Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

PauloMN wrote: »
    Understatement of the year right there.

Whatever about how the banks are treating their current customers, there's not a hope in hells chance the bank will touch someone who fcuked off leaving their debts unpaid and then comes back looking for more. No chance. If you leave Ireland, leave and don't come back.

I beg to differ if foreign banks come back into this country I guarantee they will look at these people if they believe they can pay it back

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe is throwing the cat amongst the pigeons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Feck off Ben you hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

I notice RTE and Joe never played the tape.............................................

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why have we not heard it on RTE??????:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

STOP SHOUTING BEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

what tape any links anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I beg to differ if foreign banks come back into this country I guarantee they will look at these people if they believe they can pay it back

#1 - foreign banks won't be back here. The Celtic Tiger is over and ain't coming back, at least not while you or I are alive.

#2 - if they believe they can pay it back. If they couldn't pay the first loan, and fcuked off to Newry, why would they think they can pay another loan?

Very dangerous advice from Ben Dunne tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

If I lent money to somebody and they disappear abroad without paying it back in full I would be seriously pissed off. If they then came back looking for another loan, not only would I not give it to them, I'd tell all my friends not to lend them money either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Are you serious ? You think the banks will think that someone who can pay a mortgage but does a legger purely because it's worth less now than what they paid for it are a good risk ? That's pretty deluded thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

gjc wrote: »

well you won't find any links on the RTE website4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ha.

joes not happy at all.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ad for Credit Union....lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really has been the Ben Dunne show today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

gjc wrote: »

Its on the TV3 website, Vincent Browne covered it about 3 weeks ago

VinLieger wrote: »
    Really has been the Ben Dunne show today

I called it :p

She didn't stay in England because she would never get credit of any kind there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are you serious ? You think the banks will think that someone who can pay a mortgage but does a legger purely because it's worth less now than what they paid for it are a good risk ? That's pretty deluded thinking.[/QUOT

If banks think they can make a profit they will do business with someone even if they are declared bankrupt. I have lived in the states and know people who have been made bankrupt but have got back on their feet and banks are dealing with them again. Do you think all people who are declared bankrupt are black listed for ever by the banks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

how slow was Joe on that one..

Just in the door, great liveline today..

They gave ME the mortgage Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Once again a terrible waste of a show, 75 mins of Ben dunne spouting his agenda, why didn't the Liveline team get some expert on to explain the aftermath for someone who had declared bankruptcy. What would happen when they return, re mortgages, loans, etc.

All this has done is filled people's mind with a hair brain idea of a get out clause, and not explaining the aftermath.

The banks must hate Duffy, between removing their savings and now planting the seed for bankruptcy, very irresponsible broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

How do people still not understand charities are a luxury? Pay the money you owe FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

That woman wouldn't pay their debts.

Am I right in thinking she then complained about getting only 102 pound a week from the British tax payer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Feckin eejit, why was he giving donations to charity when he can't pay his mortgage??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Best of luck to anyone looking for a decent place to rent in Newry. I tried it for a couple of months and it was soul destroying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Wish Joe would ask that lady exactly what her situation is now i.e. is she working now back here, is she planning on buying a house, has she had trouble getting loans/accounts etc., is her status as someone was was declared bankrupt going to follow her around for the rest of her life, does that matter to her etc.?

I feel that the long term effects of having been declared bankrupt are being glossed over by Ben Dunne. Sure, it rids you of a large debt, but how would you function for the rest of you life financially? I'm sure it would affect everything else you do until you die.

You would think Ben grew up in dire poverty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"If I could get away with it"

That just sums up the attitude of people who won't pay.

I'm fupping depressed listening to you Ben and the fact so many people think your ideas are great. Sad state of affairs.

• Advertisement

Once again a terrible waste of a show, 75 mins of Ben dunne spouting his agenda, why didn't the Liveline team get some expert on to explain the aftermath for someone who had declared bankruptcy. What would happen when they return, re mortgages, loans, etc.

All this has done is filled people's mind with a hair brain idea of a get out clause, and not explaining the aftermath.

The banks must hate Duffy, between removing their savings and now planting the seed for bankruptcy, very irresponsible broadcasting.

Was just typing same as you posted. Glossed over, dangerous advice from Ben Dunne, I hope people have the cop to look at that advice in detail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement