Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

withless wrote: »
    Typical forklift driver interview question:

"whats the difference between a midget and a dwarf?

The lad probably didn't know it.
    You haven't run over the dwarf.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What is peoples fear of naming companies?

If you are saying something bad about them then there can be legal problems. If you are stating facts, like they provide a certain service, you can name the them with out worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

syklops wrote: »

If you are saying something bad about them then there can be legal problems. If you are stating facts, like they provide a certain service, you can name the them with out worrying.

Maybe Joe can't leg it up to The Four Courts like he used to anymore. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They will sue Liveline rather than the caller.

And as RTÉ cannot verify the accuracy of every caller its safer for them not to have the identy of the company revealed.

Otherwise anyone could phone in and name any company they had a gripe with while accusing them of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

EXPUNGE, EXPUNGE!!

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    They will sue Liveline rather than the caller.

And as RTÉ cannot verify the accuracy of every caller its safer for them not to have the identy of the company revealed.

Otherwise anyone could phone in and name any company they had a gripe with while accusing them of anything.

Thats understandable if they have a gripe, but its become the norm for all companies. The last call on there was a guy saying there are companies who provide manual handling training and things, I won't say the name. Why not? You're not accusing them of something. They're not going to sue Liveline for getting free advertising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thats understandable if they have a gripe, but its become the norm for all companies. The last call on there was a guy saying there are companies who provide manual handling training and things, I won't say the name. Why not? You're not accusing them of something. They're not going to sue Liveline for getting free advertising.

True.

That, I don't get.

Especially as Liveline is regularly used by people to plug their own businesses.

I'm looking at you Aubrey.

Joe mentioned he would (well, that means might) talk to the protestors who broke up the auction in The Shelbourne yesterday.

if he does I hope he gets on teh guy who appeared on RTE News last evening who came up with this beauty.

'Constant Markievicz gave his life to end supression, taxation and eviction on the Green across from this building'

And there we were thinking Countess Markievicz was a woman :)

Rather interesting to note too that this patriot had her dying during the 1916 Rising, despite the fact she went on to serve in the first Dáil where she served as a Minister in a government which could have hardly been against taxation for obvious reasons.

Hope he comes on but I guess Joe will probably go back to his care homes Campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe mentioned he would (well, that means might) talk to the protestors who broke up the auction in The Shelbourne yesterday.

'Constant Markievicz gave his life to end supression, taxation and eviction on the Green across from this building'

Reminds me of Tony Hancock..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

europa11 wrote: »

if he does I hope he gets on teh guy who appeared on RTE News last evening who came up with this beauty.

And there we were thinking Countess Markievicz was a woman :)

Rather interesting to note too that this patriot had her dying during the 1916 Rising, despite the fact she went on to serve in the first Dáil where she served as a Minister in a government which could have hardly been against taxation for obvious reasons.

Hope he comes on but I guess Joe will probably go back to his care homes Campaign.
    I saw that guy on the news last night and I think he fairly represented the rent-a-crowd who were there, i.e. all thick as sh1t. What exactly were they protesting about anyway? They probably didn't have a clue...they just wanted to protest about SOMETHING:confused:

• Advertisement

Ah yes, Pope John Paul and the retrospective miracle.. A miracle in itself..

The guy who showed him how to get in..

20111128061514261111_drumm1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sounds like a ex guard

5 Minutes in and we still don't know what the story is.

Hearing voices every time you step outside isn't usually a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Jesus its Netwatch Joe.

Its not the fcukin CIA who are watching him.

hey you with the baseball cap

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I saw that guy on the news last night and I think he fairly represented the rent-a-crowd who were there, i.e. all thick as sh1t. What exactly were they protesting about anyway? They probably didn't have a clue...they just wanted to protest about SOMETHING:confused:

Had no idea what they were protesting about but either but after seeing the clip on the news I began thinking that they were Irish estate agents who didn't get the business and their nose was out of joint because an 'English' company, Allsop, got the business. I am probably wrong, but this was the impression I got..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

so can someone tell me, why he has no key for house, has he ever lived in it? what's going on?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

2 houses?

• Advertisement

Is this the Big Brother house for the new series?

Me Shell

can we start at the beginning here

"I want my day in court"

Talking to Joe mighn't be the best thing to do in that case.

I don't know why he didn't use a simple sentence at the beginning, like "Joe bought a house in a ghost estate and it's a total bollox."

Is this meant to make it more exciting or what? We are now 10 minutes in and we know he is going to be doing gardening, but aside from that, what is the problem?!?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, (or Joe).........etc. etc.......you know the rest.:D

Good Girl, of FRO you patronizing git

Clare County Council......Was this guy on before about some ghost estate in Killaloe (which suited Joe at the time because he was about to inflict a "Funny Friday" on the village).

• Advertisement

I know there's new legislation coming in restricting Joe commenting on topics but Jesus H Christ it doesnt preclude him for telling us what the f**k is going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement