Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tisserand wrote: »
    Charlie Haughey
    Haughey, while an auld rogue, at least had a certain style; unlike the shower of tic-tac men that succeeded him.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

We can bet that if we could hear the conversations of BOI and AIB heads at that time, the conversations would have been no different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I'd say there was some camraderie there in the past alright Margaret.

We're still paying for that partying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Haughey, while an auld rogue, at least had a certain style; unlike the shower of tic-tac men that succeeded him.

a thief in a Charvet Shirt as opposed to a thief in a Armani suit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tear ducts have opened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I hope Joe isn't suggesting paint throwing, not after all the fuss he made about Mary Harney getting paint balled by by the Eirigi woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe get the clamps on, Tears on the way.

Tears

BINGO!

----bonus pt. for former Anglo employee

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say she was shouting from the rooftops that her husband was working for anglo during the boom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

We can bet that if we could hear the conversations of BOI and AIB heads at that time, the conversations would have been no different

There are tapes for BOI and AIB as calls have to be monitored for legal reasons ie: to prove if someone agreed to sell in dollars or euro etc....
    Anglo however is the prime target for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

JM Skipton wrote: »
    There are tapes for BOI and AIB as calls have to be monitored for legal reasons ie: to prove if someone agreed to sell in dollars or euro etc....
    Anglo however is the prime target for obvious reasons

I hope they still exist. .

snubbleste wrote: »
    An Anglo share was worth €17.31 in 2007
    So if she had 10,000 for example that'd be...

But if they took dividends over the boom years in cash instead of in more shares, at least they would have got something out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

He shouldnt have a fkn job Ann... You are delusional... A lot of the staff in Anglo simply looked the other way, when their pockets were being stuffed with cash...

Of course, none of them were in charge NOW, but I'm sure they were all "running the fkn place" pre 2007

She sounds holier than thou

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I would say she was shouting from the rooftops that her husband was working for anglo during the boom

Agree totally. I'd say she has been to a few cocktail parties, rubbing shoulders with the big boys!!!

And probably from the top of the one in the background here.

burj-al-arab-rolls-royce-phantom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm sorry we've let you down, Des, and that you are now embarrassed in front of Gunther and Fritz..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I worked in AIB capital markets for a year in 2007 and all the conversation around the water cooler was about the share price, plus they were all getting 'staff rate' mortgages.

What instrument did he say he played again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Another one of these who's overly concerned with what our neighbours might think of us. We're becoming the Hyacinth Bucket of Europe.

But if they took dividends over the boom years in cash instead of in more shares, at least they would have got something out of them
    But why would you take the cash if the share price was going up and up and up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

gazzer wrote: »
    It would be changed (downwards) a huge amount if they were both at the top of their pay scales in 1997. Between pay cuts, pension levy and recruitment and promotion embargo there would be no scope to increase their wages.

So let's say they had modest jobs at top of their salaries at say 35k each. yet they still haven't paid off any capital in 6 years, somethings wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And many of the 'ordinary staff on the ground' bankers who were selling 100% and 100% + mortgages. "We were only following orders" brigade

I thought Anglo didn't do ordinary punter mortages, only multi-million and billion euro deals for developers (those values having been pulled out of the ars3s of said developers, most of the time).

While I do feel a modicum of sympathy for ordinary staff in the traditional banks, those in Anglo must have known they were on some kind of merry-go-round that was was going to have to come to a stop at some point...

And this was a country that was hoodwinked by Hitler?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I couldn't care less what my European neighbours make of the Irish people, don't believe a word of this spoofer. Just because Berlosconi is having bunga bunga parties with coke and hookers I don't believe all Italians are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The 'average man in the street' has always been the problem in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Joe FFS the Germans don't think anything of the sort stop this sensationalist crap

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh and another thing, the Germans didn't mind putting their money in the 'Wild West' which is what Ireland was called then, they all saw Euro signs.

"Shocked...surprised.....embarrassed"

And rightly so.

You're making a complete ape of yourself on national radio.

"It's disgusting, dis-gust-ing Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Its disgusting and shocking but absolutly nothing will be done. Because our politicians are spineless overpaid thicks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement