Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why didnt they just paint a target on their backs... That particular act of triumphalism is gonna be worth at least a bag of begging letters a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I thought that there was a nice touch of irony with the 'carpenter' guy who had a conviction not being able to emigrate to Canada - probably wouldn't need to go abroad to seek work if we had proper immigration controls in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I thought that there was a nice touch of irony with the 'carpenter' guy who had a conviction not being able to emigrate to Canada - probably wouldn't need to go abroad to seek work if we had proper immigration controls in Ireland.
    Sorry but what a load of BS. What does immigration into Ireland have to do with either unemployment levels in the building trades, and with the fact that a guy with multiple convictions not getting a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry but what a load of BS. What does immigration into Ireland have to do with either unemployment levels in the building trades, and with the fact that a guy with multiple convictions not getting a job?

My point was that if Ireland had proper vetting of people coming into the country a lot less people would get in -period. A lot less in means more employment opportunities for our own people first. Sorry if that's not clear or PC enough for you. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

My point was that if Ireland had proper vetting of people coming into the country a lot less people would get in -period. A lot less in means more employment opportunities for our own people first. Sorry if that's not clear or PC enough for you. :rolleyes:
    Yes, it's important that we prioritise our own criminals ahead of honest people from abroad! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I dont know what Liveline think they're gonna do.. What do you say to people, dont drink in Indonesia... And something similar happened to a girl in England a while back, after she drank one of those bespoke cocktails in a club.

Err, raise awareness, which is the whole point. There is still a very low level of awareness about methanol poisoning, but it is still killing people. And yes, don't drink in Bali and the Gili islands in particular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

He sounded like as we say here a local "character"

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

All the sun burned people on today to complain about the guberment fecking up the sun. A few laughs please please..
    I got it wrong yesterday, thought we might have a bit of teacher bashing fun for the leaving cert.
    Maybe today.

Surprised by some of the posts on immigration control to reduce the numbers of people coming into the country... Mad.
    Better off concentrating on overhauling some other areas (example irish industrial policy) to address the unemployment problems.

And we are all for raising awareness on the tragic issue of methanol poisining however the misery related to alcohol go's beyond bali and gili. A bit of a joke really, that brain dead maggot Simon who was banned off the road for four years for being bearly over the limit and just happened to have a few other convictions for drugs just happened to get nabbed the day his best friend got killed by a drunk driver.. oh man...
    We can single out bali if thats whats easy for Joe (what i loved in bali was the way they celebrate the dead its like a party for the big send off, such a joyous occasion... thought it was great and did'nt see too many falling around vomiting, or getting into cars after buckets of booze)
    On the news every second day the deaths on the roads but you still dont see people leaving the cars at home and taking the bicycle or the public transport....
    Better calm down.... Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

TheVman wrote: »
    Surprised by some of the posts on immigration control to reduce the numbers of people coming into the country... Mad.

I posted that Ireland should control who enters the country like Canada and Australia do

anyone with serious convictions should not be let near the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I posted that Ireland should control who enters the country like Canada and Australia do

That's fair enough. But the other poster saying that that clown wouldn't have to leave the country if there were proper immigration controls in Ireland is ridiculous, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Unfortunately my ability to listen to liveline live may be curtailed a lot. But watch now as the grind colleges will be out first thing bitching about what wasn't on the exam today.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Unfortunately my ability to listen to liveline live may be curtailed a lot. But watch now as the grind colleges will be out first thing bitching about what wasn't on the exam today.

and the mammies on thinking its the end of the world:)

wasnt referring to your post :eek:

rip off ireland

Simon's problem again

a livid pensioner

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Damo's doing GAA aswell as farming and joes stand in. Do they not have people in the sports dept who can do that or is Damo RTEs Culchies affairs correspondent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I didn't hear yesterdays Livewhine, but I'm disgusted with it I am.

If Simon (not his real name?) showed jin-u-wine remorse then he should be taken in by the Canucks, ffs!

:)

Hitchens wrote: »
    I didn't hear yesterdays Livewhine, but I'm disgusted with it I am.

:)

If Simon (not his real name?) showed jin-u-wine remorse then he should be taken in by the Canucks, ffs!

He could join the mounted police in canada, like that he's not risking his license.

You dont need an license to drive a horse Simon and you could drink and do the drugs...

Go for it....

Not long now !

Brians in shock in over the lions win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

WTF happened ?

was he in the zoo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Id say they did it because if he drives like he talks they were bored into it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its terrible I watch so many US shows if I ever have to call the Guards I'd probably ring 911! :o

they were unwell Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

pc7 wrote: »
    Its terrible I watch so many US shows if I ever have to call the Guards I'd probably ring 911! :o

112 or 999, sounds like you need to get back in touch with your Irishness!

Dublin skangers will always be Dublin skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There were girls aswell joe.

why didnt he just off drive off with the skangers on the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

pc7 wrote: »

Surprised this fella made it to the third 9 when he made the call.

mike65 wrote: »
    112 or 999, sounds like you need to get back in touch with your Irishness!

Don't you mean Oirhness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

He should of just picked out four of the scum.There all the same anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lapin wrote: »
    Surprised this fella made it to the third 9 when he made the call.

Clearly a family trait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement