Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Comedian Kevin Gildea.. Is he early for the Mooney Show?

he makes me ashamed to be Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

the Germans need to make a few apologies first

They should be apologising for keeping Euro interest rates rock bottom for years even when it was fuelling a credit bubble in the Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I bet you will all remember where you were and what you were doing when Colm Keaveney resigned from the labour party, earth shattering stuff:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I bet you will all remember where you were and what you were doing when Colm Keaveney resigned from the labour party, earth shattering stuff:rolleyes:

In 50 years time, RTE will be devoting an entire week of programming to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think we have a better chance of RTÉ dedicating an entire week of programming to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    In 50 years time, RTE will be devoting an entire week of programming to it :D

And around campfires, while boiling pots of water (or maybe coddle), people will say... "Ah .. shur Joe Duffy (probably known as NostraDuffymus in focloir) tried to save them, but they all ignored him"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭Hitchens

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe is back after the break with the worrying news that Oirish bars all over Germany are being marked so that passers-by will know the nationality of the owners.

Apparently local hoods are festooning the outsides of these premises with inflated shamrock balloons and harp shaped stickers.
    shillelaghnacht :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

I had a quick scan through the reader replies to the articles in the FAZ and Bild.
    No ire directed towards the Irish that I saw. They were all totally p===d off at the bankers, and not just Irish bankers but all bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Its critically important that we, the average Sean Spuds, know what the average Bernhard Bratwursts think of us. Especially when filtered through the minds of 'musicians' and tabloid journalists, so to speak.

I wonder does Jöseph Von Duffenhoffen take many calls asking why are ve givink our hard earned marks to Paddy?

withless wrote: »
    I wonder does Jöseph Von Duffenhoffen take many calls asking why are ve givink our hard earned marks to Paddy?

And if Jöseph Von Duffenhoffen found out how much his Irish equivalent was "earning" (and in not such a hard manner either :D) he might ask himself "vy he must not be coming to ze Ierland to make some easy marks" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Complaint that Joe Duffy ‘harrassed a priest on air’ upheld by watchdog

http://www.thejournal.ie/complaint-that-joe-duffy-harrassed-a-priest-on-air-upheld-by-watchdog-968676-Jun2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Just read that also. Too right, he was completely obnoxious that day, then again he is like that most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does that mean the show will start with an apology read by AN Onymous?

EDIT - Nope!

Ah memories of Anglo-Irish Bank....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

no apology First Joe or will a lacky have to read it out after the program?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So have I missed anything worth pod casting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm a teacher Joe, on holidays Joe, and I want to rant Joe, about bankers and developers

We walked in to David Drumm's office Joe and there he was choking a squirrel..

lucylu wrote: »
    no apology First Joe or will a lacky have to read it out after the program?

Probably read it out after tomorrow's predictably awful " Funny Friday" when no one barring the terminally deaf will be tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Took the leaflet and binned it, is what he did. :)

I knew there would be a beard involved somewhere

• Advertisement

We walked in to David Drumm's office Joe and there he was choking a squirrel..
    Was it a grey or red squirrel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Let me predict this story.

Despite just being bailed out a banker was seen lighting cigars with 20 euro notes.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'm a teacher Joe, on holidays Joe, on full pay Joe, and I want to rant Joe, about bankers and developers

fixed

all that bothers her are the cuts in schools.

Shows in a nutshell how much teachers care about the rest of us.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have to say the clip of the wBankers singing Deutschland Deutschland cracked me up, I know its awful but at it just highlighted the arrogance of them. I can't stop humming it to myself now. :D

why do politicians protect bankers so much ?

I would have thought the Germans would have want them hung with piano wire, and video taped for their late night viewing.

Bertie Ahern on line 4

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"What was your reaction when you heard the tapes?"

Is this the new, "have you got Sky?"

• Advertisement

The Croke Park agreement went hand in hand with the banks in bankrupting the country missus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement