Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Hamilcar wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I borrowed a reasonable amount in 2006. No bank forced me to borrow more than I needed. It's not as if anyone was dragged into the branch and forced to sign a huge mortgage! Maybe I'm a monster for saying this.

I had big equity on my house in 2005 - could have sold and borrowed more to move to a bigger house in a more salubrious location. Had good job at the time and could have afforded it. Luckily, common sense prevailed and I asked myself what if I lost my job. Sold the house anyway but bought a cheaper one, cleared the mortgage, now have no debts. Thank God, because in 2007 I was made redundant and have only been able to get bits of jobs here and there since, enough to keep me going, but thankfully I don't have any banks on my back. I don't want to have to pay for these people who overborrowed and are now thinking of walking away. Many of them could have made the same decision I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

The banks sound like Fr. Dougal....

ooohh, you'll have to accept it :D

This lad is finding it hard out there with his multiple houses

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Back.

From the thread it looks like I didn't miss much?

Joe must be confused as to why these people are cribbing about a few hundred grand..............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How many houses does he have?

snubbleste wrote: »
    How many houses does he have?

I don't think he's even sure how mnay he owns himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Why is everyone so shocked about the behavior of Banks? That's what they do... same way as Joe answers phones that's what he does

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This "them vs. us" **** is tiresome now. They are banks, they are a business. They are not a charity. I wonder how some of these business people like the last caller would feel if some of their customers just called one day and said "Listen....ehmmm.... I know I owe you thousands, but.... ehmmm..... I'm pissing off to Newry and won't be paying you back a cent. See ya."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

I actually think there's no researcher at all. It's Joe putting on one of his many voices. Might explain the huge salary he's on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is this the sensible lady we had on a while ago on the constitution committee ?

I liked this woman the last time she was on. Good to hear her again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She was a great caller, glad to hear she's back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Gay marriage??? Is this about Gaybo and Kathleen??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Floppybits

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Why is everyone so shocked about the behavior of Banks? That's what they do same way as Joe answers phones

Well maybe its because our money was used to bailout the banks when they were in financial trouble and now people think that banks should have some sort of sympathy for the people now in Financial trouble? This is why there is all the moaning.

Banks are in a win win position in this country.

Joe struggling to get words out here......he's not very comfortable discussing this subject methinks!

She is so sensible.
    The 'bad line' button must be broken

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Does Ronan Mullen have a girlfriend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Imagine being described as a 'nice' person.

Yuk.

I've had a same-sex marriage for years.....same sex every time!

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I've had a same-sex marriage for years.....same sex every time!
    missionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Floppybits

missionary?

Isnt that the only positon allowed by law in this country? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Floppybits wrote: »
    Well maybe its because our money was used to bailout the banks when they were in financial trouble and now people think that banks should have some sort of sympathy for the people now in Financial trouble? This is why there is all the moaning.

Banks are in a win win position in this country.

Yes but if we didn't bail them out we would have had no banks then society breaks down even further, not in agreement with it but lesser of two evils

missionary?
    Yes, once. A Columban Father I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

How can they not have an opinion? What's the point of them being there to give their opinion in the first place so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is this the sensible lady we had on a while ago on the constitution committee ?

Yes she is. Can't believe Joe is letting an articulate, cogent caller on the program. Standards .....................................:rolleyes:

Wonder if fascist b**ch that was opposing her last time will be on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Yes, once. A Columban Father I believe!

Father Hernandez?

She is spot on, the government don't want to handle this issue.

Is she the most cosmopolitan irish person alive?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

She is spot on, the government don't want to handle this issue.

Wouldn't say that. It's a bit down the priority list though, like it or not.

syklops wrote: »
    Father Hernandez?
    Could be. I've lost the contact card he gave me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

PauloMN wrote: »
    Wouldn't say that. It's a bit down the priority list though, like it or not.

Bollox, there is no part of the constitution that restricts same sex marriage, its only an interpretation by the courts that has stopped it. The government are pussying out like successive governments before them and are afraid to make a decision, just like on abortion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement