomorrow and Roisin died 2 years ago tomorrow :(

The authorities don't care. It started happening in 2009 and is still happening, a British student died 2 weeks ago; she bought a bottle of gin and when she fell ill she was in the middle of a jungle. The parents of Liam Davies, who were mentioned, are doing their best and have raised awareness hugely in Australia. The facebook page mentioned is called 'A Drink to Die From'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aghhh the junkies are getting into the gathering fairly seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

"These unwell people" priceless. F off joe, "unwell".

No one gives a ****e how they look

the problem is with the crime :mad:

Joe when was the last time you were in O'Connell street / Abbey Street in daylight without your entourage of minders?

They're everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Is Joe deliberately trying to be naive here?

"How did you know they were junkies?"

"How did you know it was a tourist?"

ffs Joe, come down from your ivory tower sometime.

• Advertisement

Joe you pandering prick, call a spade a spade

Addicts are zombies and they are running the show in the city centre

Well done hand holder dicks that assist them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement