Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ALL ABOARD

258138.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Tisserand wrote: »
    Fianna Fail were in government at the time of JFKs visit Joe

Dev was the Pres I think, whether or not he was able to see JFK is debatable

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Meathlass wrote: »
    What! Are they going to have another highlights show so?

No, they need the money for liveline.

They could have taken the Greek option and saved people €160 a year for Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Ah Mother of God.

joe_duffy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm not sure what amused me more today.

The story of the man who started smoking when he was 4 and then smoked 2 e-cigs at the same time.

Or the story of the salt-of-the-earth smelling-of-dog-poo and cat-pi1ss people who lived in the Dublin slums.

One was a story the involved XXX-mints. The other was a story that involved tena-mints. Boom boom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

By the by, ireland's worst rail disaster happened on June 12th, 1889, but there were no salt-o-de-ert Dubbalin types, it was a load of prods from Armagh (80 dead, many children) so Joe wouldn't be too interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armagh_rail_disaster

"Joe, I was there that day JFK was in Ireland.. Myself and Bang Bang went up on the bus... <token reference to Clontarf and Dollymount Strand, coddle, trains, fibre gade for bonus points> and when we arrived there, Joe... Bang Bang jumped off the bus and shouted 'Bang, Bang' and the secret service guys left him so badly beaten up we had to bring him to the doll's hospital to have his arm sewn back on"

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Am listening to the promo for today.

F.F.S'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssake

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

timotei-lion-ad.jpg?Funny-Lions

50's Lion kills 50's child in the 50's

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is Joe taking the p!ss or what??

Lions on the loose in Dublin back in the rare ould times :rolleyes:

I'd be more interested if it was lions on the Luas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Tisserand wrote: »
    Am listening to the promo for today.

F.F.S'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssake
    Just caught a bit of it..........Lions v Wallabies.....sounded like a promo for Saturday Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Stick your anti-electronic cigarettes vendetta up your hole Joe: http://www.thejournal.ie/britain-e-cigarettes-949481-Jun2013/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Stick your anti-electronic cigarettes vendetta up your hole Joe: http://www.thejournal.ie/britain-e-cigarettes-949481-Jun2013/
    He'd prefer to be sympathetic to the women in street markets selling smuggled cigs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Is Joe taking the p!ss or what??

Lions on the loose in Dublin back in the rare ould times :rolleyes:

I'd be more interested if it was lions on the Luas.

I thought Bang Bang shot those lions. ;) --"Do you remember Joe?" ----will I ever forge'!

58584_152473698114643_2457573_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

50's Lion kills 50's child in the 50's
    Is this not a photo of Bob Geldof just after he escaped from the "Rat Trap".

This could be the most off the wall show yet going by that promo

Helpful plug there during a break on "The News at One" for this mornings' PK Show. :confused:

Do they have clocks in RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This could be the most off the wall show yet going by that promo

What is Joe going to be covering? Is it more deaths in 1916 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

europa11 wrote: »
    Helpful plug there during a break on "The News at One" for this mornings' PK Show. :confused:

Do they have clocks in RTE?

the clock budget was slashed to increase joes wages so he wouldnt be poached by a competitor

^ I didnt realise Jerry Flannery was playing with the Lions this year..

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »

1950's deaths.............Joe recalls when hundreds, nay thousands, were killed by marauding lions on the streets of Dublin.

Joe wants to know why a plaque was never put up to commemorate the disaster, 'woooyy' a stamp was never issued on the 50th anniversary or indeed why Lyons Tea stopped sponsoring da Lahhvlahn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

1950's deaths.............Joe recalls when hundreds, nay thousands, were killed by marauding lions on the streets of Dublin.

Joe wants to know why a plaque was never put up to commemorate the disaster, 'woooyy' a stamp was never issued on the 50th anniversary or indeed why Lyons Tea stopped sponsoring da Lahhvlahn.

This is a joke I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Floppybits wrote: »

It's more serious than that, it's about a Dublin man aged 95 who died in his sleep in 1901 and has yet to have a Liffey bridge or a Dublin Street named after him................................not even a Jayzuz plaque ffs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This could be a "Howard Beale" moment, but does it sum up the listener or the host (is Duffer finally going over the top, driven demented by the cavalcade of dolts with nothing but a phone and a grievance in their lives?)?

syklops wrote: »

Well, a slight exaggeration :D.

Joe mentioned a lion escaped from De Azoo in the 1950's and mauled a girl. I assume she died - otherwise it wouldn't rate as suitable Lahhvlahn material.

He wants people to ring in if (a) they witnessed it. (b) bought anewspaper at the time reporting it or (c) if they're still alive.

Bonus for Joe if a relative of the victim calls in order for him to extract tears.

No joke syklops

a poor aul Dubalin urchin was ate'in by a big cat as old mother Darcy called it

Well, a slight exaggeration :D.

Joe mentioned a lion escaped from De Azoo in the 1950's and mauled a girl. I assume she died - otherwise it wouldn't rate as suitable Lahhvlahn material.

He wants people to ring in if (a) they witnessed it. (b) bought anewspaper at the time reporting it or (c) if they're still alive.

Bonus for Joe if a relative of the victim calls in order for him to extract tears.

Then the researchers will stop being so picky and we will get "Mary from clontarf, you saw a Lion once, didn't you?"

Mary:"Yes Joe"
    Joe:"Wow. Wow!"
    Mary:"Can you hear me Joe?"
    Joe:"Yes Mary. What year was that Mary?"
    Mary:"1765 Joe"
    Joe:"Wow! Wait, are you 250 years old Mary <chuckles>"
    Mary:"265 Joe. I also think I am Oliver Cromwell Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the words Joke, funny, laugh & humourus do not go with liveline