Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

At last, some sense being talked.
    Feck Joe and his auld bulb - keep them in the garden.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Joe "have you any unusual footage?" caller "well I have that clip of the dwarf,the unicorn and the priest Joe will I tell you about it?"

If the Savage Eye is accurate then Joe would be very interested in film of dwarves.

Edit:They're called Unicorn films! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

the only one with a "hot bulb" at the moment is Joe, from talking about this sh*te

Joe:"Thanks for the health warning"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

signostic wrote: »
    I read where JFK needed to have sex everyday...did anyone ever investigate how he managed this while in Catholic Ireland..?

Jim fixed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

signostic wrote: »
    I read where JFK needed to have sex everyday...did anyone ever investigate how he managed this while in Catholic Ireland..?

The auld salt o de earth dubs would have brought him up to Monto:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Lets hope Joe is a bit more sensitive with this caller than he was with Bernadette..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm not being smart, but why would anyone want an Irish death cert?

EDIT: Ah I get it, the death isn't recorded here then.

If I died on a plane in the middle of the atlantic where would my death be registered? Just wondering ......

wyrn wrote: »
    I'm not being smart, but why would anyone want an Irish death cert?

If you want to close bank accounts and things when a person dies, they want a copy of the death cert. If there isn't one, then how do these accounts get closed? Have pensions been paid into bank accounts for people who died abroad for the past 30 years?

Instead of trying to get tears out of people and talking about the rare old times, Joe could serve the public and establish these things.

• Advertisement

If I died on a plane in the middle of the atlantic where would my death be registered? Just wondering ......
    Wherever the plane was registered?
    Actually, thinking further; if the plane landed in NY with a stiff on board, the NY authorities would have to swing into action and that, by default, becomes an American problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

here we go

break her down Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus he really gets off on this stuff.

That is usually the nationality of the plane you are on, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Wherever the plane was registered?
    or in which ever country your body was recovered to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

syklops wrote: »
    If you want to close bank accounts and things when a person dies, they want a copy of the death cert. If there isn't one, then how do these accounts get closed? Have pensions been paid into bank accounts for people who died abroad for the past 30 years?

Instead of trying to get tears out of people and talking about the rare old times, Joe could serve the public and establish these things.

Well all these people have death certs from the country where they actually died so should be no problem getting accounts etc. closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ah I had assumed that you could use the death cert that had been issued in another country to close accounts etc..

Thanks for showing me the real issue.

"JFK waved at me, Joe. We were old pals, Joe."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Get back on your high nelly Francis, you silly bogger.

wyrn wrote: »
    Ah I had assumed that you could use the death cert that had been issued in another country to close accounts etc..

Thanks for showing me the real issue.

I cant see it working if its in Spanish, or Hindi or Esperanto.

• Advertisement

Meathlass wrote: »
    Well all these people have death certs from the country where they actually died so should be no problem getting accounts etc. closed.

As I said if the death cert is in Spanish?

If there is money owed on the account and the bank tries to verify that the person has died by contacting the registrar and the registrar says that according to their records the person is still alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

As I said if the death cert is in Spanish?

If there is money owed on the account and the bank tries to verify that the person has died by contacting the registrar and the registrar says that according to their records the person is still alive?

There's no problem closing a bank account with a foreign death certificate, you just get it notarised. I suspect the reason the people on the show want their loved one's deaths recorded by the Irish state is for less practical reasons and that is for reasons of posterity. It would upset me greatly if I had a child who died abroad and no record of it was kept in Ireland, even for the seemingly stupid reason that someone researching the family tree in years to come might see that the child was born, but not know how, when or where they died. That's certainly the impression I got from the callers. It might seem trivial to some, but I can understand why someone would want to record it, and can't understand why the state would refuse to do so, if that's what the next of kins want.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe finally gets his revenge for getting lashed out of it over nearly causing a run on the banks

deaths in foreign lands

young GAA players injurys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe patting himself on the back today, as he hits back at "getting it in the neck" (according to his promo) for almost causing a bank run in 2008.

De-Anglo tapes to dominate proceedings according to the great man...........so we'll probably end up with model trains and fibre grade job refusals again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I can see him milking this for the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I had a tape once. It often got tangled. I used to spend ages pulling them out and winding them back in with a pencil. I didn't have money for new tapes and my mother, god rest her soul hadn't enough money to fix the gramophone for the records, which had been the rage the before the tapes. I was a bit of a rebel Joe, I used to tape the new Christy deBurgh song off the radio. They were simpler times joe, you'd get in trouble for that now. I once snuck out to a dana concert.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Boombastic wrote: »
    I had a tape once. It often got tangled. I used to spend ages pulling them out and winding them back in with a pencil. I didn't have money for new tapes and my mother, god rest her soul hadn't enough money to fix the gramophone for the records, which had been the rage the before the tapes. I was a bit of a rebel Joe, I used to tape the new Christy deBurgh song off the radio. They were simpler times joe, you'd get in trouble for that now. I once snuck out to a dana concert.....
    I remember well de toime de slate fell off de roof of de record shop, Joe, terrible it was Joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

For once he might actually discuss something current in the news. Be grateful it's very rare! (Unless it involves fire engines or model trains)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That's some serious stuff in the tapes that the Irish Independent got... So no doubt this will mean that Joe Duffy will have no choice but to discuss....

00000000000000018619.png

2887977295_eb5bbab705.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

There'll be big job losses in O2 Ireland, no Haddington Road for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement