Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Not getting the full story here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This lad's problems has more to do with his own decision of getting a 100% mortgage, not David Drumm.. The birds that were nested in my roof, were kicked out by a magpie.. I'm suppose that's probably David Drumm's fault as well?..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

snubbleste wrote: »
    If he was renting, would he have the same attitude of not paying his rent and bills?

he sounds far too privileged to be "only renting" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hang on, you're not being asked to pay back the Anglo debt Andrew, you're being asked to pay back what you borrowed.

Didn't he say both he and his wife pay USC so they are both working and still not paying their debt?

Sounds to me more like someone who doesn't want to pay back the money they borrowed because now their home isn't worth what they paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

plug the buke

• Advertisement

Ah fek off Aubrey III

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

This lad's problems has more to do with his own decision of getting a 100% mortgage, not David Drumm.. The birds that were nested in my roof, were kicked out by a magpie.. I'm suppose that's probably David Drumm's fault as well?..

That's the problem now a load of people will now start to blame Anglo for their own stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pluger

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭rollcall

Ah fek off Aubrey III

Who is Aubrey II??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Two civil servants not paying there mortgage, more like looking for a write down in the can pay won't pay. There salary can't have change that much since 2007 if not gone up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How does her husband work in Anglo given that it has been wound up?

So he never got a pay rise in Anglo?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

And many of the 'ordinary staff on the ground' bankers who were selling 100% and 100% + mortgages. "We were only following orders" brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought this - Irish civic values have been stunted to the point of stupefaction by the mere existence of Liveline. Every day an outrage everyday we phone or listen in to the outraged either nodding or rolling our eyes but all of us are passive and quite literally careless. Do better run societies like Denmark or Finland have such distractions allowing us to vent while the idiots in charge get away with murder?

Whatever you say missus don't say "we were only carrying out orders"

not this week anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How many idiots csn be fit into one hour Joe?

Enough that would fill Croke Park 3 times

Let Sean Fitzpatrick out of it.. Then Joe says his name (instead of Fitzgerald)... that's top level broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Ordinary employeess who were afraid, sorry, getting big bonuses

Thought she was going to get an "expunge" yellow card there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Anns husband is.innocent everyone. He saw and heard nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ann? Who is Ann Joe?

Isn't her name Margaret?

Margaret called just to say, look it, whatever you do just don't make it hard for me and my husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

donegal11 wrote: »
    Two civil servants not paying there mortgage, more like looking for a write down in the can pay won't pay. There salary can't have change that much since 2007 if not gone up.

It would be changed (downwards) a huge amount if they were both at the top of their pay scales in 1997. Between pay cuts, pension levy and recruitment and promotion embargo there would be no scope to increase their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Ah; I'd so many Anglo shares, I could have papered the Directors' Toilets in De Auld Croke Park, Joe."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

shares in dah loo... ..eeww

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

shares in "loo" how are the toilet markets at present?

Ah now Joe, is the faux symapthy for her shareholding loss anything related to the news that Dear Old Uncle Gay also lost out big time on the same scraps of paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Tisserand wrote: »
    Ordinary employeess who were afraid, sorry, getting big bonuses

I don't buy the ordinary staff line. If I only carry out hits for the mafia, I.m still part of the scum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

An Anglo share was worth €17.31 in 2007
    So if she had 10,000 for example that'd be...

He shouldnt have a fkn job Ann... You are delusional... A lot of the staff in Anglo simply looked the other way, when their pockets were being stuffed with cash...

Of course, none of them were in charge NOW, but I'm sure they were all "running the fkn place" pre 2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

im sure the "tape" attitude ran from top to bottom in that kip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement