Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

a retired banker with a negative equity mortgage = bullsh_ite

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is Duffy taking credit for this or something? I'm sure he'd even go as far to say that he was the one who handed over the tapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Could couple Larkin to a genset and that's ESB sorted out.

If Larkin was around now, he'd be on a six figure sum, with a huge pension, and making sure that the worst workers were immune from accountability... same as the rest of union leaders...

Oh and he'd have a big grey beard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

If Larkin was around now, he'd be on a six figure sum, with a huge pension, and making sure that the worst workers were immune from accountability... same as the rest of union leaders...

Oh and he'd have a big grey beard..

Please make this post of the day

I'm gonna ring in and say "Joe I remember when Sinn Fein were in charge, they didnt like what was going on in the Northern Bank, so they went in and took the money off them"

• Advertisement

"God rest Brian Lenihan"

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Prionchias O'Rahalla safe to say he is a conservative MP from the home counties:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I was wondering how long it would take before the S word raised it's head!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

there is a lot of grave rolling going on, is this a new fad? :)

If there is any more turning or rolling in graves today The Irish Seismic Industry will be checking their Richter scales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Prionchias O'Rahalla safe to say he is a conservative MP from the home counties:rolleyes:
    Safer to say he's an FFr. Blame it all on the banks and get FF of the hook.;)

"They were good business men"

Ultimate troll. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I'm am businessman, that's what I am, that's what I do. Let's sit down here, me, you and a couple of fcuk off spread sheets.

Ah but it does matter because if they are made an example of it wont be done again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Ah here - the lads in the dept of finance were blameless. And clueless. Blamelessly clueless in fact. Still are. So were the lads in the central bank. And the regulator - may he enjoy his plush retirement.

The saints in our civil service are blameless and were not in charge of anything. Anything at all. Or responsible for anything. Careful now Joe!!!

It was the bankers and the politicians wot done it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

We need Paul Williams to inject some drama into this. Fifteen minutes in and not one mention of 'scumbag", "banking criminal warlords", "banking drug gangs" etc etc

He called them 'thugs' on a Newstalk Interview yesterday, so getting there slowly but surely

"This controversy, Joe. ..it wont take people off trolleys Joe"

Hopefully it leave Drummer on one..

Does anybody else the get the whole vibe: The Government stopped "hero of the people" Joe Duffy from saving us from the financial crisis..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Does anybody else the get the whole vibe: The Government stopped "hero of the people" Joe Duffy from saving us from the financial crisis..?

I just said something along those lines to the person here beside me :pac:

"We could take the drawers off the Germans at business"

Oh just shut up you fkn idiot..

• Advertisement

Why JOe??? WHY???? OUR PEOPLE FAILED US JOE!! WHYYYY??? WHYYYYY JOOOOOOOOE???????

Joe Duffy-The financial "Flash Gordon".......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"We can barter to survive."
    Here, I'll give you a brick for that scone, missus.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

woooohhhh - this guy is an absolute gem of a loon. Send him to the germans to get our 30 squillion back!!

"We are all suffering you know yourself Joe" FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Its a known fact that the NTMA wouldnt put money in Anglo for sometime before the Anglo crash. Its also known that Biffo lobbied the NTMA to put money into Anglo. Maybe the NTMA should have been over seeing the Banks... and politicians!!

I remember RTE had a debt of 16 million.. The state came in and bailed them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

do the callers not realise how much money Joe is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "We can barter to survive."
    Here, I'll give you a brick for that scone, missus.

in fairness back in the 80s there was a period where every bank in the country was closed for 6 months due to strikes.

if we could survive that we could survive a few weeks of a transitional period where the whole kit and caboodle is liquidated and sold off to bank of canada or something.

they'd only be too happy to take college green off our hands for 1 euro.

the banks should never have been saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

we still waitin for the truth about bertie, anyone else holding their breath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement