Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Does anybody remember how teachers and parents managed before the introduction of SNAs? We didn't have any children with special needs in our primary school so I am curious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Meathlass wrote: »

Though if you're in a Union which has accepted the aggreement you get your next increment, If your Union has said no or if you're not in a Union then you don't!

!

That's some scam!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I didn't think it had and as I'm not in a union I wouldn't be as up to date.

But the changes are coming in. From next week we've to work an extra 2 hours (or 2.15 hours a week depending on what page you read) and the increments have been frozen from 1st July.

Though if you're in a Union which has accepted the aggreement you get your next increment, If your Union has said no or if you're not in a Union then you don't!

No details on how we are to work up the extra time, no details on concession days either. As I said, lots of fun!

Increments are frozen, but they're not really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

But the changes are coming in. From next week we've to work an extra 2 hours (or 2.15 hours a week depending on what page you read) and the increments have been frozen from 1st July.

No details on how we are to work up the extra time, no details on concession days either. As I said, lots of fun!

Ah sure you will have 2 long months to figure it out;)..........runs for cover!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Criticising Fianna Fail.....she's gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Did you not vote on it or did the bearded ones just agree on your behalf?

Not in a Union so my opinion doesn't matter. Think there's IMPACT and INTO in our place who are disagreeing about accepting it so come 1st July different conditions will be in place for each.

Asked my boss how he wants me to work up the extra 2.15 hours?
    Don't know
    Will I do an extra 30 mins in the morning? Evening? Take a shorter lunch?
    Don't know, not sure.

Great, thanks boss!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Tisserand wrote: »
    We didn't have any children with special needs in our primary school so I am curious.

We had teachers with special needs in our school :pac:

Does anybody remember how teachers and parents managed before the introduction of SNAs? We didn't have any children with special needs in our primary school so I am curious.

Special schools. We had a woman come in to our primary school., once or twice a week to take some pupils to a separate room for additional support for the afternoon.

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Ah sure you will have 2 long months to figure it out;)..........runs for cover!:D

:D Not a teacher, wish I was!! Lovely long hols. Just those pesky kids to cope with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

:rolleyes: I do that amount extra 3 or 4 days a week most of the time plus I could be on the dole tomorrow, you should thank your lucky stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

"Impact are working very hard for us"

And THIS is why they can ignore you when it comes to negotiating on behalf of their actual members.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What is special needs exactly?are we talking slow readers as they were called in my day or the full wheelchair experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Boombastic wrote: »
    Special schools. We had a woman come in to our primary school., once or twice a week to take some pupils to a separate room for additional support for the afternoon.

Yeah that was in my school as well.

And now back to a much more important topic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

oh back to women flashing boobs. :)

There is something really seedy and dirty in the way Duffy says" wit ur breasts expo esd"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I am definitely making it my business to go to triathlons from now on.

And now back to a much more important topic

Exactly, what percentage of the population do those triathlon things,1 per cent or less, total snoozefest.

"I was quite wet at the time" as the actress said to the bishop!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What was this marshal fellow doing looking at the runners anyway?
    "Ah, let me hold that towel for you, dear. Do you need a rub?"
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

There'll be a huge crowd of onlookers for the next Triathlon.

There is something really seedy and dirty in the way Duffy says" wit ur breasts expo esd"
    I am picturing the Dave McSavage sketch in the studio, without the nipple clamps...

None of these flashers sound hot

:rolleyes: I do that amount extra 3 or 4 days a week most of the time plus I could be on the dole tomorrow, you should thank your luck stars.

I could be on dole tomorrow as well, on month to month contract, no pension etc etc. Regularly do 2 hrs extra (unpaid) a day so no worries in that regard.

tbh if I was in charge of Public Service (I think Minister Meathlass has a nice ring to it!) I'd have stopped increments, concession days, extra hols a long time ago and booted out all the wasters.

He prefers flashing your boobs, but was corrected. He's sulking.

Stephen,were you naked?

one for the soundboard there

If they don't leave it so, they will start disqualifying women for not flashing their booms. Shut up, the lot of ye

tbh if I was in charge of Public Service (I think Minister Meathlass has a nice ring to it!) I'd have stopped increments, concession days, extra hols a long time ago and booted out all the wasters.

i would keep that to yourself in the office:D

I could be on dole tomorrow as well, on month to month contract, no pension etc etc. Regularly do 2 hrs extra (unpaid) a day so no worries in that regard.

Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Because it's difficult to run with an erection...she might gain a competitive advantage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement