Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The reason Im still listening is because I am putting off calling a support line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even the guests sound bored and they rang in.

And is Vardy your mothers maiden name?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"Ah God".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I broke a cup in 84, I.m still devastated, pass the whiskey lapin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Think of da childer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Am I getting this right.....the "disaster" was caused by JFK and Ray Houghton....WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Surely something nice and cheerful happened around the time of JFK's visit that could be discussed, I'm not old enough to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

String it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out, string it out

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Am I getting this right.....the "disaster" was caused by JFK and Ray Houghton....WTF

No they caused "the emergency"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What a load of old rubbish... All parochial nonsense with Joe trying again trying to convince that this was driven by a caller...

Get Joe Duffy off this show. Get somebody objective to present it, and every day could be like yesterday... i.e. get two people who are having a disagreement over something, put them on air, stick on the popcorn, and wait for the sparks to fly..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

On this day 25 years ago a girl that was 2 years ahead of me in school was snogging me, taking away my innocence. I think I will ring Joe and tell him this story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Roger_007 wrote: »

Yeah, JFK came and buildings collapsed.

Luckily JKF avoided nuclear war, because God Knows how many tenements would have remained.
    It could have been a disaster.

Tisserand wrote: »
    Surely something nice and cheerful happened around the time of JFK's visit that could be discussed, I'm not old enough to remember

The American president visited. Can't remember his name...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

cracks in a building and nothing done about it, I see things havent changed really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

yop wrote: »
    No they caused "the emergency"

and "the troubles" and the present "great unpleasantness"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Please dont cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Tisserand wrote: »

Joe doesn't do nice and cheerful. If somebody rang in with a nice and cheerful story about that time, they wouldn't even get past Joe's researchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

In fairness though, if everybody in Ireland who has died was remembered, we wouldn't be able to see where we are going with plaques, statues, headstones, bridges etc. They are remembered by their families, isn't that what is most important?

Ah fk sake, blame the culchies now Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs, could somebody not at least give out about council... !!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They knocked down all the tenements and rehoused the residents in shiny modern new flats out in Ballymun.

50 years later, the decendents of those who were moved are on Liveline for being refused an ice cream cone due to the dress codes in Howth.

The people of the tenements are the real people behind the property bubble, collapsing banks and disaster.

Whats he on about Galway placenames in Dublin, because all the civil servants were from Galway? :confused:

There is no Oranmore in Dublin. Is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ffs, could somebody not at least give out about council... !!!!!

He is quick enough to savage businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

did they name a street after Missus Furey dat useta buy 5 woodbines every day in da sweet shop dat Joe had a little job in? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

syklops wrote: »
    Whats he on about Galway placenames in Dublin, because all the civil servants were from Galway? :confused:

There is no Oranmore in Dublin. Is there?

Galway has always dominated Dublin. :)

Why couldn't he have a show about a clown who urinates on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

RobertKK wrote: »
    golden shower? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RobertKK wrote: »

We had a show about clowns urinating on a tramp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement