Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I rang up to find out about my Daimler..

Liveline is not for first world problems mister..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

We can always rely on Joe to reflect on the hot burning issues of the day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

snubbleste wrote: »
    If you can afford the car you can afford the 15 year motor tax bill :cool:

Yeah as i look at the 100 euro thats to last me for the next 2 weeks, Im finding it hard to feel sympathy for a guy with a 15 year old Jag and a 1989 Daimler which are their hobby cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

tax on a vintage car is 56 per year or 4.67 a month.. according to the www.motortax.ie

oh he's one of Joe's old pals, that's why he's on..

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    The Irish Jaguar and Daimler Club. :D

Is Joe is a member? :P

No, he's in Vintage Fire Engines of rare ould times though.

Whose paying for the mounted Gardai by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

My car was stolen a few years ago. I had taxed it the day before. I rang up the Motor Tax Office to tell them what happened and could they put the matter on hold for a few days to see if my car was found. They more or less said tough and that I still would have to pay the tax even if it was never recovered. Thankfully I had written a cheque so I cancelled it with the bank. My car was never found. I think there should be some leeway for cases like this.

Jaysus that poor child

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

you know, you know, you know, you know

That guy complaining about the tax on his hobby car really pales in comparison to this story.

• Advertisement

"That would be a massive cost to the HSE"..

Dont start with that oul chestnut now..

"That would be a massive cost to the HSE"..

Dont start with that oul chestnut now..

I'm wondering should extended family not have a role in this. This woman has had only one weekend off in seven years. Surely to god there must be somebody, either in the family or a friend, can take over for a few days. The solution to everything just can't be the HSE.

one of the lucky ones.. God I don't want to know how bad the unlucky ones have it :(

Talk to Joe about the amount of money him and the rest of them are pulling from the state.. That might be a start alright..

Can we not go back to the previous topic and try and help out those poor individuals with their vintage cars..

8dbZ3e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

"Hi everbody - I'n Ogie".....here to haunt your dreams!

Tisserand wrote: »
    I'm wondering should extended family not have a role in this. This woman has had only one weekend off in seven years. Surely to god there must be somebody, either in the family or a friend, can take over for a few days. The solution to everything just can't be the HSE.

I think a bit of joined up thinking would improve the situation. I bet the HSE know of some other family in a similar situation, at the very least they could put them in touch with each other, and they could cover for each other for a day here or there to allow for a little bit of extra respite.

I think the problem with getting other friends or family involved is they need training in the use of all the different drugs and equipment and the HSE wont pay for the additional training. You also probably have questions in relation to insurance and health and safety etc, which complicates(read increases the costs).

Sounds to me like the whole family should move to the UK, considering they don't seem to have any family support here and the fact that the child needs constant trips to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You'ld be surprised. Look at how often it happens in a large family that only one person ends up doing all the caring for an elderly parent.

I'm wondering should extended family not have a role in this.
    It seems a bit technical though.. the sort of thing you wouldnt trust anybody else to do..

• Advertisement

Sounds to me like the whole family should move to the UK, considering they don't seem to have any family support here and the fact that the child needs constant trips to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Yeah would make sense really.. My cousin married a northern lad with a kid who has special needs, and the state send a car round every morning to bring the child to school.. They seem a lot more hands on up there.

You'ld be surprised. Look at how often it happens in a large family that only one person ends up doing all the caring for an elderly parent.

I can see why one person typically ends up being a full time carer but I can't understand why other siblings can't help out occasionally.

On a side note Tiede Herrema (who was kidnapped by the RA during the 1970s) was in Dublin last weekend. He actually met Eddie Gallagher, who had been his kidnapper and said that he seemed like a nice guy.

Not a word from Joe about this. Though this is probably because Dr Herrema would not give him the right answers to his loaded questions the last time he was on..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Can we not go back to the previous topic and try and help out those poor individuals with their vintage cars..

8dbZ3e.jpg

where's a grassy knoll when you need it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

On a side note Tiede Herrema (who was kidnapped by the RA during the 1970s) was in Dublin last weekend. He actually met Eddie Gallagher, who had been his kidnapper and said that he seemed like a nice guy.

Not a word from Joe about this. Though this is probably because Dr Herrema would not give him the right answers to his loaded questions the last time he was on..
    There is an excellent documentary about him on RTE radio, you should check out the podcast on Documentary on One, it's well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

8dbZ3e.jpg
    That's absolutely Eiffel.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Gavin of Autoglass."
    What a turgid advert.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I like Tom's straight talking..

Joe wrong pronunciation of his wife's name.. jaysus..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Joe wont like Tom saying it was blown out of all proportion. I'm sure he was hoping to get a bit of devastation out of Tom being stopped at the airport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement