Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oh jeez, there was a Duffy on top of her.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

There must be some two-room stone cottage around the country somewhere that collapsed in 1963 - just to balance up the topic somehow Dublin vs rest of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"well apart from the kids that were killed"..

What a stupid remark..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did they all get the scurvy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe must have been looking for some presenting gig to do with JFK, didn't get it, and this is his stroppy revenge.

• Advertisement

Some day I'm goin to phone in and start talking about the streets in my town and I'll presume that he and the rest if the nation knows what I'm talking about ffs

News flash: there are 31 other counties in the country, stop being so bleeding self indulgent

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You just know by the tone of Duffy's voice that he isn't going to like this caller

I started using them eight weeks ago and now I can leap tall buildings, Joe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

why did he ask him why he gave up cigs, when he went and answered it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

30 euro a day :eek: did he say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You would want to be Joe Duffy to be able to afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He's an acerbic buffoon of a man. What's his big beef with e-cigs or vaping?

There's legislation afoot to prohibit hosts from airing their own views. Wonder how that will affect our genial and cosmopolitan host?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They need to send out an instruction booklet to people how to use their fkn phones..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

signostic wrote: »
    What were the buildings called before they were called tenements?these building must have been new at some stage.

They were Georgian houses and would have been lived in by one family and their servants over the 4 floors. When the Act of Union was passed in 1801 all politicans and rich merchants left for the parliament in London and during the 19th century these houses were sold to developers and landlords who rented them out to poorer families by the room. In the late 19th century Dublin had the biggest slums in the British Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I hope someone from a headshop rings in and tells Joe how much money he is making from e cigarettes and fake E too.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

jesus Duffy is a grumpy bollix today.. Finishing everyone's sentences, cutting people short....

JFK spinning in his grave, getting the blame for all these disasters. What is this obsession with connecting JFK visit to these tenements collapsing.
    Next weeks programme will be dedicated to disasters that happened during the visits of Reagan, Nixon, Clinton, Bush and Obama. Oh wait, Obama will be in Enniskillen next week - everyone down into their bunkers, quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe sounded exactly like Dave McSavage there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I turned the radio off when Joe compared the building collapse in Mumbai where nearly 2000 people died, to a tenement collapse in 1963 where 2 girls died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Jaysus I'm from Clontarf and I am sick to death of of all this Dublin-Clontarf-Ballyfermot guff, there is definitely a disproportionate amount of callers and topics from these areas

• Advertisement

Tisserand wrote: »
    JFK spinning in his grave, getting the blame for all these disasters. What is this obsession with connecting JFK visit to these tenements collapsling.
    Well, imagine the nerve of the man, making his visit co-incide with a tenement collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Eye-talians Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

A cocktail bomb lol.

This is so boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

No mention of RTE dropping the Premier League Saturday soccer on today's show, a current event and one that deserves some airtime I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The gasman always knocks 4 times

Fianna Fail were in government at the time of JFKs visit Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

signostic wrote: »
    No mention of RTE dropping the Premier League Saturday soccer on today's show, a current event and one that deserves some airtime I would think.

What! Are they going to have another highlights show so?

I hope this gasman wasn't at the collapsed one the day before.

• Advertisement

Joe does Dublin no favours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement