Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ben is trying to start a revolution from his leather ottoman in his gated luxury mansion. His real motivation is that people have probably realised they don't need to spend their money in his cramped gyms to get fit and he wants the banks to write off debt to they can have lots more disposable income to put into his pockets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Most of the people in 'distress' seemed to have been 'different' to begin with with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 borderbadger

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yep, I don't disagree. Myself and every other tax-payer in this country will pay these peoples' debts.

Indeed , the problem is i doubt we can as a country , this may be a farce of a program but everybody posting here will be effected by its subject whether they know it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

VinLieger wrote: »
    *Newsflash* - ben dunne is mentally disturbed

All the mental hospitals and old dears in nursing homes around country are stamping their sticks and frames off the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Wouldn't ya think they'd have called that alzheimer supplement something a bit easier to remember?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

That ad for Alzheimers is driving me daft. "Do you find yourself asking the same questions again and again. "Do you find yourself asking the same questions again and again. etc. And then the Tom Crean ad comes on - again - how many times has that play been rerun and rerun and rerun, then the same topics over and over again on Liveline. I honestly don't know if I have alzheimers myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Left the bank in tears

these seem very weak people altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

sudzs wrote: »
    Wouldn't ya think they'd have called that alzheimer supplement something a bit easier to remember?!!
    Yea, I was thinking that and also why did they name dyslexia something that a dyslexic person can't read?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

ThisRegard wrote: »
    But my point is if you're planning on living there anyway, or keeping it in order to use it as a rental property, it doesn't make a difference what the negative equity is.

I don't disagree with you there.

But if you have a mortgage of 350K and the house is worth 150K. You head abroad go bankrupt and come back and get back on your feet then houses in your area might still be 150K in a few years time (dont see the prices increasing for a long time yet) so if you can get another mortgage (which i know will be an issue if you were once declared bankrupt) for 150k then you have just wiped 200k of debt off. I can tell you if you stayed in your neg equity house it would take more than a few years to wipe 200K off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

They just want you to pay back what you owe. What's wrong with that. You borrowed it..........................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Ah yes, the Bond Holders - some of which were my local credit union who lost money.

They're not all German boggy men you know

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I can tell you if you stayed in your neg equity house it would take more than a few years to wipe 200K off it.

It would take the exact amount of time to pay if off that you agreed to pay when you took out the mortgage, be it worth 100k or 500k.

By running away the debt doesn't disappear into thin air.

WTF, why is this guy let on with his 4.5 million loan at one stage ? Yeah, you learned a little too late the madness of getting loans for that much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"I've nothing Joe"

"I've two pieces of property and a car"

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

He has two pieces of property.....Meath and Cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

He has nothing. Cant afford to eat every day and says he has two properties.

It would take the exact amount of time to pay if off that you agreed to pay when you took out the mortgage, be it worth 100k or 500k.

By running away the debt doesn't disappear into thin air.

But that is the thing you go abroad and get declared bankrupt the debt does disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Yea, I was thinking that and also why did they name dyslexia something that a dyslexic person can't read?
    And why is phonetics spelled with a ph?

But that is the thing you go abroad and get declared bankrupt the debt does disappear.

Disappears from you, someone has to pay it, probably the tax payers.

Would you do the same for a car loan ? Sure everyone knows a car depreciates like nothing else. Would you say feic that bank, this car is worth less than it was yesterday, here you go, I'm not paying the rest of the loan that. Same principle you're advocating.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wonder has government HQ been on to RTE yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't disagree with you there.

But if you have a mortgage of 350K and the house is worth 150K. You head abroad go bankrupt and come back and get back on your feet then houses in your area might still be 150K in a few years time (dont see the prices increasing for a long time yet) so if you can get another mortgage (which i know will be an issue if you were once declared bankrupt) for 150k then you have just wiped 200k of debt off. I can tell you if you stayed in your neg equity house it would take more than a few years to wipe 200K off it.

Understatement of the year right there.

Whatever about how the banks are treating their current customers, there's not a hope in hells chance the bank will touch someone who fcuked off leaving their debts unpaid and then comes back looking for more. No chance. If you leave Ireland, leave and don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

He is just describing Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Suicide, unbelievable, disgrace.................................... All in one sentence. Joe must be orgasmic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This guy is talking sense. He won't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I will agree with this lad that most of them are pretty far removed from whats going on

Disappears from you, someone has to pay it, probably the tax payers.

Would you do the same for a car loan ? Sure everyone knows a car depreciates like nothing else. Would you say feic that bank, this car is worth less than it was yesterday, here you go, I'm not paying the rest of the loan that. Same principle you're advocating.

I hear what you are saying but at end of the day you gotta look after number 1.

Ben, I've done nothing wrong. That's right Ben, you keep believing that.

Ahhhh here we go...... it's not personal responsibility, it's all the Government's fault.

Ben Dunne is shameless, truly shameless.

I hear what you are saying but at end of the day you gotta look after number 1.

All you're doing is kicking a problem that never existed in this instance down the road that's going to make you're life very difficult for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Civil war?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement