Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

sorry

what the hell is this about?

lesbian godparents by the sound of it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you dont like the rules join a different club

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

She should move to Galway. My sister and I were godparent's to my other sister's baby 3 years ago. Two females. No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

neris wrote: »
    lesbian godparents by the sound of it. :confused:

Could they not just let the butch one be the godfather.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Her faith is about as strong as weak tea.

• Advertisement

Tisserand wrote: »
    She should move to Galway. My sister and I were godparent's to my other sister's baby 3 years ago. Two females. No problem.

Ah no, that's common enough in Kildare as well... i.e. lads marrying their sister.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We'll have none of that kind of thing here.
    Careful, now.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Next topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This caller has only now discovered that the church is self-serving and women hating.

Has she been asleep for 20 years?

Bye, go then go, be gone.

She is still talking....

• Advertisement

you do realise caller the whole church thing is just makey up fairy tale type stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

A humanist Christening. I've heard it all now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Is she a regular member of the church, or just someone who feels like marching in there once a decade for baptisms/communions?

I don't have much time for the church, but it's their house and their rules.

If she doesn't like that she should join some crowd who do agree with her way of thinking.

I dont know whats involved but we are doing it anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Im gone ..........shag off so........no loss and take all those people who think like you too ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Humanist ceremony -
    "Are yez alive?"
    "Grand, so."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

A humanist Christening. I've heard it all now :D

I am sure they have too :pac:

has he nothing better to worry about?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Criticising silly church policies? Jwoah won't like that, he was barking at her from the get go.

He seems a little more cranky than usual today tbh.

Ah, Ballyer...bingo!

Can someone get this caller a life please. if NDP signs are a major worry to you then you have a very easy life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

neris wrote: »
    you do realise caller the whole church thing is just makey up fairy tale type stuff

ssshhhhhhhh!

If she cottons on to that, tey'll have to call off the apres-baptism piss-up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

A hermaphrodite cud be god mother and god father.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

That christening/godparents topic was only discussed lately, and I remember these NDP signs being discussed a while back too.
    Next please.

europa11 wrote: »
    Is she a regular member of the church, or just someone who feels like marching in there once a decade for baptisms/communions?

I don't have much time for the church, but it's their house and their rules.

If she doesn't like that she should join some crowd who do agree with her way of thinking.

She is not a regular church goer. Her attitude says it all. If her faith was strong, the rules in regards to Godparents wouldn't make one look to Humanist ceremony.
    She could have went to the Protestant church given Baptism in a Protestant church and vice versa is recognised by each.

what a absolute twat

Narky

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Wicklow 200 ????

they are all out today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This guy will tell us what he's on for shortly..............hold............yawn

• Advertisement

Im gone ..........shag off so........no loss and take all those people who think like you too ffs.

Kind of reminds me of a story I was reciting about myself... I sent a CV in to a company about a contract lower level IT job. To appear proactive, I rang the company to follow up and make sure that they'd got the CV.

I was put through to the guy who was doing the hiring, and he started talking down to me.. "well those CVs were meant to be in last week, you should have done this, you should have done that"..... I said "okay, we'll if you're gonna be like that maybe I WONT come and work for your company then" .. and I hung up, very satisfied with myself until I realised I still didnt have any work..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement