Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Crazy woman expecting some sort of service levels from department of social welfare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Do you like Elephants and 1950's lions?
    Not particularly! Glad i missed it so!

Yakuza wrote: »
    Sounds like more typical ars3ishness of Irish Bureaucracy. Would the Irish state not recognise the death cert of another state? Does this not have a bearing on getting wills read, or access to bank accounts?
    It sounds like a massive loop hole for identity theft to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I handed them my P45, Joe, they took it out of my hand, lit a match and set it on fire.. That's not public service, Joe..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Welcome to the public services, missus.

Privacy? Fecking Privacy? What the feck?

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hear they are waterboarding the self employed when they try and make an application for social welfare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have to say, this one is not exagerrating. I know people who are not shouty and bad mannered (so no excuse to be treated badly) who have had awful treatment in the social welfare office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So this is what the haddington road agreement has gotten us.

I want to be there for her next visit to the social welfare office.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I hear they are waterboarding the self employed when they try and make an application for social welfare

And that's only if you pay for the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe: can you not scan it in and email it to them? :) What planet is he on? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Welfare dept have the highest sick leave in the whole public sector. Bone idle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I want to be there for her next visit to the social welfare office.. :D

Is that you, Paddy O'Gorman?

People with 100% job security not being understanding towards those without....shocker....I don't know how this could happen....

Jeez, there's one place I really wouldn't want to work in and that's the Social Welfare Office. Especially with the shirtstorm that hit them over the past five years. Cuts and overwork and a system that's fecked-over by every political w&anker going.

So it was your fault

next caller please

45 minute tea break definitely constitutes over-working of an ordinary daycent wurker according to Jack O'Connor....

Oh ffs, ring the department of transport... And get back on to the discussion about Anglo..

They should of denied him his license on the basis of speaking too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Northern Ireland is in the UK. What IS this man's problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I have to say, this one is not exagerrating. I know people who are not shouty and bad mannered (so no excuse to be treated badly) who have had awful treatment in the social welfare office.

Agreed - I've had relatively few dealings with the social over the years, but none of them has ever been a particularly pleasant experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Oh ffs, ring the department of transport... And get back on to the discussion about Anglo..

There will be no more discussion on that subject, got knuckles rapped.

Joe I got my TR1AN license which entitles me to drive a train.. (will you put me on air now)

IT0002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Didn`t Joe say they were getting loads of calls about Anglo at the beginning of the show?...looks like a gagging order has been received from upstairs..

The coverage of the Anglo so far smacks to me of a token reference rather than actually discussing one of the most important topics of the year.. If RTE arent brave enough to discuss the issues of the day, then they should just pull the show altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

IT0002.jpg

Gaybo swapped his Harley for that model, after he joined the RSA.

"Catch-22" my arse.
    Pass a test before the cut-off date and you're entitled to the qualifications of the old rules, dead simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He'll probably spend all day Friday cracking "jokes", singing ditties and listening to Wheezebags Doc and Syl throwing bad one-liners about The Anglo tapes, Fingers, Seanie and what have you.

Yet when it's the hot topic of the day, he practically ignores it to allow non-stories like these last two callers transport alleged problems rattle on.

55 euros, and how long has he been on.. The other story is about 55 Billion, Joe.. That bigger..

• Advertisement

"I didn't heed the warning signs - then one afternoon, bang, I was throwing Joe Duffy on the fecking radio out of the window."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement