Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

What sort of pension is this guy on, if he is paying that much tax.

Probably an accidental landlord of multiple properties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Walsh Taxi Killarney, you're being scammed by your seo ad seller

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

EDDIE HOBBS KLAXON!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Heard it all now, Eddie Hobbs on to comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Yawn,

Eddie Hobbs

Former bubble stoker

Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hobbs, we can hear you.

But do we really want to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Eddie "I warned people" Hobbs :eek: .

Don't mention those holiday homes on the Cape Verde Islands, Eddie :rolleyes:

Waiting on line 4 - after the break...............Jim "soft landing" Power with his two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

europa11 wrote: »
    Eddie "I warned people" Hobbs :eek: .

Don't mention those holiday homes on the Cape Verde Islands, Eddie :rolleyes:
    Ah sure what was 1000 euro for a return flight back in the boom? Sure you could visit your holiday home every weekend for that.

Also, GROCERIES ORDER!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Hobbs is a fool but he is correct.

The country is rotten to the core. The tapes come as no surprise to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Posh lawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think the worst thing about Patrick Neary is how passive he is about what is going on.. He took his six figure sum and left with his huge pension... If the guy had any sense of patriotism or pride in his professional work, he would have:

a) Called for an inquiry in to what the auditors were doing, and taking a case against them looking for the State's money back. If the auditors felt they were lied to, then they could take a case against the banks..

b) Led the call for action against the people in the banks who lied to him.. It doesnt matter how good you are at your job, if you are being lied to then you can never do your job properly..

How can he be so passive, and be prepared to be the fall guy.. Is he a complete coward, or just happy with the money?

leaked by the Gardai.. I never thought about that, but it would make sense..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I think the worst thing about Patrick Neary is how passive he is about what is going on.. He took his six figure sum and left with his huge pension... If the guy had any sense of patriotism or pride in his professional work, he would have:

a) Called for an inquiry in to what the auditors were doing, and taking a case against them looking for the State's money back. If the auditors felt they were lied to, then they could take a case against the banks..

b) Led the call for action against the people in the banks who lied to him.. It doesnt matter how good you are at your job, if you are being lied to then you can never do your job properly..

How can he be so passive, and be prepared to be the fall guy.. Is he a complete coward, or just happy with the money?

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

leaked by the Gardai.. I never thought about that, but it would make sense..
    my earlier post suspected that the Garda would have already listened to these tapes when they went into Anglo, so there must not be enough evidence based on the tapes alone

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah well; once again, we see the valuable lesson in play - Greedy Assholes Feck It Up For Everybody Else.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

ah, cases, actions, tribunals... Can we not just round them up and shoot them like I suggested earlier in the thread?

signostic wrote: »
    my earlier post suspected that the Garda would have already listened to these tapes when they went into Anglo, so there must not be enough evidence based on the tapes alone

Anglo Offices were raided in Feb 2009, so I presume the Gardai have the tapes since then at least.

Joe is nice in that respect.

Reminding us not to tune in on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Ah well; once again, we see the valuable lesson in play - Greedy Assholes Feck It Up For Everybody Else.

yes indeed a bad case of GAFIUFEE....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

De banks again. All sensational stuff to be sure but I can't imagine there is anything more to be said that has not already been said. And I'm sure that the boyos on the tapes are taking notes on all that is being said and will use it to claim that they could not get a fair trial in the unlikely event of any of them ever ending up in court. We are just playing into their hands all over again, (and no doubt having yet another snigger).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Roger_007 wrote: »
    De banks again. All sensational stuff to be sure but I can't imagine there is anything more to be said that has not already been said. And I'm sure that the boyos on the tapes are taking notes on all that is being said and will use it to claim that they could not get a fair trial in the unlikely event of any of them ever ending up in court. We are just playing into their hands all over again, (and no doubt having yet another snigger).
    They are probably phoning each other as we speak, laughing about how there will be a toothless Oireachtas enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

They need to get Joe to chair this inquiry.

No, you couldn't expect poor Joe to take that much of a pay-cut. Gaybo is your man for the job; (although if it takes as long as the Flood/Mahon tribunal he will be 110 by the time it's completed.):D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

In Ballyer

Colm Keaveney for the Lavelahn today???

Honky Dory, is that eating crips when doing a bit of line dancing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Liveline Run on the Banks 2.0

What's today...The Joe Duffy tapes :eek:

• Advertisement

What's the point of this show, to say we told you there was something wrong or some crap like that ? It's getting 10 minutes, if there's no threatening calls from the gubberment before then I'm out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement