Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Can't imagine any of these "feminists" would be up for a threesome after a night on the razz in Coppers.

Not that I'm offering mind! Important to clarify that,

Tuned out for a while, pretty lame show today but all over the place as is par for the course in Lahv Lahn. Is the Famous Five feature worth listening to later? I have lashings of lemonade to wash down a mountain of jelly and ice cream later......

Only if you want to enjoy that lemonade, jelly and icecream (mmmmmmm!) with your ears bleeding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus but the victim mentality out there of some women is fuking mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

If one of my male colleagues pulled me onto their lap at work I think I'd actually have a stroke! My boss is careful to not even touch my hand when we're exchanging documents! Would be hilarious if the former happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I want qualification as to whether Tom Barry said "Ye ho ye boy ya" as he was pulling her down on his lap before I make any further comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

There should be an ****ing health warning with this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I thought Grabbing only happens on the big fat Gypsy weddings.. now its on Dail TV :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leftwing cos youre broke

64fb3_ORIG-south_park_gay_orgy_pile.gif

The Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

AIG ad:mad:

Pardon if this has been answered elsewhere - but wtf is with the reference to the noises in the restaurant in that ad????? Am I alone in not hearing a damn thing??

"It was negative...negative...negative..."

Just like a typical Liveline so.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pardon if this has been answered elsewhere - but wtf is with the reference to the noises in the restaurant in that ad????? Am I alone in not hearing a damn thing??

Not just you, there are no sounds.

It's trying to get what they in the advertising business call "cut through" by inviting more attention and further scrutiny of the ad through the......

Ah screw this, it's just a sh!te ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that's me off the mackerel.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Well, that's me off the mackerel.

This call is so irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

At last, a caller with some sense.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Lapin wrote: »
    storm.jpg

That you, Lapin?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    At last, a caller with some sense.

She wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds with Joe.

Joe: But whoy aren't you disgusted and outraged with this sexual assault?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Until recently I was the only male in my workplace. And the job is one traditionally dominated by women.

Almost daily, I was the subject of some form of innuendo filled comment or joke.

The type the feminists on today's programme insist no longer exists in the workplace.

Perhaps it doesn't matter when the shoe is on the other foot.

I never went running to the phone to talk to Joe about how violated and offended I felt though.

Because I loved every minute of it, gave as good as I got, and enjoyed having the crack with my colleagues. It was how any workplace should be.

Some of these outraged feminists need to chill out a bit.

FFS, life is short enough and there are real problems out there to be tackled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I really believe some people go out of their way to find something to be offended about.

the whole things immediately got me thinking of this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Until recently I was the only male in my workplace. And the job is one traditionally dominated by women.

Almost daily, I was the subject of some form of innuendo filled comment or joke.

The type the feminists on today's programme insist no longer exists in the workplace.

I never went running to the phone to talk to Joe about how violated and offended I felt though.

Because I loved every minute of it, gave as good as I got, and enjoyed having the crack with my colleagues. It was how any workplace should be.

That kind of craic in the workplace is fine until it is being inflicted on a shy or vulnerable person, male or female, who isn't brave enough or able to do something about it. That's when it is a problem.

Have to say, I'm on the side of the inappropriate in the workplace brigade!

Am I the only one who thought Lapin was either getting anal action or drugs out of this? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

did she say "oh you are awful.................but I like you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Did any of the women touch you? Doubt it.

Imagine if a gay man grabbed you on to your lap and jumped you up and down. I doubt you'd like that.

Imagine if a gay man grabbed you on to your lap and jumped you up and down. I doubt you'd like that.

Unless he was Derek Mooney perhaps :D

europa11 wrote: »
    Unless he was Derek Mooney perhaps :D

But if he jumped up on your back, would you leave him there or pull him off?

Hitchens wrote: »
    But if he jumped up on your back, would you leave him there or pull him off?

Pull him off???!!! Most unfortunate choice of words ever!

I wish !

I'd be more surprised than anything else.

After all, I did say I was the only bloke working there.

Ridiculous comparison anyway.

Pull him off???!!! Most unfortunate choice of words ever!

Are you from Cavan? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Joe must be off BBQing coddle????

RTÉ continues its obsession with cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Joe must be off BBQing coddle????

You can barbecue coddle?!? :eek:

Recipe please!

Me auld flower.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    You can barbecue coddle?!? :eek:

Recipe please!

Add a pinch of salt