Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunmore East being laid waste by Funny Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

mike65 wrote: »
    Dunmore East being laid waste by Funny Friday

:eek: I thought you were kidding mike......and this is only after Syl and Doc's rehearsals last night. Can't imagine what will be left after Balloon Rogers lets off a couple of her caterwaul laughs.

sandy-hurricane-1040cs110512.jpg

P.S. Might as well get this out of the way before 1:45.

That's it. I'm out! :D

See ye Tuesday, have a good one everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe doesn't like mentioning other capital cities in Europe "because the embassies will be on"

There was silly me thinking it was because he can't pronounce one of them properly...

Stock-hollum.....Koe-pin-haaagin........Liz-bonn.......Hell-singeee....Doobleeen :D

edit: and of course Buke-a-rest!

boooodapest, vie-enna,
    signostic wrote: »
    its his city and he will want the city council to put up a statue of himself when he retires..

Maybe with a button on it that could play one of his catchphrases.
    my friend wrote: »
    The Abbey Street Bridge.

Fukc the 'stakeholders'

That's what I'm calling it.
    Bit confusing for tourists, given that it doesn't actually touch Abbey St. Then again, every city and town in Ireland goes out of its way to be confusing to tourists. Sure if you don't know your way around you shouldn't be there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I lasted 60 seconds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

has the misery started yet? Are the residents of Dunmore asleep yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Due to all the laughter I am now bereft of ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I had to switch it off I was laughing so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Turns on radio.

Its funny friday

Turns off radio.

There was someone doing very forced laughing, which would put anyobe off. Whats on Newstalk today?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah no first day I have time to listen and its this crap!

• Advertisement

any creche jokes yet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ok now this is a serious question, does anyone find this funny? I asked my grandparents who listen to Live Lahnnnn every day and even they don't listen on FF. So who does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

syklops wrote: »
    There was someone doing very forced laughing, which would put anyobe off. Whats on Newstalk today?

moncrief will be doing his usual shtick, beers that cost 6 euro and movies in which nothing actually happens, yet the protagonist is enriched by the experience. still better than funny Friday though

moncrief will be doing his usual shtick, beers that cost 6 euro and movies in which nothing actually happens, yet the protagonist is enriched by the experience. still better than funny Friday though

Currently he is talking about people doing atrocities during wars. Im snoozing between bites of my wrap.

pc7 wrote: »
    ok now this is a serious question, does anyone find this funny? I asked my grandparents who listen to Live Lahnnnn every day and even they don't listen on FF. So who does?

My mother seriously thinks its hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That O'Sheas chipper in Dunmore East that they all just got a voucher for is absolutely gorgeous, one of the bet chippers in the country, the fish is nom nom

JM Skipton wrote: »

To quote the man himself 'Wow, just Wow!'

I'm off to movies and booze have a good one boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Nice rape joke by the wheezer earlier.

That FF joke didn't go over on that crowd:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

syklops wrote: »
    There was someone doing very forced laughing,

Thats Doc, it shows you're not great if you have to laugh along to your own jokes.:mad::mad::mad:

Liked Syl's jokes at the start of the show.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is she from Clontarf too? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

So whats on the menu today chef ; a tug on hunger strike, the leaving cert uuummm teachers, creche crisis, shatters dodgy memory, gilmore's plonk... ?
    Joe should be buzzing after the long weekend in waterford listening to WLR FM ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TheVman wrote: »
    So whats on the menu today chef ; a tug on hunger strike, the leaving cert uuummm teachers, creche crisis, shatters dodgy memory, gilmore's plonk... ?
    Joe should be buzzing after the long weekend in waterford listening to WLR FM ;o)

The weather and how it's too warm and the government are to blame and people should be getting money for having to exist in this weather. Something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The weather and how it's too warm and the government are to blame and people should be getting money for having to exist in this weather. Something like that.
    I expect the RTE ban on advertising of certain foods on daytime or children's TV will get an airing. There is a national fear that our children will become cheese junkies.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I expect the RTE ban on advertising of certain foods on daytime or children's TV will get an airing. There is a national fear that our children will become cheese junkies.:(
    Yet again, people who can do things in moderation are being punished (why I can't buy a bottle of wine before 10am if that's when I decide to do my shopping, is beyond me).

Yet again, people who can do things in moderation are being punished (why I can't buy a bottle of wine before 10am if that's when I decide to do my shopping, is beyond me).

The question is though, can you be trusted not to drink it before 10am?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And if she does, can she be trusted not to go back and buy another bottle at half 9? ;)

Because the nanny state Government know what's best for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lapin wrote: »
    And if she does, can she be trusted not to go back and buy another bottle at half 9? ;)
    Yes I can.

(¬_¬)

*hic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The state obviously realises that your an amateur if you dont have a bottle of vodka for the corn flakes in the morning, and punishes your mistake..

Fekn nanny state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did anybody tune in for unFunny Friday... or The Great Unpleasantness as I call it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement