Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah, they're bringing some of that good auld Dublin spirit to the country folk, with their cheery ways and joke-cracking personalities. None of the jokes have ever been heard more than a few times and then only on national radio, so it's like a new show, every time.
    And I'm sure the Radio-son Hotel isn't charging the licence-payer more than he/she can afford, for certain. No, they won't be rubbing their hands with glee. Not at all.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"The Laughing Bankers, the Crying Citizens" Ah Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

mike65 wrote: »

Keep it going Joe, it is a sure way for the banksters to plead how can we get a fair trial when RTE the national broadcaster has found us guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That on the promo, Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

That "crying citizens" remark might be more rightly attributed to Joe's latest campaign to have people whose relatives died abroad having those deaths registered here.

He's been trying (albeit without much success :rolleyes:) to squeeze tears out of them for the bones of a week by now.

I suppose once again the Montrose Legal Dept. will have him flitting in and out of the Anglo tapes, that, along with any criticism of Cowen or "the late great" Brian Lenihan will ensure more mish-mash coverage of the tapes on the Lahhvhlahn.

After all, someone whose friggin' driving licence wasn't renewed on time has to take prioity over the greatest scam inflicted upon the populace in our history since Christianity was introduced to this island, doesn't it Joe?

• Advertisement

:eek: Reversal of SNA teaching hours cuts just announced.

Joe will be breaking out the champers now. Anglo be damned.....a victory for Joe trumps the lot. It's SNA gloating for the day.

Expect him to be more unbearable than ever. :P

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe will be breaking out the champers now. Anglo be damned.....a victory for Joe trumps the lot. It's SNA gloating for the day.

I hope none of those callers start trying to steal Joe's thunder on HIS achievement.. After all, it was HIM that called them..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joe will be breaking out the champers now. Anglo be damned.....a victory for Joe trumps the lot.

Its great news and has fúckall to do with Joe and everything to do with the relentless campaign by the families of people with special needs to have this decision reversed. If any public figure deserves credit, its Brendan O'Connor.

Fúck Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Remember the Greens?:pac::mad:

Expect him to be more unbearable than ever. :P

he might just pick on a business and destroy them in celebration

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    Its great news and has fúckall to do with Joe and everything to do with the relentless campaign by the families of people with special needs to have this decision reversed. If any public figure deserves credit, its Brendan O'Connor.

Fúck Joe.

True enough Lapin. He won't see it like that though, he'll be putting on the false modesty act when the first "...thanks to you Joe...." call filters through.

Who knows, maybe one of braver reee-searchers will read your post and gently whisper in his ear, in the style of the slave who accompanied victorious Roman Emperors that he is "only mortal" :D

Caller: "And it's thanks to you and your show, Joe.. and the great work that you do.... etc etc. "
    Joe: "oh it's not me it's the callers that make the show, and they droyave the agenda" i.e. You are all pawns in my game to make whatever changes to society that I see fit.. I am Joe-us Duffyus Maximus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lapin wrote: »

Fúck Joe.

You mean the same Brendan o Connor who was Bertie aherns cheer leader till the end. The same bertie who caused all these cuts in the first place.

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Remember the Greens?:pac::mad:

I had hoped they had gone away. Then some clown on the news at one decided to resurrect a dead pr1ck to interview, and put me off my lunch.

I had hoped they had gone away. Then some clown on the news at one decided to resurrect a dead pr1ck to interview, and put me off my lunch.

I dont see how it would put you off your lunch.. were you having a salad?

Let the backslapping fest commence........

For the next half hour: The metaphorical carrying of Joe Duffy on the shoulders of the nation..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Some people are never happy.

I couldnt believe that it cost the same as the third level bill (which must be monumental at this stage given that EVERY kid goes to college).

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

The cuts have been reversed but still the whinging goes on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Let the backslapping fest commence........

You're forgetting this is miseryline. There will be more moaning.

"Why did he even make the cut in the first place Joe?"
    "Attacking the most vulnerable in our society Joe"
    Etc.

This is just showboating

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Some people are never happy.
    Does this woman want Quinn to reverse the reversal so she can carry on whinging?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You mean the same Brendan o Connor who was Bertie aherns cheer leader till the end. The same bertie who caused all these cuts in the first place.

Am I missing something here?

This.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Does this woman want Quinn to reverse the reversal so she can carry on whinging?:confused:

No, she is happy to moan despite the reversal.

So despite the reversal of the decision, they're still not satisfied. Ah well! why not, sure the country is awash with cash.

(emits Duffer type *sigh*)

Two calls in, two more bad lines......Joe fishing around still for compliments.

"Ruairi Quinn didnt mention my particular situation in the dail and I am outraged Joe!"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

FFS, a deluded Quinn supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This Monaghan one is part of the Wack Pack.

• Advertisement

*Alarm belling ringing*

This caller shouldnt have got through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement