Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kick Bishop Brennan up the arse !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ehhh .. so don't take your kids to mass!!!!

what a fool, she is saying she doesn't want her kid's exposed and brainwashed to this bs, yet she takes them to MASS ??? !!! :S :S :S

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He reacted like "I Lurrrvvveeeee children"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Don't go there if you don't want to hear them preach missus.

Works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Is it appropriate for children to be looking at a man nailed to a cross?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

So it's not ok to let kids hear about 'killing the unborn' etc

BUT

It's ok to let them listen to the story of Herod killing the babies in the Bible or maybe the Crucification which is a fairly horrific way to die. I'm sure there's lots of other violent stories in the Bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

And this caller is suprised that the church is robbing the childrens innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

W W wa wa wa ... Wickeda Wild Wild West, Jim West, Desperado...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

sorry love .. you are full of ****e.

your little child will hear about a man who is tortured, whipped and nailed to a cross.. god bless his little ears ...and you buy easter eggs after it to forget all about it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Tisserand wrote: »
    "Bishops taking the innocence of young children" shocker

There doing that for years, Arbour Hill is booked out.

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »

Corbis-42-33914011.jpg?size=67&uid=0e2e8571-4ff8-42bd-806e-046f71f84e2d

This fella should go there next Sunday :D

Where's my NAMA Croke Park, Joe

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I lose all sympathy for people when they come out with something like... "I'll put my child in <some state institution> where it will cost them a fortune. See how they feel then" ... They dont appreciate the help they get from the State.. It's THEIR child, and it's very unfortunate that they have to suffer illness, but the State is a) not responsible for the child's illness and b) does not have enough money to provide an SNA for every child with special needs.

I agree to some extent with the highlighted bit i.e. the sort of implied threat that some parents make.

However, I disagree with you fundamentally on your other points. Children with special needs should be afforded every help that the State can offer, and I personally feel the least the State can do is provide a reasonable amount of teaching hours per week via SNAs. As for not being able to afford it, if we can afford to pay dole to wasters who can't be arsed working, then we definitely can afford a minimum amount of SNA time that would help children with special needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Saved our souls while he was nailed to a cross,
    Some call him Jesus, Joe calls him Boss!

Sneaky time to do it, but sure they have the next 3 months off to protest at their leisure, Oh I forgot strikes are only for term time

Where's my NAMA Croke Park, Joe

Can't wait for one of the great entitled masses to ask "Where's my Haddington Road, Joe?" and Joe gives them directions (from Croke Park naturally :) )

They found the body where they suspected that it had been buried.. That's ironic alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

this guy sounds like Willie O'Dea.

I lose all sympathy for people when they come out with something like... "I'll put my child in <some state institution> where it will cost them a fortune. See how they feel then" ... They dont appreciate the help they get from the State.. It's THEIR child, and it's very unfortunate that they have to suffer illness, but the State is a) not responsible for the child's illness and b) does not have enough money to provide an SNA for every child with special needs.

Thats how I feel as well.

Very quiet thread today. 4 pages of comments for over an hour or programme. Usually suggests a crap program.

How much is your pension?

• Advertisement

Hang on, this principal worked in a 'special school'. I thought the other womans issue was she wants to send her child to a regular school?

As far as I'm concerned.....Ok misses

How much is your pension?

30 years, school principal.... ca ching.. And these people really have no idea where all the money is going..

syklops wrote: »
    Thats how I feel as well.

Very quiet thread today. 4 pages of comments for over an hour or programme. Usually suggests a crap program.

Fine weather...Ascot (1 winner up and already in the black :)....makes it hard to listen to Duffer's entitlementfest. :D

"I would have thinkin.... "

And she was teaching!!!!!

Is this Brek??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Surely all schools would know their intake for next year by now?

Come on say it

"the most vunerable" :rolleyes:

europa11 wrote: »
    Fine weather...Ascot (1 winner up and already in the black :)....makes it hard to listen to Duffer's entitlementfest. :D

So are you defending the programme today saying it was good?

Quite frankly it bore the arse off me.

• Advertisement

Oh, fcuk the Bible again...run, run fast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement